Justice for Janet Abaroa (Continue Here)

L L & S

Reaction score
Bringing Chico's post over to our new thread.

Folks, since there is no movement on this case I feel it's time to make the move to the archives. A thread for continuing discussion would be welcome in either the archived forums, books etc. forum or in Cold Cases. If there should be an arrest or publicized movement on this case the forum would be returned to active and open status.

If someone will begin the discussion on a thread in one of the two aforementioned areas I'll then archive this forum.

This is in no way means anyone has given up on justice for Janet. Purely housecleaning in intent. We need the space for a forum that is actively being investigated.

Since I've posted this there is every reason to believe a resolution is in the works. I've thought about this in the past and each time more info has been released.

Come on NC! I challenge you to move forward so we can too!
I've been expecting this Chico and understand. Thank you for allowing us to continue the pursuit of justice for the victims of Raven Samuel Peters Abaroa.

Janet Christiansen will be blessed with justice one day. I hope there are no more victims (or babies) that will suffer from being associated with this POI.

Bumping for those that missed our move last night. Hopefully everyone will start checking in here for updates to Janet's case. We are not giving up hope that justice will be served for Janet and her unborn baby.

Please show your support for Janet's family by posting here.

Thanks for starting it up, LL&S. We're still praying for resolution to this case and a jailBIRD. Hopefully something great will happen to bump us back to the forums!

I hope so too! I still have faith in the detectives that ARE working on this case. They have to feel strongly about this too, imo.

Does anyone think this thread should have been started in the Archived area instead of Cold Case? I'm pretty sure the mods would move it if we asked.

I just want Janet's forum to be found easily if anyone comes looking for it.

Do you think we should ask if we could maybe have a sub-forum in the Cold Case area instead. To me that would be a wonderful compromise. What would we need to qualify for one of those?

Please help me out here and let me know what you think. This is a group effort and I know our group has grown smaller, but there are still quit a few people who are following this case closely.

I would appreciate some of your opinions please.

Bringing this over from the original forum:

I thought this post was important. Raven has just gotten married and is suddenly getting a divorce and already has a gal pal in California.

He's also going by Raven Abaroa, Samuel Peters or variations of there of.

I hope Vanessa can move on and have a happy life. I hope and pray for nothing but good for her. We can only imagine what she went though.

Bless you and your family V.

Terminatrixator:

Back in November 2006 we heard that Raven Peters, Raven Samuel Peters, Raven Abaroa was getting married. He was then single then we heard he was getting married again. Hemarried Vanessa on September 6th.

We heard Raven & Vanessa are getting divorce and he's already with another new girlfriend in Southern California.

This thread was started not because of his impending marriage to Vanessa, there were previous girlfriends all heading towards marriage, and he even fathered a child that was given away for adoption in the past.

Barton Corbin killed his girlfriend Dolly Hearn, got away with it, and moved on get married and eventually killed his wife.

Everything Raven does he repeats. He has stolen more than once, he bounces female to female and he cheats. If anyone googles Raven Abaroa, Raven Peters and reads this and knows his new girlfriend, I would implore them to read everything here and talk to his new girl of the moment.

He's always Mommy shopping and he never stays put long. He will always be a chronic cheater, chronic thief and since I believe 100% that he murdered Janet and their unborn child, there's a good chance he could kill again.

He's repeated all his other past bad behaviors.

How this guy is able to con woman after woman after woman, is just appalling to me.

Jersey gathered this information back in 2006....it still holds true today. It's been almost 4 years since Janet's brutal murder, he's free to do whatever he wants, and I really don't want to see another girl murdered just to have Janet's case solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
Sadly, multiple murder of spouses (and even children) is not unheard of -

Innerart - Artbits June 11, 1998
Timothy Boczkowski of Pittsburgh PA was charged in November 1994 with the murder of his second wife, Maryann, after she was found floating in the couples' hot tub. The incident occurred almost exactly four years after Boczkowski's first wife, Mary Elaine, was found dead in a bathtub at their Greensboro NC home. Police described the earlier death as "suspicious from the start", but did not file charges. Wife #1 was insured for $125,000; wife #2 was insured for $100,000.

Wife killer gets death sentence
A man was sentenced to death for the killings of his fourth wife and a longtime friend who prosecutors said helped kill the first two wives...

(Gerald) Hand was convicted Friday of killing his wife, Jill, 58, and friend Walter "Lonnie" Welch, 55, on Jan. 15, 2002, at the couple's home north of Columbus.

Prosecutors also suspect him in the deaths of his first two wives, but he has not been charged...

Case of two wives killed years apart goes to jury | The San Diego Union-Tribune
... a 58-year-old Santee man charged with murdering two of his wives – one in 1973 and the other 30 years later.

William Peter New is charged with killing Somsri New and Phyllis New the same way. Prosecutors said each woman was killed with gun shots to the back of her head while she slept.

BBC News | EUROPE | Pastor gets life for family murders
A Hungarian-born pastor ... Andras Pandy, 74, had been found guilty of murdering two of his wives and four of his children, as well as raping three of his daughters.

************************************************** ************************************************** *****
There are many more stories like this out there. These guys don't breathe a sigh of relief thinking that they're lucky to have gotten away with the impossible. If anything, it seems to embolden them, making it more likely that they will kill again.

If there is anyone reading this that knows Raven's girlfriend, please take terminatrixator's advice to heart . Think about this situation and realize that it's better safe than sorry. If he could kill once in this manner, he can do it again.

I would love to have a sub-forum! I think that would be a great idea. Mods, can we do that? Pretty please?

8-x-10-poster2-1-1.jpg

I ran across this today and thought I would share it again.

Wow....only 3 months older than me!!! We would have graduated about the same time....

I too am still praying for justice for Janet, her children, and her family.

As for Raven, he can run but he can't hide. Last I checked, his life wasn't running so smoothly. Isn't he a newlywed about to be divorced?

Reported to have moved to Cali with his new girlfriend. Going by Samuel Peters again. Or Raven Peters. Not sure.

I'm glad you found the new thread.

This guy is just so bizzare, doesn't let any grass grow under his feet, always on the run, always on the hunt for a new wife/victim to con.
What breaks my heart and concerns me is that poor Kaiden has to be constantly uprooted and confused about the constant parade of woman that his father is trying out for the Mommy position.
I'm so sorry for the Christiansen family, they must be so heartbroken over this continuous behavior.
I wish the law would catch up with Rav like it did with OJ.

Banners and graphics offered up for your own personal web sites.

janet-banner5f.jpg

janet-banner5c.jpg

Justice-for-Janet-ribbon-1.jpg
test-12-1.jpg

test21.jpg

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/03/man-shot-family-with-civil-war-replica-rifle.html

"Police said this morning that the man involved in an apparent double murder-suicide in Wilmette shot and killed his wife and her son on Saturday with a replica Civil War gun, then killed himself a day later after leaving a 40-page note saying that he wouldn't go back to jail."

snipped

"Former Cook County Assistant State's Atty. James Morici said of all the violent criminals he prosecuted in more than seven years, Wiley was the one who gave him chills."

In that case, he called police himself and when they arrived, he was "leaning over the victim, hugging her and crying, 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry,' " according to a 1987 Tribune account.

Wiley told a detective he was angry at her because he heard a comment about her staying out late, and believed she was having an affair. He told the detective he picked up a ceremonial knife and stabbed his wife several times--23 times, according to the autopsy."

---
Another case of a man killing his wife and this time his step-child - after he murdered his previous wife and served time.

I am really quite disappointed Janet's case has been archived. I truly believe that it has kept more women safe and has been a bit of an insurance policy for the women he has dated. Many have ended so badly with the women in fear and I believe 100% that this has kept this murderer in check.

The Google links to the archives do not work when I google Janet's name nor Raven's name. This makes me very sad for Janet's friends, coworkers, family and even those people that are close with Raven and know he did it but know there is nothing they can do about it. This is the one place they had that they felt there was some sort of comfort, that people cared. So many people that may not post but come here daily to keep up with the case have not been able to find the forum.

I'm sad that Janet's case has been overshadowed by politics, by run away brides, by embezzlement, by lack of media and seemingly a whole bunch of people that have a bigger fear of Raven than a disgust at what he has done to his wife and unborn child.

I know that the prior Lead Homicide Detective on the case, Sheldon Perkins, who was off the case for a year is now in charge of Durham's Homicide Division. I heard from many that this man will not give up and he will catch the bird!

For those of you that find your way here, update: Raven's back in Utah again. I'm sure Mommy shopping is on the agenda, so to you parents out there lock up your teenage daughters, because he does like them young.

For those of you that may somehow find this that think well he hasn't been arrested, so he didn't do it. It does not mean that, it means that it's a CE case, no weapon and Durham needs a DA in office with experience to handle a CE case, and they are starting to clean up the DA's office and starting to close out cases.

Durham Police Department has come up to speed and is also getting their act together.

Raven has had a lot of breaks and a lot of people looking the other way at all his misdeeds since the day of the murder. Many of you reading here now know what I am talking about. You know..you know that he's stolen since, you know he's cheated, you know he's lied, you know he can be abusive, you know that he has a temper, it has dawned on you that he is indeed the murderer of Janet and you also know he will kill again.

It's time you think about what he did to Janet and come forward. Every dot is another link to the cuffs that WILL be on his hands.

If you do decide to date or befriend Raven, be careful and never turn your back to him.

He very well could be another Barton Corbin, Drew Peterson or a Wiley and I do not want it to boil down to Raven murdering another woman just for Janet's case to be solved; It's wrong and it should be on everyone's mind.

Rave, to you I must tell you we're still here, you are not going to get away with Janet's murder, and we will not rest, we will always be keeping tabs on you until you are locked away. I will sit at your trial one day and there will be Justice for Janet.

If you have any information regarding the Murder of Janet Marie Christiansen Abaroa or if you have any information regarding Raven Samual (Samuel) Peters Abaroa contact Durham Police at 919-560-4425. Alternatively, you can contact CrimeStoppers at 919-683-1200.

Don't forget he could be going by Raven Peters, or Samuel Peters or Samuel Abaroa or any combination thereof. I hope that we can be as helpful to other young girls as we ultimately were with Vanessa. I got news third hand that she said she wished she would have paid attention to what we were telling her here. That tells me that one) she and Raven Abaroa were reading here and two) we were right on the money about him and the info we had on him. That's big.

What breaks my heart and concerns me is that poor Kaiden has to be constantly uprooted and confused about the constant parade of woman that his father is trying out for the Mommy position.
I've never really believed that Raven was searching for a Mommy for Kaiden. I think that his only goal has always been to find a good time for himself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back