Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 134

Thread: CA - Rancho Cucamonga, WhtFem 633UFCA, 15-30, In Grape Vineyard, Jun'79 - *GRAPHIC*

  1. #101
    Snufamonbobball's Avatar
    Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In the cat's condo
    Posts
    796
    Ms. Tokier's NamUs profile was uploaded a few days ago. Her investigator is in San Bernadino County (it's Mr. Van Norman's assistant), so I'm sure he's on it.

    I do wish I could update the rule out list, as I do have a partial list of rule outs- but I can't right now- because of a confidentiality clause which I would never break. Please try to be patient, waiting is the longest, hardest part.

    But keep Ms. Tokier in mind as we roll through cyberspace!!

    Snuf
    Last edited by Snufamonbobball; 02-18-2010 at 11:16 PM.
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snufamonbobball For This Useful Post:


  3. #102
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North San Diego County, CA
    Posts
    237
    All the photos with side by sides are great matches. I tried to pick one that wasnt such a good match to help narrow it but they all looked right...even the eyebrow area. I didnt read the stats, i just did a visual.

  4. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    224

    additional possibility: Elaine Marie Robertson

    A difference in height, but she looks very similar, her front teeth cross and she is from Cali...

    The Doe Network:
    Case File 2888DFWA


    Elaine Marie Robertson
    Missing since May 27, 1979 from Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington
    Classification: Missing



    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Vital Statistics

    Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 130 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes.
    Dentals: Not available.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Elaine Robertson lived in San Louis Obispo, California; but in May 1979 (over the Memorial Day weekend)she was vacationing at Mt. Rainer, WA. Elaine Robertson, with her dog, wandered into the Sunshine Point camp ground on a rainy evening, she was not coherent. The next morning Elaine and the dog were gone, though she left all her belongs at the camp site.

    Pierce County investigated and an extensive search was done. Elaine's van was located within a mile of the camp site; though, Elaine or the dog has never been found or heard from.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #104
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    195

    Rancho Cucamonga Vineyard Jane Doe

    I dont have anything specific relating to this victim but I can say that there is a TA Truckstop very close to the grape vineyard in Rancho Cucamonga. I think this girl may have come from another area or traveled to Ca with a trucker. Just a thought as I dont have any facts.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheMentalist For This Useful Post:


  7. #105
    believe09's Avatar
    believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    26,177
    Bumping-does anyone know if the possible match to Rose Cole was ever ruled out? Rose has a big following here and is the pet case of my mentor here at WS...
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  8. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    6,310
    I took a close look over all of the possibles mentioned on this thread. My money is on Wanda Priddy.

    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/priddy_wanda.html

    Side by Side - WARNING: Postmortem photo at link:


    I would have thought they could have confirmed or ruled her out already, but maybe they are having trouble getting identifiers on Wanda. The comparisons are a little difficult because of the awkward angle from which RCJD's photo was taken. But nevertheless, I see the following similarities:

    (1) The Charley profile indicates that Wanda's "upper teeth turn inwards toward each other." Below is a photo of RCJD's teeth, which I found on a different thread. I'm not sure where the poster got the photo from, but it does appear to be RCJD's teeth. The description of Wanda's teeth appears to be consistent to RCJD's teeth.



    (2) Their noses are prominent, narrow at the nostrils (alae), and bulbous. All other structural elements of their faces appear to be consistent to each other (although precise comparison is difficult due to the difference in camera angles).

    (3) Their eyebrows (both right and left) have very similar size and shapes (See Graphic Below)

    (4) Wanda's Charley page indicates that she has scars on her chin, above one of her eyes and on the top of her head. The scar on her chin appears to be a vertical scar to the right of center. RCJD appears to have a similar scar. I am unable to see the other scars described in Wanda's Charley page.

    (5) Both appear to have what appears to be a burn scar on their left cheek (See Below). RCJD also has significant bruising in the same area, but this bruising appears to be different from the discoloration.



    (6) Wanda was last seen wearing brown shoes. RCJD was wearing brown "quarter earth shoes".

    (7) There is a 2" difference in their heights, but that is not outside reasonable tolerances.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-08-2012 at 02:32 AM.

  9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:


  10. #107
    believe09's Avatar
    believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    26,177
    TY Carl-fwiw, I cc'd you on an email to LAPD cold case squad...Van Norman is looking for info that would compare this case against victims of Bittaker and Norris as you suggested. Kudos for being up on them-Van Norman thinks it is possible.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:


  12. #108
    believe09's Avatar
    believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    26,177
    Are there dentals for Wanda, Carl? VanNorman would love that...fast rule in/out.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  13. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    6,310
    Fortunately, Wanda is from Texas. TX DPS is a very efficient operation, and we should have no trouble finding out what they do and don't have on her.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:


  15. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    6,310
    I just spoke with Alice Buchanan of TX DPS regarding Wanda Priddy. She says that all that they have on Wanda is DNA. No Dentals, No Fingerprints.

    Also, she has no indication on her side that Wanda has ever been compared to RCJD. She does have a notation that she was ruled out as a possible for a UID found in a cave in Las Vegas.

    ETA:
    Here is the case for which she was ruled-out.
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/362ufnv.html
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 06-28-2010 at 06:41 PM.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:


  17. #111
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    6,310
    I made a call to David VanNorman. His voice mail message indicates that today is his day-off. I did not leave him a message. Instead, I sent him an e-mail.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 06-28-2010 at 04:17 PM.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:


  19. #112
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    6,310
    Van Norman responded to my e-mail. He says that in March 09, he "tentatively" ruled out Wanda Priddy using dental charts based on "irreconcilable inconsistencies in dental characteristics" of teeth 4 and 5.

    He indicated however, that "there is always a possibility that dental characteristics were mis-charted.", and when Jane Doe's DNA profile is uploaded to CODIS, there will be a second opportunity to match or rule-out these cases.

    I wonder he was able to get dental charts on W Priddy when TX DPS, who is in charge of her MP case, can't find them in her case file. Not that it's a big deal. I have had pretty good experience with them in the past.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:


  21. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    6,310
    BTW, this appears to be why he won't publicize a rule-out list (as Snufamonboball has indicated). He doesn't consider a rule-out based on dental charts to be a positive rule-out because "there is always a possibility that dental characteristics were mis-charted."

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:


  23. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    9
    Jules, Thanks for this post...yes, it does seem like a perfectly good match. The age, weight and height are very close, and the photo is uncanny. Her teeth are pretty much match the description of our Doe as well..from the picture you can see teeth #8 and 9 do overlap and she has a slight overbite. Awesome job at pointing this out! I think this may be her!

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Roxychic1982 For This Useful Post:


  25. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I took a close look over all of the possibles mentioned on this thread. My money is on Wanda Priddy.

    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/priddy_wanda.html

    Side by Side - WARNING: Postmortem photo at link:


    I would have thought they could have confirmed or ruled her out already, but maybe they are having trouble getting identifiers on Wanda. The comparisons are a little difficult because of the awkward angle from which RCJD's photo was taken. But nevertheless, I see the following similarities:

    (1) The Charley profile indicates that Wanda's "upper teeth turn inwards toward each other." Below is a photo of RCJD's teeth, which I found on a different thread. I'm not sure where the poster got the photo from, but it does appear to be RCJD's teeth. The description of Wanda's teeth appears to be consistent to RCJD's teeth.



    (2) Their noses are prominent, narrow at the nostrils (alae), and bulbous. All other structural elements of their faces appear to be consistent to each other (although precise comparison is difficult due to the difference in camera angles).

    (3) Their eyebrows (both right and left) have very similar size and shapes (See Graphic Below)

    (4) Wanda's Charley page indicates that she has scars on her chin, above one of her eyes and on the top of her head. The scar on her chin appears to be a vertical scar to the right of center. RCJD appears to have a similar scar. I am unable to see the other scars described in Wanda's Charley page.

    (5) Both appear to have what appears to be a burn scar on their left cheek (See Below). RCJD also has significant bruising in the same area, but this bruising appears to be different from the discoloration.



    (6) Wanda was last seen wearing brown shoes. RCJD was wearing brown "quarter earth shoes".

    (7) There is a 2" difference in their heights, but that is not outside reasonable tolerances.
    Very good points Carl, but Im concerned with the the dentals. #8 and 9 were noted as inverted inward towards each other with a slight overlap and overbite. I dont see this on the model of our doe. Your picture comparisons are very good however. Thanks for your post! I still have "my money" on Rose Cole. Dental comparisons are going to be very hard to pass by this Certified Dental Assistant..lol
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-08-2012 at 02:34 AM.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Roxychic1982 For This Useful Post:


  27. #116
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I don't think that this Jane Doe is Paulette. Their noses are nothing alike, especially when you look at the morgue photo of Jane Doe in the profile.

    Jane Doe (especially when shown in the profile) has a long straight nose. The straight-on photo and the sketches make her nose appear shorter because the camera angle is from under her nose. Paulette has a bulbous round nose with unusually short height, and the camera angle is from the same height. If you only looked at the sketch of Jane Doe, and not the profile morgue photo, you wouldn't see how long and straight Jane Doe's nose is.

    Secondly, the distance between Paulette's nose and her upper lip is much longer than that of Jane Doe.

    Also, Paulette's cheekbones are slightly higher and more defined than Jane Doe's.

    But I could be wrong. Morgue photos can be deceptive. If it hasn't been submitted, we should submit it nevertheless. They do look enough alike, especially in the front teeth.

    I just now saw the morgue photos and I was amazed by how different it looks from the sketch. I also have a nose that looks long and straight if photographed from the side but appears shorter if photographed with me looking straight at the camera also due to my nose being wide on top. For that reason I avoid side photos at all cost. Also noticed what looks to be like a dimple located above her top lip in the middle. I also have this and it is a distinguishing characteristic. Even our hair colors looked eerily similiar, although I have seen it described as light brown, looks dark auburn/darker brown to me. Out of all respect I don't think it looks like Paulette. After seeing the morgue photo I feel less strongly about the other names that have been suggested as well. Really hoping this case gets solved.

  28. #117
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    202

    Deborah A. McCall - 16 - Nov 5 1979 - Illinois

    Deborah A. McCall
    Missing since November 5, 1979 from Downers Grove, DuPage County, Illinois
    Classification: Endangered Missing

    Vital Statistics

    Date Of Birth: March 30, 1963
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 105 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Long brown hair; gray eyes. Freckles. Wears contacts.
    Clothing: Beige hooded jacket with zipper, sweater, blue jeans, and light brown suede shoes.
    Jewelry: Yellow gold necklace.
    Dentals: Available
    DNA: Available
    AKA: Debbie

    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Deborah left school on November 5, 1979 and has not been seen since.

    Links;
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...l_deborah.html
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2975dfil.html
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Attached Images Attached Images

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Deeds For This Useful Post:


  30. #118
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The beautiful Pacific NW!!
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Deborah A. McCall
    Missing since November 5, 1979 from Downers Grove, DuPage County, Illinois
    Classification: Endangered Missing

    Vital Statistics

    Date Of Birth: March 30, 1963
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 105 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Long brown hair; gray eyes. Freckles. Wears contacts.
    Clothing: Beige hooded jacket with zipper, sweater, blue jeans, and light brown suede shoes.
    Jewelry: Yellow gold necklace.
    Dentals: Available
    DNA: Available
    AKA: Debbie

    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Deborah left school on November 5, 1979 and has not been seen since.

    Links;
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...l_deborah.html
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2975dfil.html
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    I thought she looked like a good candidate but think the UID was found June 7, 1979 and Deborah disappeared November 5, 1979.

    LINK:
    https://identifyus.org/cases/2512
    The best advice I give to my children: Tell the truth - whether you like it or not.

  31. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    361
    How about Pamela Harvey Rosseau from Ontario?

    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2041dfon.html

    She disappeared in December of 78 but perhaps she hitchhiked to someplace warmer like CA for the winter???
    Attached Images Attached Images

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to traacker13 For This Useful Post:


  33. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    6,310
    RCJD has a much more prominent nose.

  34. #121
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    90
    I am a newbie to WS, but I have to say..this is the one case that's been haunting me since my early teens. I'll search around for more possible matches.

  35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ashyboy16 For This Useful Post:


  36. #122
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Where Sea breeze and Palm Trees sway
    Posts
    301
    DNA with namus can take three months or less depends on how quickly they get the results and if they have a back log you wait . I had to wait for the DNA for the Oregon remains about three months to see if they matched my missing Sister Madeline Anna Babcock . It didn;t match Madeline . I would say Three months top . One medical examiner told me it could take 6 months or more depends on the folks doing the testing. If That will help any Good Luck . Pat

  37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Just Pat 22 For This Useful Post:


  38. #123
    Kimster's Avatar
    Kimster is offline WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Google Earth
    Posts
    34,770
    Quote Originally Posted by ashyboy16 View Post
    I am a newbie to WS, but I have to say..this is the one case that's been haunting me since my early teens. I'll search around for more possible matches.

    ************************************************

    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws


    In memory of Ron Pruitt

  39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:


  40. #124
    Kimster's Avatar
    Kimster is offline WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Google Earth
    Posts
    34,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Pat 22 View Post
    DNA with namus can take three months or less depends on how quickly they get the results and if they have a back log you wait . I had to wait for the DNA for the Oregon remains about three months to see if they matched my missing Sister Madeline Anna Babcock . It didn;t match Madeline . I would say Three months top . One medical examiner told me it could take 6 months or more depends on the folks doing the testing. If That will help any Good Luck . Pat
    Thank you for the information, Pat! It's good to see you again!
    ************************************************

    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws


    In memory of Ron Pruitt

  41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:


  42. #125
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,195
    NamUs has quite a few rule outs (45 actually 43 with Vicke Lamberton and Elaine Robertson both listed twice). Rose Cole and Wanda Priddy are both also on the list.

    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2512

  43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ambercat For This Useful Post:


Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 569
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 07:02 PM
  2. Photos of the Couple - *WARNING: Graphic Images*
    By christine2448 in forum Mystery couple murdered South Carolina 1976
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: 04-28-2014, 09:23 AM
  3. Replies: 160
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 08:52 PM
  4. Crime Scene Photos #3 ***WARNING - GRAPHIC DISCUSSION***
    By JBean in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 1035
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 06:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •