757 users online (104 members and 653 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    deep in the countryside of northern Alabama

Ronald proposes to Misty

I popped in here quick to get a daily update and read this news. Then I went off to the other threads and everyone was talking about the proposal in those threads so I thought to help posters stay on topic I would just go ahead and make a new thread.

Any hoot....What does everyone think about this. I can think of pro's and con's but wish to refrain from being judgemental and will hope and pray that the reason they decided to go ahead and get married is because Haleigh wanted them to get married. However I don't see what the harm would have been in waiting a bit.
    http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...133274&catid=3
    Last edited by Tom'sGirl; 03-09-2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: to add link and correct spelling of name in thread title

Isn't it true that a spouse can refrain from testifying against their partner or something like that??

Quote Originally Posted by elle1919 View Post
    I popped in here quick to get a daily update and read this news. Then I went off to the other threads and everyone was talking about the proposal in those threads so I thought to help posters stay on topic I would just go ahead and make a new thread.

Any hoot....What does everyone think about this. I can think of pro's and con's but wish to refrain from being judgemental and will hope and pray that the reason they decided to go ahead and get married is because Haleigh wanted them to get married. However I don't see what the harm would have been in waiting a bit.
    I think we posted our threads at the same time. MODS please delete mine.

I think this is absolutely crazy...no way in hello would I be even thinking about getting married when my daughter is missing! WThuh?

Quote Originally Posted by mybrokenwings View Post
    Isn't it true that a spouse can refrain from testifying against their partner or something like that??
    I am not sure that would apply in this situation.....course I never looked at it from that angle.

That is exactly what I thought when I read the headline of this thread!

I wonder if they would be excluded from testifying against each other.

I also wonder if it would "count" if they weren't married at the time.

hmmmmm.......

That and/or he can't be arrested for statutory rape?

Yes thats true, however it does not apply in this case since whatever crime occured did so prior to marrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunburst70791 View Post
    Wow....I guess I am as naive as they come...I was just hoping they were in love.

Not true, he can still be charged since they were not married at the time the statutory rape would have happened.

He's probably in big doo-doo since she's a minor and hes getting himself off the hook. IMO... Very sad that they would even plan something like this and if the kids wanted it so badly wouldnt he wait until Haleigh was around to be apart of all of this? UGH!

How insane is this? I don't get any warm and fuzzy vibes from this at all...

It's another weird development in the Satsuma saga.....

Florida Statute 90.504(3) There is no privilege under this section:
    (b) In a criminal proceeding in which one spouse is charged with a crime committed at any time against the person or property of the other spouse, or the person or property of a child of either.

So, it looks like the spousal privilege immunity against testifying cant be used if it is regarding a crime against a child.

I want to puke.

Your daughter is missing a month and now you are planning a wedding?

I'm sorry - but - how can anyone let alone her father think about anything else?

Even I couldn't think about getting married right now with this going on!
    ...the truth and Ms. Anthony are strangers ~ Judge Stan Strickland
    It is true that you may fool all of the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all of the time; but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. ~Abraham Lincoln
    IMO, the minivan and the blanket are key to Haleigh Cummings' disappearance...

I don't think it matters to LE if they got married or not. I seem to remember a case where the guy was older and teen girl and they got married but he was still charged..Now I will have to and see if I can find.

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast