Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Victims

FBI's Request for Information site on the Jennings victims...photos of all of them.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seekinfo/j...la_murders.htm

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stephani For This Useful Post:

SueJay, I'm curious as to why Tracey Chaisson is considered a suspect. I wuz born & reared in north La and am only too familiar with the 'good ole boy' network way of doing things. Because of the lack of info on causes of death for the mothers, no arrests or even suspects for any of the victims, this smacks of it so it's not inconceivable that the perp might be law enforcement. As for the 'throat cuts', that area is known for it's deeply entrenched prejudicies against blacks (i.e. Colfax). Could be somebody's daddy got pissed at the mamas and daughters for BFF'ing colored girls or something. Hate to bring that up but it's entirely possible considering the area.... Speaking of, where are the brothers, fathers, and husbands of these women? Why aren't they kickin' up a huge stink that the killer(s) haven't been caught?

BTW, great sleuthing!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bfree911 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Stephani View Post

FBI's Request for Information site on the Jennings victims...photos of all of them.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seekinfo/j...la_murders.htm
    Fyi, this link appears to have changed to

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/murder-victims

Since the above url is very generic, I suspect they did that so they can change it out. So, you may want to grab the pdf while it is available.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-in...tims/print-pdf

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shadowraiths For This Useful Post:

Bumping up...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DotsEyes View Post
    First 3 vitims found in CANALS.
    Second 3 victims found on ROADS.
    Victims 1, 2 and 6 associated with fast food facilities.
    Mother of missing 7th presumed victim knew all victims, worked in fast food industry.
    Both African American victims had throats slit.

News articles found in "Information" thread here state that "all were found with high levels of alcohol and cocaine in their system" and all were known to "trade sex for drugs". This was stated before Brittany was found, so she is not included in "all".

All were residents of the south side of Jennings. ( I assume this means south of the RR tracks.)

Only 2-3 have been classified as homicides. Assume that Ernestine Lewis and Laconia Brown are 2 so classified, since their throats were slit. No information on identity of 3rd homicide victim.

All except Laconia Brown were found in advanced stages of decomposition. None died where they were found.

Authorities suspect drug connection to all victims.

Ages: 17,21,23,24,26,29,30.

Dates of body discovery: 5/05; 6/05; 3/07; 5/07; 5/08; 9/08; 11/08.

Brittany would have been 13 when first victims, Loretta (29) and Ernestine (30), were murdered and 16 when her best friend Muggy (23) was murdered.
    Wait...all except Laconia Brown were found in advanced stages of decomp?!How is that possible?!

1. Loretta Lewis: last seen 5/17/05 ~ body found in canal 5/20/05 (3 days)
    2. Ernestine Patterson : last seen 6/16/05 ~ body found in canal 6/18/05 (2 days)
    3. Whitnei Dubois: last seen 5/10/07~ body found at intersection 5/12/07 (2 days)

Either someone (LE, MSM) isn't using the term "advanced decomposition" correctly, or these dates are not right.

Do we know the name/names of the person/persons reported to last see these 3 women? Because something here is...well...off.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~Bob Dylan

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

Another observation that stands out: the only 2 victims reported to have had their throats slit also happen to be the only 2 black victims? Do I have that right? Laconia Brown was doused in bleach...was Ernestine Brown also doused in bleach? How about any of the other victims? If not, then what's the significance of Laconia being doused in bleach? To conceal evidence that would connect her to her killer? Then why wasn't anyone else doused in bleach? Was there no obvious connection the killer/killers were worried about?

It's odd.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~Bob Dylan

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    Wait...all except Laconia Brown were found in advanced stages of decomp?!How is that possible?!

2. Ernestine Patterson : last seen 6/16/05 ~ body found in canal 6/18/05 (2 days)
    3. Whitnei Dubois: last seen 5/10/07~ body found at intersection 5/12/07 (2 days)

Either someone (LE, MSM) isn't using the term "advanced decomposition" correctly, or these dates are not right.

Do we know the name/names of the person/persons reported to last see these 3 women? Because something here is...well...off.
    http://jdpkiller.wordpress.com/2011/...sis/#more-3033

WD was last seen by her mother late on the night of May 10 2007. Her mother said that (her mothers) medication was missing and WD was supposidly going to FRs home on McKinley street.

I'll see if I can find answers to your other questions Kat. So good to see you here!
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

"This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

F.L.Y. First love yourself!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Justiceforever For This Useful Post:

Good point! Do we know what the source is for that? Any links? Even with the heat and humidity it would take longer than two days for advanced decomp.
    A few of the victims were found in canals.
    The ones in water would have taken even longer than the ones in open air.
    I do remember reading somewhere about aligator activity on the bodies (if I find it again I will link it) but that wouldn't have anything to do with decomp. Hmm.
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

"This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Justiceforever View Post
    Good point! Do we know what the source is for that? Any links? Even with the heat and humidity it would take longer than two days for advanced decomp.
    A few of the victims were found in canals.
    The ones in water would have taken even longer than the ones in open air.
    I do remember reading somewhere about aligator activity on the bodies (if I find it again I will link it) but that wouldn't have anything to do with decomp. Hmm.
    Alligator (or another other animal predation, for that matter) does affect rate of decomposition. So can the type of wound. Water can also increase/decrease decomp rate, depending on temp. But 2-3 days to reach a state of advanced decomp? Ummm...no.

I'm still getting my bearings on this case, and there's ALOT I don't yet know, but this jumped up and slapped me in the face, so I thought I'd comment.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

Do we have any information regarding tatoos on these women? Any commonalities wrt tatoos?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

Do we have any information regarding tatoos on these women? Any commonalities wrt tatoos?
    That would be good to know. I've read nothing about tattoos. Zero Nada Zilch. Here or in MSm or anywhere for that matter. Of course that doesn't mean there were none. I'ma shoot out some PMs and a few emails later today and tommorrow to see if we can get some more people here who are familiar with the cases. Right now it's you and me Kat and admittedly I am not the sharpest sleuth in the drawer. ; )

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justiceforever For This Useful Post:

That would be good to know. I've read nothing about tattoos. Zero Nada Zilch. Here or in MSm or anywhere for that matter. Of course that doesn't mean there were none. I'ma shoot out some PMs and a few emails later today and tommorrow to see if we can get some more people here who are familiar with the cases. Right now it's you and me Kat and admittedly I am not the sharpest sleuth in the drawer. ; )
    Me either. But maybe we can pool our strengths and morph into 1 supersleuth!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

Me either. But maybe we can pool our strengths and morph into 1 supersleuth!

YES WE CAN!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Justiceforever For This Useful Post:

http://digitopus.com/?p=926

Muggy's sister - Kendra - says Muggy feared for her life days before she went missing.
    "She knew her time had come," Kendra Brown told a local news station after her sister's lifeless body was identified by tattoos once inked into her skin.

This is all I could find thus far about tattoos. No description however.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justiceforever For This Useful Post:

I take it none of these women owned vehicles?

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

Another observation that stands out: the only 2 victims reported to have had their throats slit also happen to be the only 2 black victims? Do I have that right? Laconia Brown was doused in bleach...was Ernestine Brown also doused in bleach? How about any of the other victims? If not, then what's the significance of Laconia being doused in bleach? To conceal evidence that would connect her to her killer? Then why wasn't anyone else doused in bleach? Was there no obvious connection the killer/killers were worried about?

It's odd.
    the bleaching is potentially symbolic, personal, and hatred-driven---same with the 2 black victims being slashed

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CriminalMinds For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CriminalMinds View Post
    the bleaching is potentially symbolic, personal, and hatred-driven---same with the 2 black victims being slashed
    If it is true that one (or more?) of the victims were found with embalming fluid in her system (not sure if smoked or injected by another) then what that says to me (the bleaching) was that someone knew about forensic counter measures. IMHO

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Justiceforever For This Useful Post:

Here's what I can and can't say thus far...(bear in mind, I'm one of the new kids on the block):

1. Louisiana during the late spring and summer months provides ideal conditions to speed along decomposition. Having said that, no way several of these bodies were in such a state of decay after 2-3 days that c.o.d, physical evidence, etc. would have been completely eradicated.

2. We can not state that all (or any) of these victims were raped. That's not to say that they weren't raped, only that we don't know that they were raped. Serial killers are usually sexual predators who rape their victims prior to killing them.

3. The 2 black victims died from their throats being slit. None of the other victims died by this method (that we know of). Thought went into the dumping of Muggy Brown. My guess is that she was dumped on the shooting range and THEN doused in bleach. Most people don't just happen to have bleach in their vehicles. As to why she was doused in bleach, I doubt it was racially motivated. We have no evidence that Ernestine was also doused in bleach, do we? I think that whoever killed Muggy was smart enough to realize that they either left evidence on her body that would link her to them and had to get rid of it somehow, or they doused her in bleach to accelerate her decomposition. JMO.

4. I've read, from family member of 2 of the victims, that their loved one died of asphyxiation. In lay terms, asphyxiation means that death occured because no air was getting into the lungs and the body was deprived of sufficient oxygen. It does not always mean strangulation. Drowning, choking, smoke inhalation, drug overdose, crush injuries, manual suffocation and strangulation can all cause asphyxiation. At this point, with the scant information we've been given, we can not even state with certainty that these 2 victims were strangled.

5. There is much to connect these girls in life...all were known drug users, some or all were known to trade sex for drugs, all ran in the same circles, some were blood related. There's not much to connect them in death, though. Some were found clothed (or partially clothed), others were found naked. Some were dumped in water, some on roadways. Some had their throats slit, others didn't. 1 was doused in bleach, the others weren't (as far as we know). We don't even have evidence of rape to tie these girl together.

6. The only thing I can say with any certainty, at this point, is that all these women were murdered. Were they all murdered by the same person/persons? I have no idea.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

If it is true that one (or more?) of the victims were found with embalming fluid in her system (not sure if smoked or injected by another) then what that says to me (the bleaching) was that someone knew about forensic counter measures. IMHO
    odd that there was advanced decomp for the canal vics--water and embalming fluid both slow decomp--exposure to air and bacteria speed up the process--the bleach is non-acidic(although it will damage tissue atfer prolonged exposure), so it would probably slow the process as well, since it would kill the surface bacteria that aids decomp--however, the bleach changes the skin pigment--the body being dumped at the gun range seems to indicate a type of taunt to police--could he be saying "since you couldn't punish this person, i did"?.....one person tied to this case in an outside way has a beef with at least one or two of the vics, as well as the police--body dump=two birds, one stone..?

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CriminalMinds For This Useful Post:

Can anyone link me to these reports of embalming fluid? Thanks.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

I go back in forth thinking that these are possibilities:
    - there's a single serial killer who likes killing women & kills the women who are vulnerable/available to him & got the victims all from the same circle, which he may or may not be a part of
    - the women were killed because they all knew/witnessed something they shouldn't have in the eyes of the killer(s) or people who paid/coerced the killers into killing
    - some of the women (the first victim or victims) were killed because they knew/witnessed something but the killer(s) discovered in the process that they liked killing & kept doing it, working within the same circle of friends so that everyone would think all the women were being killed for this reason and discovered these women's deaths didn't receive a lot of attention because of their perceived lifestyles
    - there are actually 2 serial killers or two groups of killers at work- one killer/group of killers that killed women for knowing too much, the other killer/killers killed them because they're sick & enjoyed it.

It may seem stupid for a serial killer to kill only within a circle of friends/acquaintances/relatives, but it seems to have worked out well here, mainly because of these women's "lifestyles." Sigh.
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ktgirl For This Useful Post:

http://digitopus.com/?p=926

Muggy's sister - Kendra - says Muggy feared for her life days before she went missing.
    "She knew her time had come," Kendra Brown told a local news station after her sister's lifeless body was identified by tattoos once inked into her skin.

This is all I could find thus far about tattoos. No description however.
    me thinks we need to set up an individual thread/timeline for each victim, like in the other case--makes it easier to keep thoughs/info organized, and be able to add to it or alter what we "know" while discussing...thoughts on that JF/MK, hexe, ktgirl, and others??

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CriminalMinds For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CriminalMinds View Post
    me thinks we need to set up an individual thread/timeline for each victim, like in the other case--makes it easier to keep thoughs/info organized, and be able to add to it or alter what we "know" while discussing...thoughts on that JF/MK, hexe, ktgirl, and others??
    I couldn't agree more! I was totally thinking the same thing but didn't want to bust out eight new threads without knowing what others think about the idea.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to Justiceforever For This Useful Post:

Go ahead and open the threads if you want. Let me know if you need any help. I've bookmarked a ton of information over the years, so I might be able to fill in some blanks for you.
    HANNAH GRAHAM TIP LINE (434) 295-3851
    EMAIL: CPDtips@charlottesville.org

Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Go ahead and open the threads if you want. Let me know if you need any help. I've bookmarked a ton of information over the years, so I might be able to fill in some blanks for you.
    awesome, ty

49. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CriminalMinds For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast