Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CA - Rancho Cucamonga, WhtFem 633UFCA, 15-30, In Grape Vineyard, Jun'79 - *GRAPHIC*

Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    Ms. Tokier's NamUs profile was uploaded a few days ago. Her investigator is in San Bernadino County (it's Mr. Van Norman's assistant), so I'm sure he's on it.

I do wish I could update the rule out list, as I do have a partial list of rule outs- but I can't right now- because of a confidentiality clause which I would never break. Please try to be patient, waiting is the longest, hardest part.

But keep Ms. Tokier in mind as we roll through cyberspace!!

Snuf
    Last edited by Snufamonbobball; 02-18-2010 at 11:16 PM.
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snufamonbobball For This Useful Post:

All the photos with side by sides are great matches. I tried to pick one that wasnt such a good match to help narrow it but they all looked right...even the eyebrow area. I didnt read the stats, i just did a visual.

additional possibility: Elaine Marie Robertson

A difference in height, but she looks very similar, her front teeth cross and she is from Cali...

The Doe Network:
    Case File 2888DFWA

Elaine Marie Robertson
    Missing since May 27, 1979 from Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington
    Classification: Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 130 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes.
    Dentals: Not available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Elaine Robertson lived in San Louis Obispo, California; but in May 1979 (over the Memorial Day weekend)she was vacationing at Mt. Rainer, WA. Elaine Robertson, with her dog, wandered into the Sunshine Point camp ground on a rainy evening, she was not coherent. The next morning Elaine and the dog were gone, though she left all her belongs at the camp site.

Pierce County investigated and an extensive search was done. Elaine's van was located within a mile of the camp site; though, Elaine or the dog has never been found or heard from.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rancho Cucamonga Vineyard Jane Doe

I dont have anything specific relating to this victim but I can say that there is a TA Truckstop very close to the grape vineyard in Rancho Cucamonga. I think this girl may have come from another area or traveled to Ca with a trucker. Just a thought as I dont have any facts.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheMentalist For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Bumping-does anyone know if the possible match to Rose Cole was ever ruled out? Rose has a big following here and is the pet case of my mentor here at WS...
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I took a close look over all of the possibles mentioned on this thread. My money is on Wanda Priddy.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/priddy_wanda.html

Side by Side - WARNING: Postmortem photo at link:

I would have thought they could have confirmed or ruled her out already, but maybe they are having trouble getting identifiers on Wanda. The comparisons are a little difficult because of the awkward angle from which RCJD's photo was taken. But nevertheless, I see the following similarities:

(1) The Charley profile indicates that Wanda's "upper teeth turn inwards toward each other." Below is a photo of RCJD's teeth, which I found on a different thread. I'm not sure where the poster got the photo from, but it does appear to be RCJD's teeth. The description of Wanda's teeth appears to be consistent to RCJD's teeth.

(2) Their noses are prominent, narrow at the nostrils (alae), and bulbous. All other structural elements of their faces appear to be consistent to each other (although precise comparison is difficult due to the difference in camera angles).

(3) Their eyebrows (both right and left) have very similar size and shapes (See Graphic Below)

(4) Wanda's Charley page indicates that she has scars on her chin, above one of her eyes and on the top of her head. The scar on her chin appears to be a vertical scar to the right of center. RCJD appears to have a similar scar. I am unable to see the other scars described in Wanda's Charley page.

(5) Both appear to have what appears to be a burn scar on their left cheek (See Below). RCJD also has significant bruising in the same area, but this bruising appears to be different from the discoloration.

(6) Wanda was last seen wearing brown shoes. RCJD was wearing brown "quarter earth shoes".

(7) There is a 2" difference in their heights, but that is not outside reasonable tolerances.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-08-2012 at 02:32 AM.

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

TY Carl-fwiw, I cc'd you on an email to LAPD cold case squad...Van Norman is looking for info that would compare this case against victims of Bittaker and Norris as you suggested. Kudos for being up on them-Van Norman thinks it is possible.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

11. The Following User Says Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Are there dentals for Wanda, Carl? VanNorman would love that...fast rule in/out.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Fortunately, Wanda is from Texas. TX DPS is a very efficient operation, and we should have no trouble finding out what they do and don't have on her.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

I just spoke with Alice Buchanan of TX DPS regarding Wanda Priddy. She says that all that they have on Wanda is DNA. No Dentals, No Fingerprints.

Also, she has no indication on her side that Wanda has ever been compared to RCJD. She does have a notation that she was ruled out as a possible for a UID found in a cave in Las Vegas.

ETA:
    Here is the case for which she was ruled-out.
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/362ufnv.html
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 06-28-2010 at 06:41 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

I made a call to David VanNorman. His voice mail message indicates that today is his day-off. I did not leave him a message. Instead, I sent him an e-mail.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 06-28-2010 at 04:17 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

Van Norman responded to my e-mail. He says that in March 09, he "tentatively" ruled out Wanda Priddy using dental charts based on "irreconcilable inconsistencies in dental characteristics" of teeth 4 and 5.

He indicated however, that "there is always a possibility that dental characteristics were mis-charted.", and when Jane Doe's DNA profile is uploaded to CODIS, there will be a second opportunity to match or rule-out these cases.

I wonder he was able to get dental charts on W Priddy when TX DPS, who is in charge of her MP case, can't find them in her case file. Not that it's a big deal. I have had pretty good experience with them in the past.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

BTW, this appears to be why he won't publicize a rule-out list (as Snufamonboball has indicated). He doesn't consider a rule-out based on dental charts to be a positive rule-out because "there is always a possibility that dental characteristics were mis-charted."

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

Jules, Thanks for this post...yes, it does seem like a perfectly good match. The age, weight and height are very close, and the photo is uncanny. Her teeth are pretty much match the description of our Doe as well..from the picture you can see teeth #8 and 9 do overlap and she has a slight overbite. Awesome job at pointing this out! I think this may be her!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Roxychic1982 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I took a close look over all of the possibles mentioned on this thread. My money is on Wanda Priddy.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/priddy_wanda.html

Side by Side - WARNING: Postmortem photo at link:

I would have thought they could have confirmed or ruled her out already, but maybe they are having trouble getting identifiers on Wanda. The comparisons are a little difficult because of the awkward angle from which RCJD's photo was taken. But nevertheless, I see the following similarities:

(1) The Charley profile indicates that Wanda's "upper teeth turn inwards toward each other." Below is a photo of RCJD's teeth, which I found on a different thread. I'm not sure where the poster got the photo from, but it does appear to be RCJD's teeth. The description of Wanda's teeth appears to be consistent to RCJD's teeth.

(2) Their noses are prominent, narrow at the nostrils (alae), and bulbous. All other structural elements of their faces appear to be consistent to each other (although precise comparison is difficult due to the difference in camera angles).

(3) Their eyebrows (both right and left) have very similar size and shapes (See Graphic Below)

(4) Wanda's Charley page indicates that she has scars on her chin, above one of her eyes and on the top of her head. The scar on her chin appears to be a vertical scar to the right of center. RCJD appears to have a similar scar. I am unable to see the other scars described in Wanda's Charley page.

(5) Both appear to have what appears to be a burn scar on their left cheek (See Below). RCJD also has significant bruising in the same area, but this bruising appears to be different from the discoloration.

(6) Wanda was last seen wearing brown shoes. RCJD was wearing brown "quarter earth shoes".

(7) There is a 2" difference in their heights, but that is not outside reasonable tolerances.
    Very good points Carl, but Im concerned with the the dentals. #8 and 9 were noted as inverted inward towards each other with a slight overlap and overbite. I dont see this on the model of our doe. Your picture comparisons are very good however. Thanks for your post! I still have "my money" on Rose Cole. Dental comparisons are going to be very hard to pass by this Certified Dental Assistant..lol
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-08-2012 at 02:34 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Roxychic1982 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I don't think that this Jane Doe is Paulette. Their noses are nothing alike, especially when you look at the morgue photo of Jane Doe in the profile.

Jane Doe (especially when shown in the profile) has a long straight nose. The straight-on photo and the sketches make her nose appear shorter because the camera angle is from under her nose. Paulette has a bulbous round nose with unusually short height, and the camera angle is from the same height. If you only looked at the sketch of Jane Doe, and not the profile morgue photo, you wouldn't see how long and straight Jane Doe's nose is.

Secondly, the distance between Paulette's nose and her upper lip is much longer than that of Jane Doe.

Also, Paulette's cheekbones are slightly higher and more defined than Jane Doe's.

But I could be wrong. Morgue photos can be deceptive. If it hasn't been submitted, we should submit it nevertheless. They do look enough alike, especially in the front teeth.

I just now saw the morgue photos and I was amazed by how different it looks from the sketch. I also have a nose that looks long and straight if photographed from the side but appears shorter if photographed with me looking straight at the camera also due to my nose being wide on top. For that reason I avoid side photos at all cost. Also noticed what looks to be like a dimple located above her top lip in the middle. I also have this and it is a distinguishing characteristic. Even our hair colors looked eerily similiar, although I have seen it described as light brown, looks dark auburn/darker brown to me. Out of all respect I don't think it looks like Paulette. After seeing the morgue photo I feel less strongly about the other names that have been suggested as well. Really hoping this case gets solved.

Deborah A. McCall - 16 - Nov 5 1979 - Illinois

Deborah A. McCall
    Missing since November 5, 1979 from Downers Grove, DuPage County, Illinois
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: March 30, 1963
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 105 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Long brown hair; gray eyes. Freckles. Wears contacts.
    Clothing: Beige hooded jacket with zipper, sweater, blue jeans, and light brown suede shoes.
    Jewelry: Yellow gold necklace.
    Dentals: Available
    DNA: Available
    AKA: Debbie

Deborah left school on November 5, 1979 and has not been seen since.

Links;
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...l_deborah.html
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2975dfil.html
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Deeds For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Deborah A. McCall
    Missing since November 5, 1979 from Downers Grove, DuPage County, Illinois
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: March 30, 1963
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 105 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Long brown hair; gray eyes. Freckles. Wears contacts.
    Clothing: Beige hooded jacket with zipper, sweater, blue jeans, and light brown suede shoes.
    Jewelry: Yellow gold necklace.
    Dentals: Available
    DNA: Available
    AKA: Debbie

Deborah left school on November 5, 1979 and has not been seen since.

Links;
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...l_deborah.html
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2975dfil.html
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    I thought she looked like a good candidate but think the UID was found June 7, 1979 and Deborah disappeared November 5, 1979.

LINK:
    https://identifyus.org/cases/2512
    The best advice I give to my children: Tell the truth - whether you like it or not.

How about Pamela Harvey Rosseau from Ontario?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2041dfon.html

She disappeared in December of 78 but perhaps she hitchhiked to someplace warmer like CA for the winter???

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to traacker13 For This Useful Post:

RCJD has a much more prominent nose.

I am a newbie to WS, but I have to say..this is the one case that's been haunting me since my early teens. I'll search around for more possible matches.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ashyboy16 For This Useful Post:

DNA with namus can take three months or less depends on how quickly they get the results and if they have a back log you wait . I had to wait for the DNA for the Oregon remains about three months to see if they matched my missing Sister Madeline Anna Babcock . It didn;t match Madeline . I would say Three months top . One medical examiner told me it could take 6 months or more depends on the folks doing the testing. If That will help any Good Luck . Pat

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Just Pat 22 For This Useful Post:

Kimster is offline WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison
    Quote Originally Posted by ashyboy16 View Post
    I am a newbie to WS, but I have to say..this is the one case that's been haunting me since my early teens. I'll search around for more possible matches.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Kimster is offline WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Pat 22 View Post
    DNA with namus can take three months or less depends on how quickly they get the results and if they have a back log you wait . I had to wait for the DNA for the Oregon remains about three months to see if they matched my missing Sister Madeline Anna Babcock . It didn;t match Madeline . I would say Three months top . One medical examiner told me it could take 6 months or more depends on the folks doing the testing. If That will help any Good Luck . Pat
    Thank you for the information, Pat! It's good to see you again!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

NamUs has quite a few rule outs (45 actually 43 with Vicke Lamberton and Elaine Robertson both listed twice). Rose Cole and Wanda Priddy are both also on the list.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2512

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ambercat For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast