999 users online (119 members and 880 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Hi I'm a long time lurker and just wanted to say that I'm glad to see these cases being mentioned. Hopefully there will be a break soon.

I do travel through Jennings about once every 2-4 months or so en route to Lake Charles (where my daughter's orthodontist is) but I can't say we've ever stopped to check out the sights.

My husband is from Jennings. After the second body was found, I said..serial killer and everyone laughed. Now 7 bodies later.......

Just something I was thinking of.....the route between the dollar store and Brittany's destination (last vic.) was not a long one as I recall. Everyone was thinking that she got into a car (though scared, so she had to feel OK around person) and yet no one saw anything, suspicious car....What if she went to a house on that walk. Then no car would have even been seen picking her up...I wonder if law enforcement has checked all addresses from point a to point b....someone might stick out with criminal history, known assoc. etc....

MysteryGirl - it is reported that the Family Dollar Store is a 5 block walk from Brittany's house. She was seen there are about 5:30p buying cell phone minutes. It would have been dark already by that time. I have wondered if she went to a nearby house too. (It is rumored that she used drugs of some kind, so I wonder if she went to buy some at her contact's house.)

Yes, her mother said she was afraid because of all the murders, so if she got into a car it has to be someone she knew or she would have made a noisy scene. (one would think)

Geauxgirl - I am not sure there is anything much to see except some fast food places and the Dollar Store. But, if you want to take a detour through town next time, you can give us the 411 on the place.

I'll definitely do that next time I'm down that way!

Quote Originally Posted by DotsEyes View Post
    MysteryGirl - it is reported that the Family Dollar Store is a 5 block walk from Brittany's house. She was seen there are about 5:30p buying cell phone minutes. It would have been dark already by that time. I have wondered if she went to a nearby house too. (It is rumored that she used drugs of some kind, so I wonder if she went to buy some at her contact's house.)

Yes, her mother said she was afraid because of all the murders, so if she got into a car it has to be someone she knew or she would have made a noisy scene. (one would think)

Geauxgirl - I am not sure there is anything much to see except some fast food places and the Dollar Store. But, if you want to take a detour through town next time, you can give us the 411 on the place.
    I agree in that it was someone who wasn't a stranger to her. She was aware of the danger and stressed about being safe:

"You don't know who you can trust anymore...
    These were some of the last words Brittany Ann Gary said to her mother before she went missing.
    "They can be your friend," the 17 year-old girl had said, "You just never know."
    http://digitopus.com/?tag=brittany-ann-gary

Sounds like maybe Brittany had an idea she knew the killer, Brittany did have connections to at least 4 of the victims.
    It's a small area; some of the victims knew eachother and they all knew the killer.
    I don't think they were killed for having anything to do with the drug trade. It'd be dumb for dealers to kill off their customers when working with such a small area to begin with.
    The killer has an addiction to killing, that is sure. He most likely had been stalking the girls for awhile prior to killing them.
    "The cure for crime is not the electric chair, but the high chair."

-J. Edgar Hoover

MeoW333 - I agree that the murders are not a dealer killing customers. The drug/prostitution angle is what made the girls vulnerable to the killer. Although it is stated that ALL of the girls were known to use drugs, trade sex for drugs and were all found to have both alcohol and cocaine in their bodies, I think they have been painted with a rather large brush and I don't think the allegations are necessarily true for all of the victims. But, I don't have any facts to dispute the allegations either.

By labeling them as drug using prostitutes they are diminished as human beings worthy of justice. All of these girls had families who loved them, some had children and they were important in someone's life. They deserve more attention. That is why I got interested and why I respond to every post to keep this forum moving.

There is a serial killer on the loose and he is getting away with killing young vulnerable women in Jennings.

This could simply be a rumor because the police are hush/hush about many things.

Supposedly, DNA was found on last victim (Brittany). I heard that LE was getting close to an arrest, possibly because of DNA results and then..........nothing, no arrest, no talk about DNA. So if this is true, I'm wondering if the results did not match possible suspects or anyone in database?

mysterygirl - Do you know if DNA was found on any of the other girls?

I feel so sorry for these girls and their families.

No, I do not believe so.......water destoyed evidence on some and length of time etc..

I had never heard of these murders before and stubled upon this forum one day. I am serious - 7 young women in what, 3 1/2 years? It's makes my skin crawl. I haven't gotten through all the posts yet, but it seems the Sheriff is getting assistance from the FBI and other agencies.

Oh. I just had a thought. Back later.

HOLY MOLY. I just checked the available info of dates the girls were last seen or when they were found. It hit me like a brick. I looked at a map.

Maybe this is a college kid from Lake Charles! He passes through Jennings, half way to Lafayette every time he goes back and forth. Stops for fast food, maybe some pot. It's been 3 1/2 years and he is would be about to graduate from USL. The dates seem to coordinate with semesters to me.

The lapse between 5/05 and 3/07 would be Katrina/Rita related. Car trashed? Evacuated? Semesters off?

March '07. Easter? Spring break? Mardi Gras?

Then May 07.
    Then May 08.

Coming home from school? Mother's day? End of semester?

Then 8/27.
    On the way to school?

Then Nov. 1, 08. Halloween was day before. It is All Saints Day. Is it also Mid-terms?

Maybe there was a big Halloween party somewhere at home in Lake Charles or a long weekend from school?

Or maybe it is a trucker or the baker, I don't know.

I just had to think it through.

Thanks for listening.

Trying to think out of the box and using what we know to find a clue.
    Last edited by DotsEyes; 03-29-2009 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterygirl View Post
    My husband is from Jennings. After the second body was found, I said..serial killer and everyone laughed. Now 7 bodies later.......

Just something I was thinking of.....the route between the dollar store and Brittany's destination (last vic.) was not a long one as I recall. Everyone was thinking that she got into a car (though scared, so she had to feel OK around person) and yet no one saw anything, suspicious car....What if she went to a house on that walk. Then no car would have even been seen picking her up...I wonder if law enforcement has checked all addresses from point a to point b....someone might stick out with criminal history, known assoc. etc....
    Darn excellent Sleuthin' there Mysterygirl ;}

Quote Originally Posted by DotsEyes View Post
    I had never heard of these murders before and stubled upon this forum one day. I am serious - 7 young women in what, 3 1/2 years? It's makes my skin crawl. I haven't gotten through all the posts yet, but it seems the Sheriff is getting assistance from the FBI and other agencies.

Oh. I just had a thought. Back later.
    I think I remember this case! Were all these girls prostitutes and found quite close to each other in a canal that was close to or within walking distance of the buildings in the town? I'll have to go look at the original postings. I would be glad to sleuth with you on this case, of course don't know if I would be any help. ;}

You are a great sleuth scandi! I've read your intelligent posts on other threads. Everyone's input is helpful.

I just stumbled on this forum a few days ago myself and have been reading through to catch up. This is my first post. I'd like to sleuth this case with all of you as well!

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    You are a great sleuth scandi! I've read your intelligent posts on other threads. Everyone's input is helpful.

I just stumbled on this forum a few days ago myself and have been reading through to catch up. This is my first post. I'd like to sleuth this case with all of you as well!

Neatp and it's great to see you Waltzingmatilda! I'm going to go read a bit to bone up. xox

WalzingMatilda and Scandi! So great to see you here!

Scandi - there are allegations (from LE) that the girls traded sex for drugs, abused drugs and alcohol and that cocaine and alcohol were in their bodies at autospy. As I stated earlier this paints all the girls with a rather broad brush and may or may not apply to all or any of the girls for all I know. And, I call them girls because to me they are all so young. It is not meant to diminish them as women in any way.

3 of the girls were found floating in canals, the others were found on land. 5 were found in close proximity to one another, 2 were much farther away than the suspected dump area. There are maps in the "Maps, Photos,. . " and "Information" threads.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast