809 users online (138 members and 671 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 439
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    840

    Prosecutors Ask For Hearing On How Baez Is Getting Paid

    http://www.wftv.com/news/18890190/detail.html

    Posted: 4:53 pm EDT March 9, 2009

    ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Prosecutors asked for a special court hearing Monday afternoon, to find out how Casey Anthony's defense team was getting paid.
    The state is worried that Casey's lawyer Jose Baez could make decisions in the case based on a book or movie deal instead of her best interests. Prosecutors believe the move could be grounds for appeal if Casey is convicted.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,762
    From that article:

    Many have been asking how Casey is paying for all of her attorneys and experts.. And even if there is a hearing on this issue, it might be behind closed doors. So even if prosecutors and the judge find out, the public may not.


    No fair!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    20,002
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlinCentralFL View Post
    http://www.wftv.com/news/18890190/detail.html

    Posted: 4:53 pm EDT March 9, 2009

    ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Prosecutors asked for a special court hearing Monday afternoon, to find out how Casey Anthony's defense team was getting paid.
    The state is worried that Casey's lawyer Jose Baez could make decisions in the case based on a book or movie deal instead of her best interests. Prosecutors believe the move could be grounds for appeal if Casey is convicted.
    Well, it's about time. I don't think they'd be asking for a hearing if they didn't have some concrete information.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,296
    I am so-o-o hoping the judge in this looks into it THOROUGHLY! Something stinks to high heavens about Baez and has all along.

    And did anyone else notice how Cindy and George seem to have gotten awfully quiet about the quality of Baez's representation of Casey? Guess it was that stay at the Ritz that convinced them Baez is an okay attorney for their gal! IMO, of course.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,762
    Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    Well, it's about time. I don't think they'd be asking for a hearing if they didn't have some concrete information.

    I think they must have, they seem to know that Casey has already received at least one payment.

    "Home videos of Caylee Anthony fetched almost $200,000 for the young mother last summer. "

    Later in the article they say that Casey is not in a position to do her own negotiating, someone is doing it for her. The money trail will lead right back to Baez, IMO. I wonder how long the trial will be delayed if Casey has to replace him.
    Last edited by Chilly Willy; 03-09-2009 at 10:53 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    313
    I'm glad this is happening. I have a feeling the financial backing is very deep and very hidden. I think we're all going to be shocked when all the details come out.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    75
    This man is so sneaky, and I don't think there is anything he won't stoop to for a little fame. It really is kinda sad. Casey is so young and gullible, and truly believes in him, but I think in the end, him and his stupidity is what is gonna hang her.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somewhere out there.
    Posts
    3,892
    Quote Originally Posted by txmama View Post
    I'm glad this is happening. I have a feeling the financial backing is very deep and very hidden. I think we're all going to be shocked when all the details come out.
    I just hope the details do come out. I knew JB wasn't doing this for free and he didn't seem worried that Casey supposedly had no money coming in.

    I bet there is a huge paper trail.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,492
    Quote Originally Posted by chastity View Post
    This man is so sneaky, and I don't think there is anything he won't stoop to for a little fame. It really is kinda sad. Casey is so young and gullible, and truly believes in him, but I think in the end, him and his stupidity is what is gonna hang her.
    I have asked this from the beginning and Baez is taking that girl for a ride in my opinion. She has the intelligence level of a 14 year old and has no ability to access her situation and how the courts work. I believe he needs to be removed from the case in the interest of her getting a fair trial.

    I totally believe her to be guilty, but even a guilty person deserves to be able to make "INFORMED DECISIONS" about their life or death, and he has her so isolated, she is being denied that. I wonder if he is using the money for more than her defense.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,492
    Quote Originally Posted by tiredofthis View Post
    I just hope the details do come out. I knew JB wasn't doing this for free and he didn't seem worried that Casey supposedly had no money coming in.

    I bet there is a huge paper trail.
    I bet the letter shredders are working overtime today.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,473
    WELL----------->

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,970
    Good! This definitely needs to be looked into. We've been asking how Casey is paying for things for a long time.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    20,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I think they must have, they seem to know that Casey has already received at least one payment.

    "Home videos of Caylee Anthony fetched almost $200,000 for the young mother last summer. "

    Later in the article they say that Casey is not in a position to do her own negotiating, someone is doing it for her. The money trail will lead right back to Baez, IMO. I wonder how long the trial will be delayed if Caylee has to replace him.
    Thanks, CW...good to know...I haven't read the article yet. I guess JB could always say it was his imaginary friend TB that was the intermediary. LOL

    ETA: I think you meant to say "Casey has to replace him".

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,541
    Everytime she visited JB in his office, her backpack was full. Anyone notice if it was stuffed full on her return? Maybe he has dozens of her albums and tapes. Of course her family would notice if they were missing, I must speculate. There must be a lot more video of Caylee. We have seen some but I bet there is plenty. Also many PICS of casey not seen during her teen years. Did she ever go to a prom? no high school PICS. etc.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,042
    Wow, just wow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I think they must have, they seem to know that Casey has already received at least one payment.

    "Home videos of Caylee Anthony fetched almost $200,000 for the young mother last summer. "

    Later in the article they say that Casey is not in a position to do her own negotiating, someone is doing it for her. The money trail will lead right back to Baez, IMO. I wonder how long the trial will be delayed if Caylee has to replace him.

    I just saw this on Orlando news, a few minutes ago.

    The reporter (Kathy B) seems very firm in her statement that the home movie was sold for profit and netted the defendant, $200,000.00. So we'll see. There was no language in her reporting which pointed to "sources reveal" or "It is alleged." I found that interesting. She is usually more cautious.
    The video shown with this statement, on the Channel 9 (Wftv) report is the one with the birthday cake...I think we all know that one.
    It should be a while before they put this video up on their website, though.

    As the legal analyst they interviewed pointed out, and rightfully so, it might not mean the end of the line for JB even if he has a role in these financial dealings.
    Casey would need to sign a written waiver that she is aware of any and all potential conflicts that might arise. And that further, she is waiving her right to throw a hissy fit about those, to put it in English.
    This would keep JB on board, most likely.
    I would not trust the waiver process though, as I would think Casey would later allege that she did not sign the thing freely, willingly and knowingly. That's just me though.

    Humble-Opinion

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. 2010.11.29 Hearing: RE: Baez Intern Sworn In
    By Amil in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 10:37 PM
  2. Video of KC and Baez Crying together to be released UPDATE BAEZ THREATENS TO SUE
    By Insomnia Momma in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 485
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 12:46 AM
  3. When Baez paid the bank back wasn't that tantamount to pleading guilty?
    By The World According in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 211
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 09:29 PM
  4. Jose Baez files emergency hearing 2pm 12/16/08
    By LiveLaughLuv in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 11:56 AM

Tags for this Thread