Are we on the verge of War with North Korea?

I think they are more bark than bite... but then again, they are a country that has been taught to hate the US, and to view us as evil and out to harm their citizens, so I could easily see their gov't convincing everyone that it is time to wage war with against the US. (As much as they are taught to hate and despise the US, their president is a hypocrite: when Diane Sawyer did her documentary about NK, it was revealed that their president may promote hatred of the US to the masses, but in privacy, he embraces some American culture aspects... especially movies... he loves watching and collecting American movies.)

Kim Jong Il has a penchant for saying he is going to declare war doesn't he? I'm not overly concerned by his lastest pronouncement.

He has quite a history of making threats and it used to make me so worried, but now not so much.

Just late last year (IIRC, I'm being lazy and don't want to google) he said he was going to attack or go to war or something that effect with his neighbor S. Korea.

I may be totally off base but didn't he just win an re-election this week or something or another? He really loves to posture and from what I've seen he's full of a lot of hot air.

But, I've been known to be very wrong! :)

O/T but did either one of you see that doc/investigative reporting that Lisa Ling did a few years ago (IIRC that's the time range)? It was very interesting. It's pretty interesting if you ever have the chance to catch it in a re-run.

I wonder how their " test missle" firing went?
To answer the queston, I don't think the US is in imminent danger, but certainly S. Korea is.

I would like to say more, but it probably isn't appropriate for anywhere other than the Pol. Pav.
Just let me say that I am all for the USA building back our economic infrastructure for a few years before we try to save any more of the rest of the world, no matter where the conflict is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back