737 users online (99 members and 638 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What if the body had been found on June 30th?

What if the body had been found by somebody and LE contacted on, say, June 30th?

This is a hypothetical question, but I'm compelled to ask because I think it could have happened instead of what did actually happen. I'm curious about what you think the different course of events would have been. The question assumes that the body and related items were placed in those woods prior to June 30th. You can adjust the date for yourself, but the question is based on the body being found not very long after placement and certainly long before CA tracked down KC and called the police.

It could have been found by somebody just poking around, somebody dumping their own trash, walking a dog, or whatever. It wasn't far into the woods and does not seem to have been buried deep. Some stray dog could have dragged it into the street or the mowed grass shoulder.

Of course there would have been some delay in identifying the body. But it was a little girl with a "Big Trouble" T-shirt, a Winnie-the-Pooh blanket, and duct tape on the mouth - all found only a couple blocks from the Anthonys. She wouldn't match any children that were reported missing, and it surely would look like foul play. I think that LE would call a press conference to announce the finding and then the media would be pounding out the story. Assume that LE, family, or even KC, is able to identify the body as Caylee.

What would KC have to say then? We sorta know what she was doing around this time. Acting like nothing is wrong. What about the stinky car? What would KC have done if her dead (apparently murdered and with duct tape) daughter was found in the nearby woods before she had mentioned to anyone that the nanny wouldn't give her back... and before GA has to go to the tow yard to get the car? Would KC give the exact same crazy runaround story that she gave in July? Would it have been different, based on the hypothetical circumstances?

I only ask that you not answer with "she would not have been found", as the question is based on her being found.

This board would have 564 less threads and probably 154,883 less posts.

Roughly.

Casey would have definitely found a way to get to Puerto Rico.

CA/GA/LA wouldn't have become the story spinners they are, and never would have been able to financially profit from Caylee's passing.

KC would have never been released on bail.

The many lives KC has trashed would still be intact. The media coverage would have been extremely shorter and Florida state would have more funds to prosecute others.

KenoshaKid is offline All the darkness in the world cannot put out a single candle
    Central Virginia near the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Cause of death may have been able to have been determined.

She would have had a better chance at trying for the "accidental death and I didn't know what to do" defense. Oh...wait...she'd still have to explain away that pesky duct tape.

If the body had been found June 30th, that would mean that Casey still didn't call LE for 2 weeks. We would most likely have the COD and that would be irrefutable.

I think Casey would already be serving her LWOP sentence or even be on Death Row.

Who knows what evidence the body would still have if she would have been found so soon, but without her "mother" even reporting her missing there was no chance of finding her that early. Without her "mother" telling where she was, 6 months passed and with it most of the evidence that would have given us the COD.

I firmly believe that Casey should get LWOP just for letting her daughter rot in the woods all alone whether it was an accident or not. I dont think it was an accident anyway, who duct tape's their dead daughters face after she dies by accident?

Also this case wouldn't be so sensational either. Lots of women kill their kids, but the whole time frame and the lying family as time when on made it the circus it is. That and the biggest thing that made people take notice of this was that Casey never reported her missing for 31 days and not really even then. So sad

I find myself wondering at times how much this case would be different if Caylee had been found sooner. Cause of death could have been determined. I think that alone would have answered every question we ever had.

I think it would have happened a lot like what we saw with Riley Ann Sawyers. First whatever story KC had concocted then eventual admittance to the crime.

I think each day that passed KC knew evidence was being lost and she continued to hold unto the idea that Caylee would never be found.

I still cant get over the fact that she even put her there. I mean, really? She didnt even bother walking in far, or picking a remote spot out in the middle of nowhere! If she and friends hung out there, didnt she wonder if other kids hang out there now?? My little 11 yr old boy pokes around at every darn thing he finds, and picks up anything he thinks is "cool".....i would hate for a child to come across that...but anyway, it would have been something if things played out like that. it would be interesting to see how she tried to get out of it.....

I am convinced that if Caylee had been found in June, none of us would have ever heard the name of KC or any of the A's. She would have said it was accident, and the state would have agreed to a plea deal on a VERY lessor charge - like involuntary manslaughter - and it would have been handled locally. She'd probably already be completely finished with jail time, on probation, partying hard again, and no other lives ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by newuser View Post
    I am convinced that if Caylee had been found in June, none of us would have ever heard the name of KC or any of the A's. She would have said it was accident, and the state would have agreed to a plea deal on a VERY lessor charge - like involuntary manslaughter - and it would have been handled locally. She'd probably already be completely finished with jail time, on probation, partying hard again, and no other lives ruined.
    I doubt KC would be out by now, but yes she probably would have been convicted already thru a plea deal and Florida would have saved a bunch of money and investigative work.

In my own little corner in my own little chair
    I don't think ZFG would ever have been mentioned. I think that popped into KC's head the minute CA said "who took her?"

I also think KC would be long gone by now, had she heard on the news that Caylee had been found.
    May you dream you are dreaming in a warm soft bed
    and the voices inside you that fill you with dread
    make the sounds of thousands of angels instead
    tonight where you might be laying your head.
    I wish you well.
    ~~~~~~~~~~Patty Griffin~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~Nobody's Crying~~~~~~~~

My posts are my own opinion, unless a link is included.

I think if things has happened this way and the body was found so soon after her death that we would still be right here. Even 2 weeks after her death in the florida heat and having spent a considerable amount of time inside of a trunk in that same heat, her rate of decomposition would have been extremely fast, determining cause of death say-if she was suffocated would have still been difficult. But I think that Casey would still have played the "I was afraid for everyone in the family" card and told the same ludicrous lies that she told us 2 weeks later. We would have had a chance at better evidence, now that is a fact, but we would still be right here, in this same circus, only with a different and deranged twist. The A's would have still been there to back her up in whatever story she told and it would still be sensationalized quite a bit due to the fact she had never been reported missing. I wonder in that situation if Baez would have signed on for the ride?

ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.

Great question Magic-cat!

Great question Magic-Cat!

I think she would have tried to play the "grieving mother". I think the perp would have said that she thought that Caylee was with the Nanny, Zanaida, and that Zanaida had taken Caylee for a couple weeks to give her (the perp) a break because of all the stress that she has been going through. That CA had assulted her and tried to throw her and Caylee out of the house and onto the street because of some mix-ups with borrowing some money and so she needed some time to get herself togethet . The perp would have stated that she was trying get an appartment for herself and Caylee and Caylee was supposed to be having fun at the beach with the nanny! Basically the same story that she had been giving TonE et al for weeks. She would have acted *shocked*, *horrified* and *betrayed* that Zanny could DO such a thing - insert fake tears - and *WHY OH WHY DID SHE KILL MY BABY???* etc but the truth would have come out anyway.

The perp thinks people swollow her lies because her FOO have done so consistantly for her entire life. It did not occur to the perp that every word out of her mouth would be scrutinised and tested. In fact, she STILL to this very day believes that she can get a jury to accept that she DID NOTHING WRONG except try to find her daughter herself.

ummm...rocks, box, dumb as....

She sure is in for a HECK of a suprise at trial

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast