IL IL - Brian, 31, & Angela Charles, 23, Joliet, 2 Mar 2009

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
Evidence Analyzed In Joliet Double Murder

JOLIET, Ill. (CBS) ―

A Will County couple was found shot to death in this house in Joliet Township.

A young couple gunned down in their own home. But there was no forced entry -- and no witnesses.

and

Will County Sheriff's police say 31-year old Brian was shot several times. His 23-year-old wife was shot once in the head. The couple's 2-year-old son was found, unharmed, in his crib.

Police say Brian's ex-wife, Kathleen Rundle, discovered Brian Charles' body early Monday morning. She told police she went to their house to get some videos for her and Brian's kids. Police have since revealed the two were involved in a bitter custody battle.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/Charles.murder.Will.2.952697.html

A TWO year old in his crib??? This whole story is SO sad! Two years old is cognizant enough to understand what is going on.... My heart breaks for all involved in this case. I have to wonder about the Father being shot multiple times, but the Mother was only shot once in the head. Murder/suicide? Kind of odd for a woman to do this.....

The article sounds like the ex-wife might not be in the clear yet.

I was thinking maybe the ex paid someone to do it, said don't hurt the baby, possibly try to make it look like suicide? Maybe she wasn't supposed to be there? I figure if she was the shooter she probably wouldn't be the one to find the bodies. But who knows. We see more and more women commit crimes just like men. This does seem aimed at him though with the multiple shots. JMO of course!

If the husband and ex were in a bitter custody battle, do you really think she would have been over their house early in the morning to collect videos? I think the ex sounds suspicious. If she did do it, how dumb. Now she won't have custody of her kids and there's no dad to take care of them while she does her time.

JMO

oh do tell what ex wife goes at 7am to retrieve videos :rolleyes:

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/03/brian-charles-angela-charles-joliet.html

snipped

The bodies were discovered by Brian Charles' ex-wife, who had gone to the home at 7 a.m. to retrieve some DVDs, police said.

Neighbors on Louis Road reported hearing loud noises around 2 or 2:30 a.m. Monday. Another resident told investigators she saw two men standing in front of the Charles home at around 1 a.m.

The couple's boy was placed with relatives, officials said.

:( there funeral was Saturday

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-joliet-funeral-service-08mar08,0,4528022.story

Here is her myspace http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=60535268 as in the exwife

More links

http://www.enquirerherald.com/365/story/564238.html

SNIPPED

Will County sheriff's department spokesman Pat Barry says after no one answered the door, the ex-wife found it unlocked and entered the house.
ADVERTISEMENT

Barry said the bodies of the pair were found in separate rooms of the house, with the 2-year-old found unharmed near his mother

:eek:

WHOA and out it all comes !!

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSob=c&GSlh=1&GRid=34445213&

Snipped

Brian Charles took Rundle's last name when he married her in 1996. They divorced in January 2004 and have two children together, a son, now 11, and a daughter who is 8.

Shocking motion

Rundle won sole custody of the children, but Brian Charles got custody in August after he entered a shocking emergency motion against his wife.

Brian Charles accused his wife of moving the children to a house in Painesdale, Mich., that had no heat, electricity or running water.

Not only that, Charles alleged, "The family is defecating in buckets of sawdust; The family uses rags instead of toilet paper; The rags have been observed lying on the floor … The children were observed sharing a bug-infested box of Rice Krispies cereal with the dog ... The home is bug-infested ... the children had not bathed in two weeks;" and one of the children was forced to beg at garage sales.

The motion succeeded in convincing a judge to send the children to live with their father, his new wife and their 2-year-old son.

OH DEAR LORD -

Detectives working the double homicide case had identified no suspects in the double homicide, said Pat Barry, the spokesman for the sheriff's department. Investigators were checking the couple's computer and cell phones to see who they have been communicating with.

Angela Charles left a few computer clues about her ex-husband's tumultuous relationship with Rundle on her Facebook page.

In a game of 25 questions about her husband and herself, Angela Charles wrote, "The current custody battle with his ex-wife" was the "situation hardest on you as a couple."

To the question, "Who has the craziest ex?" she replied, "Hahahaha, do we really need any other response ... his is by a long shot."

On her status updates, Angela Charles lashed out at times that corresponded with her ex-husband's custody ordeal.

On July 11, she wrote, that she "is missing (her stepson and stepdaughter) … why did she have to move all the way to Michigan." On Sept. 2, soon after her husband won custody, she made two updates, saying she was "going back to court on Friday morning!" and asking readers to "please say your prayers for us this morning … we are going to court!"

Ominous update

A Plainfield South High School graduate, Angela Charles recently applied to return to school. She planned to finish general education classes at Joliet Junior College and transfer to the University of St. Francis.

She was employed as a studio portrait photographer, and her husband worked with computers.

Angela Charles said she and her husband, who is from Los Angeles, have been "together" since she was 17 and began dating three months after they met.

Only hours before she was found dead, Angela Charles left an ominous Facebook status update at 11:09 p.m.

She was "frustrated," she wrote, "that the ones who 'love' us the most are the ones that manage to hurt us the most."

there is lots more at the link and it sounds to me like there are 3 children that are going to be orphans :cry:

Lovely. I got chills about the FB posts...the "25 things"....

No signs of forced entry, no witnesses, no weapons found in or around the house.
Husband was the primary target, shot several times, wife shot once, child untouched..
It had to be somebody they knew who wouldn't have to force their way into the house. Unless they were already inside the house waiting for them.
His ex wife sounds crazy. I wonder if she has any relatives or a boyfriend who would do almost anything for her..? Has it been found to be true that she had the children in Michigan in a house with no heat, running water, or electricity? If so, that's very odd. Maybe she had a psychotic break of some sort..
Since the divorce was so messy, i wonder if it would be likely Brian would have just let his ex in the house. We know she was there to pick up videos for the children 7am the next morning and find the bodies. Maybe she was confirming a hit?
Brian took his ex's last name in that marriage, sounds like she was the dominant one.

I hope Illinois doesn't botch this one up. They seems to botch most everything these days!!!

Hah. Meow...you're funny...and you're right...there's no way a guy would be taking the wife's last name completely, unless she had serious control issues...my ex-husband didn't like that I even hyphenated my name (and of course, now I'm glad I did...)

My ex-husband and I live together as roommates. He left for 6 months and moved back in 2 days before we went to court to finalize the divorce. We do not have children. We do have a better relationship now than when we were married...although the situation breaks my heart to see the person I love everyday...and not be able to "fix" things.

I can't IMAGINE 1. having a nasty custody battle with him (thank god...) and 2. If he were married to some young girl and had a baby....I would not be going to his house at 7 AM to retrieve paltry DVDs....I'd go buy them again or rent them until the kids could get them, themselves. Plus...was there really a pressing" need for a silly DVD movie?

Also, I read in one of the articles that it said the victims had been together for 6 years...when was he divorced from his ex-wife? Sounds like a "woman scorned".

The only reason I brought up my relationship with my roommate/ex-husband is that even being on as great terms as we are...and you'd have to be to live together (darn economy!!!!), I still wouldn't cross that line (at the very least, out of respect).

Her story is B.S., IMHO.

That woman who went to the house at 7 in the morning is a bad a Casey when it comes to lying. Who in the world needs DVD's that early in the morning? No way I would get out of bed that early just to go get some DVD's back from my ex. She didn't either. Her kids were no doubt still sleeping when she went over there gun in hand thinking she wouldn't be caught. Another one who didn't give her kids a second thought.

She certainly would not be needing those DVD's at 7am for the children to watch--they would have been in school all day Monday.

I agree with an earlier poster who stated that either she did it or someone she was involved with did it.

Her story sounds WAY too fishy to me.

Either the ex wife wanted the couple to be found so that the poor little one wasn't alone too long (like suddenly she great a heart??) or she thought that if she went over there to find them that she would look less like a suspect?? This woman is clearly involved somehow.

I'll be shocked if the ex wife isn't involved somehow.
Betty Broderick comes to mind...

People just dont stop to think do they

If she did do this she has sealed 3 childrens fate to be orphans

That makes me mad as hell.

Selfish Just SELFISH

Adults never think

Thanks so much for posting this - how in the world did I not hear about this?? I watch WGN every morning before work and I never heard about this. I'm shocked that the ex-wife would be so brazen and to think she can get away with this. I think she is in it up to her eyeballs and I'm hoping for a quick arrest also.

My guess is that she hired someone to do it and then thought since she didn't actually partake in the actual murder, she could go over there and "discover" the bodies.

What is this world coming to??

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy