GUILTY CA - Denise Figueroa, 22, found murdered, Los Angeles, 28 Feb 2009

Truthful Lies

Reaction score
http://www.ktla.com/landing_topstor...nd-Womans-Body-i=1&blockID=233289&feedID=1198

"LOS ANGELES -- A woman's body was found Saturday in the trunk of a car in Valley Village after police followed up on a tip faxed to KTLA.

KTLA received a fax early Saturday indicating that a homicide was committed Feb. 28 in the area and detailing where the body could be found. The fax said the body was in a black trash bag in the car.

When officers got to the area, they found the body of a female in her 20s in the trunk of Nissan Altima, Harding said. The vehicle was registered to the woman, according to police.

The victim's name was included in the fax, but it and the cause of death were not being released by police.

Saturday evening, the family of 22-year-old Denise Figueroa came forward, saying that the body was hers. Police have not confirmed this detail."

If anyone can look up myspace/facebook accounts before they are made private (if they are not), I would greatly appreciate it...I can't access those sites at work =(

Very sad. There seems to be an IMDB for a Denise Figueroa, but this wouldn't be the correct one...she is 26...this Denise had to have been born in 86/87

Sorry, I don't know how to access myspace or facebook, I'm a dork, I know. My kids belong to both, but me, I'm just a mom.

I have a daughter this age, 22, I can't imagine how I'd feel if anything like this happened to her.

Looks like they may not have any problem solving the crime.

Anyway, I heard about this last night on the local news. Here's an update:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Police-Investigate-a-Murder-Mystery-in-Valley-Village.html

Police Investigate Murder Mystery in Valley Village

..................snip...............

The body of 22-year-old Denise Figueroa of North Hills was found in the trunk of a black Nissan Altima in the 11700 block of Hortense Street, coroner's Lt. Cheryl MacWillie said.

............snip....................

According to broadcast reports, Chapel, a man, is in a Los Angeles jail.

....................snip..................

A man who identified himself as Figueroa's uncle arrived at the scene Saturday and said police were unhelpful when told about the woman's disappearance on Monday. The man said he spoke to someone believed to be the last person to see Figueroa alive, and that person told him he was sorry he had hurt Figueroa.

Glad to hear someone was arrested...although this is a strange case...thanks, Fran!!!

I read this early this morning. At least they have her body and family not need wonder where she is anymore.

I read that a man the family was concerned about is in jail for unrelated issues. The fax is very interesting, but even if LE never finds out where it came from, someone helped bring this young woman *home*. I can't help, but wonder if this will result in another abuse death....

Maybe her uncle sent the fax? He said that police weren't very helpful when told of her disappearance..

I would be very weirded out if her uncle was the one who faxed...giving the location of the body and naming suspects....that would imply direct involvement or knowledge...but perhaps the person he spoke with told him? Why wouldn't he have called? At least faxes are easily traced...it prob. even had the "name" of who the fax belongs to on the top of the paper...

I don't believe the uncle was involved. The guy who murdered her, had told his father that he had done something horrible he regretted, and the guys father contacted her family, telling them what his son had said. From my understanding, also the fax did include both names of the people supposbly involved in her death. She also leaves behind a child whom she loved very much and her mother knew something was wrong when she didn't return home to her baby. She was a beautiful girl may she rip.

I don't believe the uncle was involved. The guy who murdered her, had told his father that he had done something horrible he regretted, and the guys father contacted her family, telling them what his son had said. From my understanding, also the fax did include both names of the people supposbly involved in her death. She also leaves behind a child whom she loved very much and her mother knew something was wrong when she didn't return home to her baby. She was a beautiful girl may she rip.

I just re-read the article to make sure I understood....is there another link that goes against what the first is saying?

I understood it as her uncle spoke with someone that said he hurt Denise and that he was sorry. The fax was completely separate, did name suspects, but did not include a "sender" name.

Do you know the family? Or is there an updated link I missed =(

She was absolutely beautiful. My prayers to her family and daughter.

I just re-read the article to make sure I understood....is there another link that goes against what the first is saying?

I understood it as her uncle spoke with someone that said he hurt Denise and that he was sorry. The fax was completely separate, did name suspects, but did not include a "sender" name.

Do you know the family? Or is there an updated link I missed =(

She was absolutely beautiful. My prayers to her family and daughter.

Hi I always go and reseach news storys that interest me, to get a better understanding of what happened. I had found this on google This video is very sad, her poor family. It is where I obtained my information I don't know the family. Also I came across another article that listed the suspects names but I can't find it now, the sender was private no name was given on the fax. http://video.aol.com/video-detail/g...figueroas-murder/2206027726/?icid=VIDLRVNWS07

http://www.ktla.com/landing_mostint...k-Was-Murdered-W=1&blockID=233289&feedID=1080

VALLEY VILLAGE -- A 24-year-old man has been arraigned on murder charges in the death of his girlfriend 22-year-old Denise Figueroa.

Figueroa was bludgeoned to death with a hammer, District Attorney's Office spokeswoman Jane Robison said.

An anonymous fax sent to KTLA's newsroom included the names of two possible suspects -- Christopher Bullock and Adele Chapel.

Chapel, of Santa Monica, was arrested Monday in Figueroa's murder.

He's charged with one count of murder, with a special allegation that he personally used a deadly weapon, Robison said.

more at link

From December 2010:

http://www.sbsun.com/general-news/20101203/sm-man-gets-56-years-for-beating-woman-to-death

A Santa Monica man was sentenced Thursday to 56 years to life in prison for beating a female friend to death with a hammer.

Adel Tabrizi Chapel, 25, was convicted Nov. 15 of first-degree murder for the Feb. 28, 2009, beating death of Denise Figueroa, 22, of North Hills...

Although the two knew each other, it was unclear whether they had a romantic relationship, and a motive for the slaying has never been revealed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back