728 users online (146 members and 582 guests)  

Websleuths News

MD 'burbs of Washington DC

MS - Donna Slater, 46, disabled, murdered in her Jackson Co. home, 7 March 2009

This was brought to my attention by a dear childhood friend, Melody: her best friend found out that his sister was murdered last Friday. His sister was wheelchair bound due to having spina bifida... it is thought that the robbery may have been the motive. Given her handicap, her ability to fight back was obviously very limited... and Melody informed me that it was her son returning home from school that found his mother deceased, stabbed and with her throat cut. She will be laid to rest, tomorrow, and I am reaching out to my fellow WSrs with a request to keep the Slater/Osborne family in your thoughts and prayers...

Donna Slater victim of murder:

Oh, I'm so sorry. WTH is wrong with people? - and I use that term loosely. A thief could easily have overtaken her without hurting her. My guess is it was someone she knew and could easily ID. Hope they find the perp soon.

RIP Donna.

That's so sad.. how old is her son? Does he have family to go to? Is he of age?
    "The cure for crime is not the electric chair, but the high chair."

-J. Edgar Hoover

San Diego
    This was such a senseless crime.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends.

May she RIP,

From May 2011:

Johnny Lee Townsend, who killed a wheelchair-bound woman with a machete in 2009, pleaded guilty to capital murder Friday and was sentenced to life in prison...

"I sit here day after day and wonder why people do this," Judge Dale Harkey said to Townsend, who had suddenly lost his casual demeanor. "You removed this beautiful soul from this world and we're left with what? You"... The judge sentenced him to life in prison without the possibility of parole or any kind of early release...

[Joe] Loggins and [Nancy] Scott pleaded guilty to accessory after the fact to capital murder and were set to testify against Townsend at his June 13 trial. Neither Loggins or Scott have been sentenced yet, but the maximum penalty is five years in prison.