I need a HUG!

PattyCake

Gypsy By Heart
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,506790,00.html
Millions Flock From Around the World to India's Hugging Guru

The droves who come here leave with no souvenirs, no memories of posh hotels, nothing more than they brought.

All they came for was a hug.

The woman offering the soft embrace is considered a guru, and her tender approach and simple message have galvanized followers to amass in crowds thousands deep at stops around the globe. Part of the appeal of Mata Amritanandamayi, or Amma, as she is universally known, are teachings she says transcend any single faith, let alone simply her Hindu upbringing.

Here is a Hug for you PC ((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))

(((PattyCake))) here's your hug!

I'd travel to India for a sincere hug from "Amma". I wouldn't care about her Hindu upbringing, only about the peace and serenity her hug could possibly bring.

Thanks for the link to such a heartwarming story.

:hug:It makes us not forget the value to the soul a simple human touch provides. :angel2: Hugs to all!

:hug:It makes us not forget the value to the soul a simple human touch provides. :angel2: Hugs to all!

Isn't that so very true? Reading the physiological need for an infant to have the human touch is so necessary for the proper wiring of our brains. Europeans still share their beds with friends & neighbours (in a non sexual way) if they need a place to sleep... We don't have enough human touch in North America.

I also read another study about waiters / waitresses who would touch their customers in some light unoffensive manner and how that overall equated to higher tips than they normally ever had.

:grouphug::grouphug: Hugs to all!

Isn't that so very true? Reading the physiological need for an infant to have the human touch is so necessary for the proper wiring of our brains. Europeans still share their beds with friends & neighbours (in a non sexual way) if they need a place to sleep... We don't have enough human touch in North America.

I also read another study about waiters / waitresses who would touch their customers in some light unoffensive manner and how that overall equated to higher tips than they normally ever had.

:grouphug::grouphug: Hugs to all!

you are so right Pattycake N.America is lacking as far as showing emotions, but we are quick to scream harassment...so sad. I hug all my family, friends and i have even met people that say can i give you a hug. I'm a very out going person, and luv happy people. so hugs for all!!!:woohoo:

I have spent the last 14 yrs. involved with spinalcord injured men from cilvillians to military men. Guess what they desire more than anything after injurie? The touch of giving an unexpexted HUG!, the holding of their hands that may not work, and a slight carress of a hand on their face. Their lives have turned dramatically upside down and yet they desire the simplest of what life can give. I'll never trade my touchy hugging ways to appear cool and collected when I see someone in need.

(((Pattycake))) there's your hug.:)

I'm a hugger, a toucher, a carresser. I am careful to not touch, hug or carress anyone that is uncomfortable with it, I can usually pick up very quickly someone's personal space boundries.

I would say 90% of people that I work with on a volunteer basis run up to me and just hug after they get to know me. I give bear hugs. I am known to touch a soliders face in a caress (mostly female soldiers) as a Mother would.

You would be surprised at the women, young and old, that let me hug them and stroke their cheek in love, as a Momma would. Always with the unconditional love of a Mother.

Karen, you have my absolute admiration. Kudos to you my dear! I am compelled also to give of myself to this community. Yes, I rule with an iron hand but a hand that is tempered with love and dedication to our families and our soldiers. They have a need and I will always rise to the occasion to give of myself what they request and need. So that they can not only survive but thrive in our cycles of deployments. I am known as Mama "R" (surname).

I also know the pain of having a Mother that could not express herself with hugs, and touches. It is just who she is, and I accept that. I am the exact opposite and now that I'm middle aged, I can accept all expression of love and hugs without any conditions.

Human touch is so important. Infants, who do not recieve it fail to thrive and can even die. What does it take? Just a moment in time to be kind...to touch someone with pure love for who they are...karen...thank you for all you do for our servicemen, I admire you.

A long post, for that I'm sorry, but it's such a significant part of our lives..I felt I had to add my two cents. Thank you for reading my long story, and know that tonight as always before I lay down tonight, I will hug every single one of my children and let them know in an unspoken way, that I am truly blessed and honored to be their Mother. I am Momma to five but proudly I am Momma to many. :)

:clap: such a nice post Kat.

I hear ya Kat. My mother & her side of the family are very reserved people. I can't imagine how I turned out the way I did because I was raised mostly by my grandmother (mom's mom). I'm a huge hugger, and no one enters or leaves my house without a hug with a few exceptions of course. I don't hug my meter reader. :p

Here ya go Kat! Back atcha!

((((((((((PatyCake)))))))))))

I am a hugger. However, i tend to be very sensitive to people's feelings and can 'feel' it out. But, anyone that spends anytime with me usually comes to embrace it. lol

It could even be a comforting hand on a shoulder. At some point even people that aren't touchy feely need human comfort.imo of course:)

((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

This is such a touching article, hugs touch not only our human body, but our souls as well.

A big :grouphug: to all my awesome friends as WS!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back