Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Some thoughts on being out awaiting trial and being in awaiting trial

As goldfish2 mentions upthread, Mechele Linehan was discussed over on the Casey Anthony, so I thought I'd repost here some of my observations that I made over there, as I thought it interesting how the two women compare/contrast:

(from http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=331)

Indeed. The Mechele Linehan case is one that seriously fascinates me, too. However, despite Ms. Linehan's cold, calculating narcissism and grating qualities (all IMO), I think she's physically gorgeous (although it makes me ill to admit it b/c she's really such an ugly human, IMO). Ms. Linehan has had years to cultivate her outward appearance while ICA hasn't and ICA also lacks the..."haughtiness" of Ms. Linehan (IMO and hope that makes sense--ICA is more..."snotty" to me, while Linehan's snottiness has matured into snooty haughtiness IMO. ICA shopped at Target and JcPenney (which are perfectly respectable stores, don't get me wrong), while Linehan shopped at Nordstrom, even when she was "working as a waitress" while her husband was doing his MD residency, IIRC.

OT Digression: (Mechele's husband was arrested for running out of Nordstrom with their fussy baby and ~$700 in women's clothing in the stroller--his story is that he was distracted by fussy baby who he was rushing outside to comfort and forgot that his wife had put clothes she apparently wanted to buy in the stroller...this is during a period of time where they claim they were so poor she was waitressing...how many waitresses can afford to shop at Nordstrom, I wonder).

Additionally, Mechele Linehan was not in prison while awaiting trial, nor was she made to stay in Alaska--she was home in Washington state. Her and her husband owned and ran a cosmetic laser center, so Mechele was able to be well coiffed, manicured, and IMO presumably botoxed, etc. IIRC, she was even able to ensure that her hair was a more natural shade before she went to trial, as opposed to other brunettes-gone-blonde that might get stuck in jail from arrest to trial and have to sit at trial with a stripe around their head.

During the trial, Mechele was still not coming in and out from jail every day, so she had the luxury of leaving the courtroom every day, choosing where to dine, sleeping in a hotel bed, showering every day, plus a myriad of stylish outfits complete with well-applied cosmetics and accessories. ICA doesn't have that, so there's no way she could pull off the Linehan trial look, even if she did have the same poise, beauty and fashion sense as Ms. Linehan.

FWIW and, of course,
    Last edited by KateB; 06-01-2015 at 01:16 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flourish For This Useful Post:

Hey there, that was me that made the comparison between Mechele and ICA. I was glad to bring the case up again as there's not been much happening in Alaska lately.

Totally agree with your thoughts on the two women in question Flourish - but I still see similarities there. For me ICA is the uneducated, younger, cheaper version of Linehan.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 2goldfish View Post
    hi flourish!! thank you so much for those links, I was on the 48 hours site here http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...ag=mncol;lst;2 and the 2 part episode appears on the right but when I click it, it remians a black screen, and when I click embed, no links appear - they're clearly not kidding about it not showing in my country!! I wonder if YOU click imbed, will it work here?

that allocution video made me laugh and cry. ridiculous voice totally gone. ice face totally gone. now that it's about herself, she's all kinds of care, isnt she?
    That's weird goldfish as I'm in Australia and I've never had a problem viewing any of the 48 murder mystery shows. I'll try and find another link for you to the 2 hours show 'Love and Death in Alaska'.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:

Testing

Love and Death in Alaska- Part 1 (didn't work)

okay, I've seen cbs videos do this before - it's something on their end and the way they have it set up - it did this exact same thing when some of us were trying to link the Caylee 48 hours.

If you go direct to the site it is on about page 4 or 5 of the full episodes page and you should be able to watch it there. I just tried again and my country is not blocked.
    Last edited by darnudes; 05-23-2011 at 12:37 AM. Reason: link not working

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by darnudes View Post
    Hey there, that was me that made the comparison between Mechele and ICA. I was glad to bring the case up again as there's not been much happening in Alaska lately.

Totally agree with your thoughts on the two women in question Flourish - but I still see similarities there. For me ICA is the uneducated, younger, cheaper version of Linehan.
    Sorry, darnudes, I totally noticed it was you, but failed to give you credit over here...
    Thank you, darnudes

And ITA

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flourish For This Useful Post:

Testing

Love and Death in Alaska- Part 1 (didn't work)

okay, I've seen cbs videos do this before - it's something on their end and the way they have it set up - it did this exact same thing when some of us were trying to link the Caylee 48 hours.

If you go direct to the site it is on about page 4 or 5 of the full episodes page and you should be able to watch it there. I just tried again and my country is not blocked.
    still nothing for me....it says its loading, there is a quick flash of the imbed links, then a black screen. I am not meant to see this

still nothing for me....it says its loading, there is a quick flash of the imbed links, then a black screen. I am not meant to see this
    I'm wondering if you have something enabled that is blocking adobe flash from playing? Have you got the latest updated version? What is your download speed like? Anyway, I've found another link and I'm hoping you'll be able to watch this one, give it a go Let me know if this works and I'll search for part 2.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/love-death-al...-50091342.html

I'm wondering if you have something enabled that is blocking adobe flash from playing? Have you got the latest updated version? What is your download speed like? Anyway, I've found another link and I'm hoping you'll be able to watch this one, give it a go Let me know if this works and I'll search for part 2.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/love-death-al...-50091342.html

still nuffin, as my 4 year old would say. it's not the flash, cause flash works on youtube etc, this new link just gives me the little wheel of load forever. I've tried in firefox, opera, and then in ie as an act of desperation download speed is 10mbit so I dont think I am hanging for that reason, it must be something else. I think I will try my husband's mac when he gets home, that way I can rule out my computer completely....

thank you so much flourish & darnudes for trying to help!

ETA ffs it works on husband's lappy! what's wrong with mine? *sob* thank you so much yall but I totally wasted everyone's time.
    Last edited by 2goldfish; 05-23-2011 at 12:16 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2goldfish For This Useful Post:

They could just be checking the source location of your requests, have you tried using any of the above links through a web proxy, like Zendproxy? http://www.zendproxy.com/

I use that occasionally to look at some sites. I use Chrome on Linux, but it's should work for any browser/OS because it doesn't load anything locally.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChasingMoxie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingMoxie View Post
    They could just be checking the source location of your requests, have you tried using any of the above links through a web proxy, like Zendproxy? http://www.zendproxy.com/

I use that occasionally to look at some sites. I use Chrome on Linux, but it's should work for any browser/OS because it doesn't load anything locally.

that's what I thought too, but it worked on hubby's mac! however, it did not with firefox, only safari, I couldnt get it to work on any browser - so on my end I believe it must be a setting ... but as I couldnt get it on any browser, I just dont know where to start.

this version IS changed from what I have read online, the part with her saying she was feeling attacked and whatnot wasnt on there, but there was enough to convince my husband and 17 year old that she was guilty.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2goldfish For This Useful Post:

that's what I thought too, but it worked on hubby's mac! however, it did not with firefox, only safari, I couldnt get it to work on any browser - so on my end I believe it must be a setting ... but as I couldnt get it on any browser, I just dont know where to start.

this version IS changed from what I have read online, the part with her saying she was feeling attacked and whatnot wasnt on there, but there was enough to convince my husband and 17 year old that she was guilty.
    I'm SO glad you were able to watch, 2goldfish (sorry I called you "goldfish2" upthread ).

Yeah, I have both versions DVR'd and they remove that part and then add a part at the end with Mechele driving away from prison ("I can't believe I'm not in prison!"), and then in her new apartment talking on her cell phone ("We're at the apartment!"), and maybe some other stuff that I don't remember...it was pretty short, obviously staged and, IMO, basically silly fluff that cbs added and in order to do so, had to agree to delete the "I'm feeling a little bit attacked," I'm guessing.

I'm pretty certain I mentioned this already, but I'm verbose, so whatever. My DH, who is a sweetheart, but not too supportive of my fascination with various criminal cases. He did, however, agree to watch the new 48 hours with me, and was like, "oh, she's a borderline, those ones are the scariest." He also thought she was a poor actress, totally phony and definitely guilty of the murder of Kent Leppink."

Have you watched the Dateline episode? The "Snapped" one is pretty much like you'd expect if you've ever seen an episode of "Snapped," and can be skipped, imo. The book is pretty weak, but I skipped through all the Sarah Palin stuff and did read some pretty interesting stuff, but the author, who I'm amazed has published more than one of these abominations, fails to cite any of his information, so I can't count that information as really credible...still a fair read if you've got a kindle, a few bucks, and are stuck sick in bed, at least that was my experience.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to flourish For This Useful Post:

still nuffin, as my 4 year old would say. it's not the flash, cause flash works on youtube etc, this new link just gives me the little wheel of load forever. I've tried in firefox, opera, and then in ie as an act of desperation download speed is 10mbit so I dont think I am hanging for that reason, it must be something else. I think I will try my husband's mac when he gets home, that way I can rule out my computer completely....

thank you so much flourish & darnudes for trying to help!

ETA ffs it works on husband's lappy! what's wrong with mine? *sob* thank you so much yall but I totally wasted everyone's time.
    Yah! Glad you got to watch it. Don't know what's wrong with your computer it must be an enable/disable thingy going on - not sure as not my field. I know how frustrating it is as wftv's vids used to do that to me all the time until I put in my own fix, which I told you about in that msg. Anyway, you didn't waste our time so don't worry.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:

Hi folks Took a break from the Casey Anthony trial to check in on this case and (no surprise) there's still crickets. There's one semi-new post on the free mechele blog from Mechele's mom which alludes to their not being able to discuss the case...so we're back to that

adn.com still crickets...Megan Holland nowhere I could find on their site...I emailed them asking if they were planning on continuing to be one of the main primary sources for information about this case...let ya know if they bother to email me back LOL

Court docket is boring, too. I suppose the new lawyers on both sides are studying up

Some new comments on the free mechele facebook page (nothing really new in the comments, though):
    http://www.facebook.com/search.php?q...up_55155870302

Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to flourish For This Useful Post:

anyone care to speculate or predict outcome of this case? will it make it to trail? if so, will she be found guilty? Will one of the networks cover it?

I sure hope so.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Paige SC For This Useful Post:

All I will say is, if she gets a new trial and gets off....WOW...!
    Little Caylee Marie, must not be an "Anthony", since "the Anthony's always win". So sorry, Caylee.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trvl4Lyfe For This Useful Post:

Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast