Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the side by side Capoly--the nose and chin are almost exactly the same for Cole and UID!!
    Quote Originally Posted by capoly View Post

First: Cole

Second: Flickinger

Third: Dunn

CYNTHIA ROBIN GOODING
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

Can see her teeth a little better in smiling photo. Doesn't look like they overlap.

First: Cole

Second: Flickinger

Third: Dunn

ok, I'm showing this to my husband tonite- and I see something I didn't see before - check out flickingers chin compared to the jane doe? It looks very similar.
    -Beth In Alaska

Here is a side by side comparison of UID and Rose Cole. Christine, I know you have worked on Rose alot, she is one of the cases that just puzzles me because she just "disappeared" into thin air. Respectfully, brown and hazel could be interchangeable, my eyes were deep brown until I was about 19, and then they became very green some days, brown others--true hazel. Also, eye color cannot always be definitive after death, in the case of UID.

Rose ------------------------------------------------------------UID
    Age: 21-22 (as of 1979)---------------------------------------- 15-30
    Height: 5'3" - 5'6" (approx)--------------------------------------- 5'2"
    Eye color: hazel------------------------------------------------ brown
    Weight: 120----------------------------------------------------- 105
    (Rose could have been homeless and had lost weight--her family based her weight on when she lived with them.)
    Hair: brown----------------------------------------------------- brown
    Dentals: No------------------------------------------------------ Yes
    DNA: Avail---------------------------------------------------- Pending

Went missing in N. Cal-------------------------------------- Found S. Cal

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Julessleuther For This Useful Post:

Phew..so much to take in. Again, wow. I am still researching. Fantastic work here. This is what it is ABOUT!

hmmmmm

Here are additional photos of Rose Cole:
    http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-6INKm...uDruGwQ--?cq=1

Looking at the side photo of UID, she really does have a prominent nose.

Thanks, Julesleuther!

OT Automatic updates

Quote Originally Posted by BethInAK View Post
    ok, I'm showing this to my husband tonite- and I see something I didn't see before - check out flickingers chin compared to the jane doe? It looks very similar.
    Agree there is facial similarities. Her family's site though states she has a fracture of some sort. Nothing noted for UID but perhaps it can be verified.
    Her family is working hard to find her. I so hope they do.

Lapeyrouse said that although she still wants to reach out to Yuma, her gut reaction is that the body in Colusa County, Calif., is her aunt. The niece pointed out that both women have screws and a plate in the right leg, plus the hair color, age and height seem to be a match.

http://betweenlifeanddeath.blogspot....from-erie.html

Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    Here are additional photos of Rose Cole:
    http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-6INKm...uDruGwQ--?cq=1

Looking at the side photo of UID, she really does have a prominent nose.

Julessleuther,
    The site you found says there are dental records for Rose Cole. That's good.

"Entry for May 16, 2006 Dental Records
    Dental records were compared against Jane Doe in Marin County. This were not a match. . ."

Doesn't look like this Jane Doe will be a match if based on Rose Cole's teeth in this photo.
    Was thinking the same thing as you re side view of Rose's nose.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to capoly For This Useful Post:

Although their chins look similar as has been pointed out, I doubt Jane Doe is Nellie Flickinger. Like Nellie, my dad was also in a motorcycle accident in the Sixties and had his leg rebuilt with metal components. His scar is quite prominent and resembles a railroad track. Maybe the same work done today would leave less scarring, but I can't see how those scars could be missed if Jane Doe had them, not to mention the metal screws and plates would be found during an x-ray.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tatertot For This Useful Post:

Julessleuther,
    The site you found says there are dental records for Rose Cole. That's good.

"Entry for May 16, 2006 Dental Records
    Dental records were compared against Jane Doe in Marin County. This were not a match. . ."

Doesn't look like this Jane Doe will be a match if based on Rose Cole's teeth in this photo.
    Was thinking the same thing as you re side view of Rose's nose.

We do not believe that we have Rose's dentals....this is from Yannette...

She visited the Moss Dental Clinic in Flint MI. I obtained dental records to be compared with Jane Doe in CA. These were not a match. However, her stepmother (Opal) and step sisters (Brenda & Norma) are certain that the dental records were switch at one point. They think the records I obtained are Norma’s since Rose had no dental work done. The dental work show in the records matches Norma’s dental work.

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    We do not believe that we have Rose's dentals....this is from Yannette...
    Okay, thanks, Christine. Am not sure though if you are just clarifying Rose's dental status for future reference (which would alone make sense) or if you are also seeing a possibility re match?

Easy to see why one would become endeared to Rose. A cherub face with smiling eyes.....if we could only turn back time.

ETA Re Rose...was the Jane Doe in Marin County rechecked & ruled out by DNA? Just curious.

I think the UID should be submitted as a possible match for Rose. In looking at the blowup of Rose that capoly did showing Rose's smile, I can see a "slight overlap" in the two front teeth. It is very slight but I see it. Could be the glare of the light, but I don't think so. Also, taking my little pointer and tracing the cheekbones and the smile dimples on both pictures shows that the UID's cheeks are very similar to Rose's in the cheekbone area and the flat part under the cheekbones. Lips appear to have a similar amount of fullness. Neither really full nor thin - somewhere in between.

I think it is a definite possibility.

Salem

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

I agree Salem, and also regarding the teeth...if this could possibly be Rose, she was missing for several years by this point, and something could have happened to crack her front teeth, as she was probably living on the street. As much as this looks like Rose, I really won't want it to be her, I guess I live in this fantasy world that she is alive and well, but for whatever reasons did not want to contact her family....sigh.... I feel the cheekbones and nose are right on with Roses'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    I think the UID should be submitted as a possible match for Rose. In looking at the blowup of Rose that capoly did showing Rose's smile, I can see a "slight overlap" in the two front teeth. It is very slight but I see it. Could be the glare of the light, but I don't think so. Also, taking my little pointer and tracing the cheekbones and the smile dimples on both pictures shows that the UID's cheeks are very similar to Rose's in the cheekbone area and the flat part under the cheekbones. Lips appear to have a similar amount of fullness. Neither really full nor thin - somewhere in between.

I think it is a definite possibility.

Salem

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julessleuther For This Useful Post:

Very good question. If the dentals that Marin county used were not Rose', did they do further tests to outrule Marin UID?

Okay, thanks, Christine. Am not sure though if you are just clarifying Rose's dental status for future reference (which would alone make sense) or if you are also seeing a possibility re match?

Easy to see why one would become endeared to Rose. A cherub face with smiling eyes.....if we could only turn back time.

ETA Re Rose...was the Jane Doe in Marin County rechecked & ruled out by DNA? Just curious.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast