Mexico pouring troops into Juarez

IMHO it's always a concern when Mexico stages that many of their soldiers so close to the border. It doesn't make me panic, but I find it disconcerting.

OT we are moving to El Paso this summer.

IMHO it's always a concern when Mexico stages that many of their soldiers so close to the border. It doesn't make me panic, but I find it disconcerting.

OT we are moving to El Paso this summer.

Interesting, Kat! I hope you enjoy living there. I lived in TX for a while once upon a time and there were always mixed feelings regarding El Paso.

I agree that staging close to 10000 troops just over the border is interesting to watch.

It will be interesting to see what the U.S. does when this comes across the border more than it has already. Drug cartels, money laundering, kidnappings are already here. Tuscon, Arizona is the kidnap capital of the U.S. and it's all Mexican drug related. I say they should take over Mexico, get rid of the government, cartels, and take over their land and oil.

I am not a woman who is intimidated.
We lived in El Paso for 2 years.
The day after we moved there, I traded in my beautiful wedding ring set for a plain sterling silver band at Wal Mart. I wore it until we cambe back to the SE. I felt as if I looked over my shoulder the entire time we were there. Seriously.
I went to Juarez several times. The corruption and crime there is palpable, I swear.
Miss the food, though.

This is scary. Not just for Texas or Arizona, but California and any other state bordering Mexico. This has been ongoing for a few years now and has been getting worse and worse. I hope they can put a stop to this violence.

I know it's been like 4 years now since my hubby was considering a position running a manufacturing plant just across the border from San Diego. I asked him not to take it because of the kidnappings and killings then. He would have been a prime target going back and forth across the border every day.

JMHO
fran

http://www.star-telegram.com/local/story/1245213.html

Texas makes emergency plans in case violence spills over from Mexico

AUSTIN — The state and federal governments have prepared contingency plans to deal with spillover violence from across the border as Mexican troops clash with ruthless drug cartels terrorizing Mexico.

"Anything you can think of that’s happened in Mexico, we have to think could happen here," said Steve McCraw, Gov. Rick Perry’s director of homeland security. "We know what they’re capable of."

...................snip....................

Mexico’s active-duty armed forces number more than 130,000 and are being aggressively used to combat the cartels. But U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, told reporters last week that Mexico’s two largest drug cartels have fielded a combined army of 100,000 foot soldiers to battle not just government forces but also one another.

This is scary. Not just for Texas or Arizona, but California and any other state bordering Mexico. This has been ongoing for a few years now and has been getting worse and worse. I hope they can put a stop to this violence.

I know it's been like 4 years now since my hubby was considering a position running a manufacturing plant just across the border from San Diego. I asked him not to take it because of the kidnappings and killings then. He would have been a prime target going back and forth across the border every day.

JMHO
fran

http://www.star-telegram.com/local/story/1245213.html

Texas makes emergency plans in case violence spills over from Mexico

AUSTIN — The state and federal governments have prepared contingency plans to deal with spillover violence from across the border as Mexican troops clash with ruthless drug cartels terrorizing Mexico.

"Anything you can think of that’s happened in Mexico, we have to think could happen here," said Steve McCraw, Gov. Rick Perry’s director of homeland security. "We know what they’re capable of."

...................snip....................

Mexico’s active-duty armed forces number more than 130,000 and are being aggressively used to combat the cartels. But U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, told reporters last week that Mexico’s two largest drug cartels have fielded a combined army of 100,000 foot soldiers to battle not just government forces but also one another.

:eek:

One of the worst things about this situation is the fact the Janet Napolitano, our new Secretary of Homeland Security, has her head buried in the sand about the problems caused not only by illegal immigration but by the violence spilling over the border. I'm in AZ and while I was VERY happy to get Napolitano out of the state I can't help but feel extremely vulnerable with her in charge of Homeland Security.

Alot of people here blame her for us being the "Kidnap Capital of the US".

Hopefully the Mexican gov't will be able to handle this not only for their own country's sake but for our's too.

It will be interesting to see what the U.S. does when this comes across the border more than it has already. Drug cartels, money laundering, kidnappings are already here. Tuscon, Arizona is the kidnap capital of the U.S. and it's all Mexican drug related. I say they should take over Mexico, get rid of the government, cartels, and take over their land and oil.

It's not Tucson, it's Phoenix that is the kidnap capital of the U.S.

I would be very surprised if Gov. Perry hasn't already had National Guard down in El Paso to address this problem should it spill over into the US.

I would imagine that the NG is already there in anticipation of spill over.

Where I am in the far NorthEast, I cannot appreciate what this means. I know it's *huge*, but the depth of it...I cannot. Could someone please enlighten me??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back