Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: CA - Rancho Cucamonga, WhtFem 633UFCA, 15-30, In Grape Vineyard, Jun'79 - *GRAPHIC*

Hybrid View

CA - Rancho Cucamonga, WhtFem 633UFCA, 15-30, In Grape Vineyard, Jun'79 - *GRAPHIC*

Jane Doe #02-79 was found dead in a grape vinyard in Rancho Cucamonga. She was nude, and is believed to be in her mid teens to mid twenties. She stood 5'2" tall and weighed approximately 105 lbs. Her hair is light brown, approximately shoulder length. Identity may be established with fingerprints (attached), dental X-rays (see attached) and DNA (body exhumed for DNA 01/30/09). Possible comparison with "smiling photographs" (showing teeth - see attached).

*GRAPHIC PHOTOS AT NAMUS SITE*
    https://identifyus.org/?p=case&i=251...SC&from=search

From Doe Network:

* Estimated age: 15-30 years old
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2"; 105 lbs.
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown, shoulder length hair; brown eyes.
    * Clothing: Green socks; brown leather, "Lower Quarter Earth” shoes.
    * Dentals: Available. Slight overbite. 2 front, upper teeth overlap slightly.
    * Fingerprints: Available.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/633ufca.html

[Searched forum for UID with no results. Please move/delete if need be. Thanks]
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-15-2013 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Add photo warning to title

2. The Following User Says Thank You to capoly For This Useful Post:

bcf

Here's two young women missing around that time.

Paulette Susan Jasper

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._paulette.html

Kimberly Rae Doss

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...berly_rae.html

Missing in 1978:

Wanda Lee Ann Priddy

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/priddy_wanda.html

Peggy Joyce Jones Mandeville

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...lle_peggy.html

I see a real resemblance between the UID and Paulette Jaster. Look at the noses (quite slender with a bulbous tip). They eyebrows are different but Paulette seems to have changed the way she styled them in her own photos. The timeline is very good, too.

Cons with Paulette are that she was believed alive a year after her disappearance, PJ is very slightly too tall and slightly too heavy (although a loss of 10lbs after a month on the road seems about right), and Paulette appears to have very good teeth from the low resolution photos we have.

I am thinking that Wanda Priddy has a strong resemblance to the UID. Same height, weight, and age range. Same hair and eye color. Both wearing brown shoes. The close up pictures look very similar to me! But I am a newbie...so I could be missing something!

Even the dentals could be similar...both described front teeth as overlapping/turned inward.
    Last edited by brownieccs2009; 03-08-2009 at 02:15 PM. Reason: added note about dental

Quote Originally Posted by brownieccs2009 View Post
    I am thinking that Wanda Priddy has a strong resemblance to the UID. Same height, weight, and age range. Same hair and eye color. Both wearing brown shoes. The close up pictures look very similar to me! But I am a newbie...so I could be missing something!

Even the dentals could be similar...both described front teeth as overlapping/turned inward.
    [my bold]

Newbie to WS doesn't mean your a newbie to life...lol...Welcome! They do look similar. The UID's DNA is being processed, will have to check about to see if the Priddy family has theirs on file.

Vitals according to Doe Network:

# Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: January 21, 1958
    # Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
    # Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4; 90 pounds
    # Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    # Marks, Scars: She has scars on the chin, above one eye, and on top of the head.
    # Clothing: She was last seen wearing a multi-colored halter top, blue jeans, and brown shoes.
    # AKA: Wanda Lee Ann Lundin, Wanda Lee Ann Miller
    # Dentals: Two front teeth turn in towards each other.
    # DNA: Available in CODIS

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/115dftx.html

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to capoly For This Useful Post:

Another thing that I noticed on the UID is that her nose is very straight..almost has a bump to it, if you look at the side view of the post mortem photo. Makes me wish there was a side view of Priddy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to brownieccs2009 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by brownieccs2009 View Post
    Another thing that I noticed on the UID is that her nose is very straight..almost has a bump to it, if you look at the side view of the post mortem photo. Makes me wish there was a side view of Priddy.

Noticed that also...my sister has a nose similar in structure.

These searches reinforce what LE and advocates like Mark Klaas say re the importance of photos. Makes me want to take mug shots of every family member.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
    I see a real resemblance between the UID and Paulette Jaster. Look at the noses (quite slender with a bulbous tip). They eyebrows are different but Paulette seems to have changed the way she styled them in her own photos. The timeline is very good, too.

Cons with Paulette are that she was believed alive a year after her disappearance, PJ is very slightly too tall and slightly too heavy (although a loss of 10lbs after a month on the road seems about right), and Paulette appears to have very good teeth from the low resolution photos we have.
    [my bold]

That slipped right past me, Cymro! Since that belief is backed by witnesses & use of her social security number....would think it's pretty reliable.

The UID's DNA was obtained on Jan. 30, 2009 and "Samples submitted - tests not complete" per NamUs. Would anyone know how long DNA testing takes once submitted?

I'm curious how the UID died - was she murdered? I didn't see anything on either site that says how - it does call her a "victim" on DOE.

I'm noticing how small her mouth looks. Obviously, smiling it might look entirely different and in the tooth closeup it looks less small but its something very noticeable about the UID.
    -Beth In Alaska

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BethInAK For This Useful Post:

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Julessleuther For This Useful Post:

Jules, Thanks for this post...yes, it does seem like a perfectly good match. The age, weight and height are very close, and the photo is uncanny. Her teeth are pretty much match the description of our Doe as well..from the picture you can see teeth #8 and 9 do overlap and she has a slight overbite. Awesome job at pointing this out! I think this may be her!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Roxychic1982 For This Useful Post:

this one doesn't make me go "WOW" what a resemblance, but i do like the circumstances - the age is ok, the height is ok, the weight is lower but there were a couple of months in between to lose weight:
    http://charleyproject.org/cases/f/fl...er_nellie.html
    -Beth In Alaska

i like the looks of dunn - nose and mouth are similar but shes a much bigger woman:
    http://charleyproject.org/cases/d/dunn_rebecca.html
    -Beth In Alaska

if only louise davis ( http://charleyproject.org/cases/d/davis_louise.html ) hadn't disappeared three weeks AFTER the uid was found, because they look similar.
    -Beth In Alaska

UID was also posted on NCMEC. Have found no cause of death information as yet. The side view photo shows bruising to shoulder area. Very sad....

From NCMEC:

On June 7, 1979, the body of a white female was found in a grape vineyard in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. The decedent was estimated to have been in her mid teens to mid twenties, and she is believed to have died the day before she was found.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

23. The Following User Says Thank You to capoly For This Useful Post:

bcf

First: Cole

Second: Flickinger

Third: Dunn

CYNTHIA ROBIN GOODING

Can see her teeth a little better in smiling photo. Doesn't look like they overlap.
    Last edited by capoly; 03-09-2009 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Add photo

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to capoly For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the side by side Capoly--the nose and chin are almost exactly the same for Cole and UID!!
    Quote Originally Posted by capoly View Post

CYNTHIA ROBIN GOODING

Can see her teeth a little better in smiling photo. Doesn't look like they overlap.

Here is a side by side comparison of UID and Rose Cole. Christine, I know you have worked on Rose alot, she is one of the cases that just puzzles me because she just "disappeared" into thin air. Respectfully, brown and hazel could be interchangeable, my eyes were deep brown until I was about 19, and then they became very green some days, brown others--true hazel. Also, eye color cannot always be definitive after death, in the case of UID.

Rose ------------------------------------------------------------UID
    Age: 21-22 (as of 1979)---------------------------------------- 15-30
    Height: 5'3" - 5'6" (approx)--------------------------------------- 5'2"
    Eye color: hazel------------------------------------------------ brown
    Weight: 120----------------------------------------------------- 105
    (Rose could have been homeless and had lost weight--her family based her weight on when she lived with them.)
    Hair: brown----------------------------------------------------- brown
    Dentals: No------------------------------------------------------ Yes
    DNA: Avail---------------------------------------------------- Pending

Went missing in N. Cal-------------------------------------- Found S. Cal

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Julessleuther For This Useful Post:

Phew..so much to take in. Again, wow. I am still researching. Fantastic work here. This is what it is ABOUT!

Quote Originally Posted by capoly View Post

ok, I'm showing this to my husband tonite- and I see something I didn't see before - check out flickingers chin compared to the jane doe? It looks very similar.
    -Beth In Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by BethInAK View Post
    ok, I'm showing this to my husband tonite- and I see something I didn't see before - check out flickingers chin compared to the jane doe? It looks very similar.
    Agree there is facial similarities. Her family's site though states she has a fracture of some sort. Nothing noted for UID but perhaps it can be verified.
    Her family is working hard to find her. I so hope they do.

Lapeyrouse said that although she still wants to reach out to Yuma, her gut reaction is that the body in Colusa County, Calif., is her aunt. The niece pointed out that both women have screws and a plate in the right leg, plus the hair color, age and height seem to be a match.

http://betweenlifeanddeath.blogspot....from-erie.html

nice Capoly. I think I like Cole the best of the three.
    -Beth In Alaska

33. The Following User Says Thank You to BethInAK For This Useful Post:

Lets separate her than. Will see if a cut of her teeth can be enlarged.

Middle photo (black & white) is Cole. Both sides are UID. In first photo it looks like there is quite a bit of swelling around her mouth.

It's the best can do re photos, not large/clear enough to make out for me.
    Last edited by capoly; 03-09-2009 at 03:13 AM. Reason: add photo

Wow! You guys are good (and fast)!

I think she looks like Cole and Priddy. I thought Priddy first, until I saw Cole, and now I can't decide.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast