955 users online (208 members and 747 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Why Have None of the Anthony's Been Charged w/Obstruction?? Can pick more than one...

Voters
248. You may not vote on this poll
  • LE/SA Office does not think they did anything wrong

14 5.65%
  • LE/SA Office does not have a strong enough evidence to make it stick

69 27.82%
  • LE/SA Office does not want to go after them because of public sympathy

60 24.19%
  • Just waiting for the right time for LA

122 49.19%
  • Just waiting for the right time for GA

68 27.42%
  • Just waiting for the right time for CA

110 44.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Updated POLL: Why No Obstruction Charges Yet...If Ever???

After LA's lawyers press tour that seemed like he was doing damage control BEFORE we had even gotten an idea he would be charged and then Brad C.'s "conflicting statements in the past" comments, I was sure that Obstruction of Justice or some sort of charge was pending for one of the A's. Then I thought they were waiting until after the memorial and still nothing.

CA/GA/LA do not appear to be cooperating any more than they were before so what is up?

What are your thoughts?
    What if the hokey-pokey is what it is all about?

I think LE knows there were things that were done that could warrant charges, but weren't able to get evidence they needed for anything to come of it. They prolly didn't want to risk any damage to the murder case and just didn't chance it. If the public can question one part of the case who's to say they wouldn't question more importantly the other. Another thing I think is they were trying to scare aome confessions out of the family but they are all concrete in wavering--I have NEVER seen anything like them and can't say I ever want to again! JMO!

LE is probably waiting for CA to testify at the ZFG depo. Maybe LE is waiting for the trial so they can tack on perjury? LE will probably leave GA alone because the suicide attempt garnered a lot of public sympathy.

That being said, I doubt anything will happen until after the jury is in.

JMHO

I think the LE officials and the SA's are a lot more empathetic and understanding people than the A's are, so they have chosen so far not to charge anyone other than the suspected killer. They also seem to have a plan. I think they are focused on the main goal and don't want distractions from that, at least for now. I think they also may be leaving the door open for some possible future truth-telling by the family. If the LA deposition is any indication, they would be waiting a very long, long time, though.

I can't vote in this poll because it doesn't state anywhere near what I believe is going to happen. I believe all involved are waiting for the outcome of the trial. At this point they have very little to gain in going after the family as far as PR is concerned. Also, like the check forging incident, LE and SA don't want to show their hands prior to the trial so they will wait it out.

Waiting until after the trial for murder, so they can't plead the 5th on the stand!

I didn't answer the poll question because ... I really don't know what the right answer may be ... I am leaning toward not enough evidence and public sympathy ... but it may very well be that they do not believe the A's have done any wrong. Personally, I wish they would arrest LA just to turn the screws because to the depth of my soul I believe that he knows much more than he has sworn to under oath ... and from previous accounts we know that he is frightened of being charged. However, if they did arrest him I think that he would immediately invoke his right to counsel and refuse to cooperate. So, maybe it is better that they do not arrest him in hopes that he will eventually talk.
    Clue: Satsuma Edition

It was the psycho-sicko in the trailer park with a brick-o-block!

"Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations" ~ "inside" motto of the CIA and the entire Anthony family!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't believe she is 4!!

It seems to me that the more the A's talk, the more they help the investigation. Perhaps LE doesn't want them to stop talking or give them the ability to plead the 5th. I don't think it is out of sympathy given the way the A's have treated the very people who tried to help find Caylee.
    “The fact that Casey Anthony was the last person to have custody of her daughter, failed to report her missing (or dead) for 31 days, consistently lied once confronted, and the child was found dead and hidden, and she failed to tell what actually happened despite repeated opportunities to do so to her family, friends or law enforcement, (even when faced with the death penalty) was sufficient to find her guilty -- not necessarily of premeditated murder, but certainly all lesser charges. The duct tape and other forensic evidence provided additional, but not necessary, evidence. “
    Quote from: Judge H. Lee Sarokin
    Retired in 1996 after 17 years on the federal bench

I chose #2 as the closest answer to how I feel. In my opinion, LE/SA don't eve intend to charge anyone in the A family. Why, because it just is not that big a deal to them. They have much more important cases to deal with. They had no problem getting the evidence they need. While I am sure all the A's were annoying, to say the least, it had made no difference at all in their case. the facts are out there, the evidence has been weighed and deemed good enough to indict and take KC to trial. While WE may be outraged at what has gone on, it isn't anything LE hasn't seen before. This is not the first case they have worked where people have been less than helpful, and it certainly won't be the last. I think LE works from the 'don't sweat the small stuff' point of view and when you get down to it. CA, GA, and LA are definitely 'small stuff'!

My opinion only, of course.
    Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad.
    Euripides

I chose public sympathy, but I think it's more public empathy. I think they don't want to do anything that might generate feelings of 'family being wronged during grief' because they are desperately trying to get the conviction for murder. They'd rather have the murder I wrap as an obstruction on the support team.

Quote Originally Posted by coco puff View Post
    It seems to me that the more the A's talk, the more they help the investigation. Perhaps LE doesn't want them to stop talking or give them the ability to plead the 5th. I don't think it is out of sympathy given the way the A's have treated the very people who tried to help find Caylee.
    Exactly. If charges come, IMO, they will happen after the trial. To charge them now would just add another layer of problems for the prosecution's case against Casey. There is no reason to rush to charge the A's, they aren't going anywhere. Time is on LE's side. The longer the A's have to do what they do, the more rope they have to hang themselves.

The Feds are investigating, the Feds do not have sympathy or care about public opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Exactly. If charges come, IMO, they will happen after the trial. To charge them now would just add another layer of problems for the prosecution's case against Casey. There is no reason to rush to charge the A's, they aren't going anywhere. Time is on LE's side. The longer the A's have to do what they do, the more rope they have to hang themselves.

The Feds are investigating, the Feds do not have sympathy or care about public opinion.
    I agree with SuziQ, that if charges are to come, they will come after the trial. I think LE wants to see what Cindy says at the civil deposition, and thereafter. Cindy must be ready to burst open and implode, she has never been this silent before. I think when Morgan gets started with her, she may not be able to contain herself, and will revert to her old self. So far, BC has been able to contain her, but we know, with Cindy, that won't last...she will not be controlled, she has to be in control.

There was no choice of none of the above so I did not vote. I think they are not charging them because if they do so then the A's can plead the 5th when called to the witness stand and THAT is something that LE will not see happen-not even for well deserved charges against them all!

ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.

Transplanted Jersey girl now living near Wichita Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by magic-cat View Post
    there was no choice of none of the above so i did not vote. I think they are not charging them because if they do so then the a's can plead the 5th when called to the witness stand and that is something that le will not see happen-not even for well deserved charges against them all!
    Agree 100%

I didn't vote because I could not find an opinion I agreed with completely. However, I do have some thoughts on this question. (Which is a timely question).
    There is a murder trial in front of LE right now. And that's where all the energy and investigation is focused.
    AT the same time I do believe LE has taken a strong look at the family's behavior and the possibility of bring charges. But those can wait and will wait until Casey's day in court begins.
    I'm not completely sure Lee, George and Cindy will be ordered by the prosecution to testify in Casey's trial. Maybe one of them, maybe all, maybe none. But, I think keeping the trio of them waiting to see if the other shoe drops with charges is a smart tatic by the officials handling this case. George, Cindy and Lee, will continue to be the people they are and that could mean more evidence to complile in the charges against Casey - something good for the prosecution and maybe something not so helpful for the defense. Or, who knows the other way around. But I do believe LE is willing to take that risk. I think LE has a solid case against Casey and we haven't heard a fifth of the evidence they have against her.
    jmo
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast