Problem with LE request on IP activity associated with Photobucket

Valhall

Reaction score
I hope LE have realized they messed up on their request for IP subscriber information associated with specific activity on KC's photobucket account. The request to BHN (Bright House Networks) was for the following IP/activity time information:

6/9/08 7:14 am CT
6/16/08 9:27 am CT
6/17/08 8:14 pm CT
7/14/08 12:47 pm CT
6/16/08 10:04 pm CT

Okay, the bottom two:
do not appear to be linked to KC's photobucket activity because I cannot find those date times on file uploads in the file index provided here http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/4027-4076redacted_computerlogs.pdf starting on page 20. (If I have over looked these please correct me.) I assume they are associated with something else LE is chasing. And the error I am about to discuss may not apply to them.

These:

are obviously based on the Photobucket activity on KC's account as submitted by Photobucket. The problem is that the Photobucket account is in MT not CT. So the request for IP subscriber information associated with these times, is an hour off. Here's the rectified times from MT to CT to ET.

6/9/08 7:14 am MT = 8:14 am CT = 9:14 am ET
6/16/08 9:27 am MT = 10:27 am CT = 11:27 am ET
6/17/08 8:14 pm MT = 9:14 pm CT = 10:14 pm ET

I hope LE have realized their mistake and requested a corrected report from BHN. My concern is how long BHN might keep this data and whether it might be gone at some point in time.

If this has been discussed, please just remove this post. I did not find a discussion in my search.

It looks like the 10:04 pm (CT) on 06/16/08 should be 06/09/08 (listed as occuring at 06/09/08, 22:04:30 CT) p4049. This is from the ip address they couldn't find an account for.

I hope LE have realized they messed up on their request for IP subscriber information associated with specific activity on KC's photobucket account. The request to BHN (Bright House Networks) was for the following IP/activity time information:

Okay, the bottom two:
do not appear to be linked to KC's photobucket activity because I cannot find those date times on file uploads in the file index provided here http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/4027-4076redacted_computerlogs.pdf starting on page 20. (If I have over looked these please correct me.) I assume they are associated with something else LE is chasing. And the error I am about to discuss may not apply to them.

These:

are obviously based on the Photobucket activity on KC's account as submitted by Photobucket. The problem is that the Photobucket account is in MT not CT. So the request for IP subscriber information associated with these times, is an hour off. Here's the rectified times from MT to CT to ET.

6/9/08 7:14 am MT = 8:14 am CT = 9:14 am ET
6/16/08 9:27 am MT = 10:27 am CT = 11:27 am ET
6/17/08 8:14 pm MT = 9:14 pm CT = 10:14 pm ET

I hope LE have realized their mistake and requested a corrected report from BHN. My concern is how long BHN might keep this data and whether it might be gone at some point in time.

If this has been discussed, please just remove this post. I did not find a discussion in my search.
Very good catch, I sure hope they have caught this...

I'm impressed.

You may want to write to the investigators handling the computer forensics end of the case.

I'm impressed.

You may want to write to the investigators handling the computer forensics end of the case.

The only upload occuring at 12:47 is on 07/07/08 from TL's IP. p4068 Seems there has been a mistake in the request for these two uploads.

VALHALL, I have a question - OT.

It is my understanding that the time that a post is made on WS is set to MT, correct?

I'm in a central time zone. I have been wondering why posted times are always two hours ahead of my real central time. If I log off at midnight, let's say, it says it's 2:00 AM on WS.

Do you know why this is?

NOW THE TIME MATCHES MY CENTRAL TIME - WE SPRUNG FORWARD TODAY.

Okay, you have to remember Mountain Time is a weird deal. They don't observe daylight savings time. So we just converted to DST and they stayed Standard so today there will be 1 hour difference between MT and CT, but YESTERDAY there would have been 2 hours difference between MT and CT. In June/July of last year it would have been GMT-6 which would make a 1 hour difference between MT and CT. THIS IS WRONG...SEE EDIT NOTE BELOW.

(I think you can adjust your WS account to make the time display correctly for your timezone.)

EDIT: I stand corrected on the above. MT does observe both daylight and standard time. It's New Mexico (which is within the MT zone) that does not observe daylight savings time. So just ignore everything I said in this post...lol.

I just realized what you're saying about these MT for Photobucket vs CT for BHN.
This would throw everything off by an hour...what going on with these reports?

Posting a test to see what time it is on WS! The time I posted is the time I think it is now. Crazy!!!

I think AZ and IN don't observe dlst. I think I'll move there - ha!

Posting a test to see what time it is on WS! The time I posted is the time I think it is now. Crazy!!!

I think AZ and IN don't observe dlst. I think I'll move there - ha!
If you don't mind me asking, where did this thread get moved to?

What RR0004?

It's not been moved. I'm trying to figure out how the time works on WS.

Did I confuse things? Sorry.

I'm in Mountain time and I have to reset my clocks. I wish I didn't cause in mid summer it doesn't get dark here until about ten oclock at night...ugh.

FYI you can all set your own time zone for your posts in the User CP section of the board.

Could some one just verify whether they have passed this observation to OCSO or not? I don't want to bother them if it has already been passed on, but I do believe this needs to be pointed out because if the error is not caught by them prior to trial, this evidence will possibly be brought into question at the time of presentation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back