1065 users online (225 members and 840 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Yes it could be a college boy from Lake Charles (where I live) but I doubt it.

Whoever it is, runs in the same circle with these girls---who all knew each other. They feel somewhat comfortable with him. Rumors of LE involvement have been prevalent. Perhaps it is some kind of narc. ( give police info. but still involved in drugs, so somewhat protected)...

Regarding the lapse in time, many theories have surfaced. Jail, offshore work, military, relocated etc....

Location of the bodies says that someone is very familiar with the area. I saw it as a taunt that one body was dumped on the way to the police shooting range. Locals living around these dump sites have noticed suspicious cars in the area....they suspected drug deals on these remote country roads. They said police did little about it.

What is shocking to me is the size of this town...no greater than 7500....that's a lot of bodies for such a small town.

The task force meets at a particular location.....and many times, even late, there is a bevy of activity/many cars when I pass by....

Mysterygirl - well, it was a brain cramp I was having because I know nothing of what is going on in Jennings.

7,500 people? Maybe they should ask all the men in Jennings to submit to a DNA swab to rule them out, since there was DNA (allegedly) found on Brittany. It worked in England. Start with LE and all the politicians, Lawyers, doctors, businessmen - civic duty an all that - a show of interest in getting the cases solved and Jennings residents cleared. The ones that do not show up, get the DNA surreptitously and check them first.

Yeah, I know - too expensive and no one will cooperate.

LOL DotEyes,..........no, you didn't have a brain cramp...it is helpful to talk about scenarios! I actually have pondered the DNA thing buy you're right, too costly........heck they didn't even want to admit to "serial killer".

I have a feeling that whoever it is could avoid the DNA testing anyway, moves in and out of town too much? Houston to New Orleans I10 is a big drug corridor for running drugs...maybe involved in that.

I had no idea that this was a drug corridor. All I know is I hate driving that stretch of I-10 - Houston to New Orleans because it is chock full of zooming 18 wheelers, pot holes, detours, poor lane markings and is always in a state of deconstruction/reconstruction. It is a white knuckle drive and makes me nervous!

I don't think we are looking at a big rig driver. The 18 wheeler wouldn't be able to get to the dump sites without everyone noticing. Same for LE, everyone knows the cars/people and would have noticed a connection of some sort. I can't see the logic in a drug dealer killing his clients nor a pimp killing his "stable".

Something connects these girls to one another other than drugs, prostitution or residence. It is almost as if he waited for Brittany to return to Jennings and he killed her best friend and her cousin. It isn't a coincidence that these 3 are connected to one another.

No I don't think we are looking at a truck driver either but I do think it is possible that the killer moves in and out of town a lot.....maybe that is why there was a gap in the killing.

I definitely feel that Brittany was killed because she knew something, maybe she didn't even know that she knew something (make sense?) but the killer was paranoid.

It is no accident that that they knew each other..some even dated within the same family/had children ....much of this had to do with interracial matters also. Not trying to make a race thing but it is just fact. That could somehow play into the cause of death...the black victims seemed to die in a more brutal fashion (slit throat) as opposed to some of the white victims.

Has anyone looked into possible connections through high schools? I know the jobs have been looked into but maybe if they all went to the same high school... Since most of them are teens and in their early 20s it would be possible that a link could be established that way.

Quote Originally Posted by DotsEyes View Post
    I had no idea that this was a drug corridor. All I know is I hate driving that stretch of I-10 - Houston to New Orleans because it is chock full of zooming 18 wheelers, pot holes, detours, poor lane markings and is always in a state of deconstruction/reconstruction. It is a white knuckle drive and makes me nervous!

Oh you are so right. That drive from Baton Rouge to Lake Charles and back always makes me nervous. I hate it. Plus people from Louisiana drive like a bat out of you-know-where anyway.

I'm thinking the killer was definitely born and raised in the vacinity of Jennings and that he doesn't necessarily live there now. Maybe Lake Charles, Alexandria or Lafayette. But I also think his job takes him to many cities in South Louisiana. A deliveryman or a salesman possibly?

Food for thought. Most Sk's first kills/dumps are close to their own home. So, yes, I agree that the guy was likely born and raised in Jennings.

Quote Originally Posted by geauxgirl View Post
    Has anyone looked into possible connections through high schools? I know the jobs have been looked into but maybe if they all went to the same high school... Since most of them are teens and in their early 20s it would be possible that a link could be established that way.
    This isn't a town that has several schools. I'm betting there is only one high school.

There is only one high school and I don't know that most of these girls finished or went?

Just putting the dates and ages together. . .

Loretta was 29 in 5/05, she would be 33 now.
    Ernestine was 30 in 6/05, she would be 34 now.
    Kristen was 21 in 3/07, she would be 23 now.
    Whitnei was 26 in 5/07, she would be 28 now.
    Laconia was 23 in 5/08, she would be 24 now.
    Crystal was 24 in 9/08, she would be almost 25 now.
    Brittany was 17 in 11/08, she would be almost 18 now.

'05 - ages 29, 30
    '07 - 21 - 26
    '08 - 23, 24, 17.

It is a possibility that a high school connection exists with Crystal,(25) Laconia, (24) and Kristen (23) and perhaps they attended in school together. They may have all attended the same high school for all I know, but maybe not at the same time.

Thought this was interesting......

With regard to the first post indicated, is AMW going to have it on their website or not? I can't locate it.

With regard to the second post, could this have anything to do with the one girl who (who was under arrest) and sold her truck to an officer, who IIRC was an investigator of this case, and the truck turns out may have had something to do with at least one of the murders? Oh, and his last name was Gary????

JMHO
    fran

http://www.topix.com/city/jennings-l...mystery-deaths

Living in Fear Reply »
    |Report Abuse |Judge it! |#7 Feb 20, 2009
    We have it confirmed what has long been suspected. America's Most Wanted have contacted some of the family members and wanted to help. Sheriff Edwards has turned down their help. He doesn't need their experience nor their resources. Makes ya wonder...WHY?
    AMW said they have been flooded with requests to come to Jennings but without the cooperation of the Sheriff, they are at a stand still.
    If this atrocity of refusal for help by the Sheriff, a person who is sworn to serve and protect, bothers anyone...or they question the move of turning down AMW, who has the vast resources to help in solving these murders after 3 1/2 years of nothing Please direct your questions or concerns to
    Sheriff Ricky Edwards (he is in the phone book)
    email address is sheriff@jeffdavis.net
    mailing address is P O Box 863, Jennings, LA 70546
    if possible, please forward to America's Most Wanted

angelicious-420
    Hammond, LA
    Reply »
    |Report Abuse |Judge it! |#8 Mar 1, 2009
    Judged:
    Well, first off I think that the police in this town are a piece of ****. My dad is the investigator working on these murders in Jennings. I don't see how so many girls keep getting murdered. There was a rumor or not, that one the jailers from the Jennings Police Department had something to do with it. But who knows. I think Ricky Edwards could do alot more than this. This is really some bull****. And i also think that who ever knows something should come forward and say something because some one they love might come up missing next. And thats the reality of it.

Oh, I also wondered if these cases could have anything to do with the prostitute murders in Atlantic City? They were in 2006, I believe. There were basically two sets of prostitute murders in Atlantic City. Two and one attempt were earlier in 2006, I believe, all three had their throat slashed. The second group of murders, four, found in water, two strangled, two unknown COD and the four last all had high levels of drugs.

Just something to think about.

JMHO
    fran

Fran - expound please.

How and why does the perp move from south Louisiana to AC?

Then back?

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Perhaps the killer is a truck driver?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast