SC - Paul Sturgill, 17, killed while robbing pizza delivery man, 7 March 2009

bowler

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
4 against 1, good thing the man was able to defend himself because he probably wouldn't have survived those odds.

This always scares me when I read about delivery drivers being attacked or killed. My husband is a pizza deliveryman & I worry about him out there, especially at night. The company says they must keep the little topper sign on their car lit up at night. Good thing he's driving an older car that doesn't have a cigarette lighter to plug the topper into. This poor man was set up. They called & ordered the pizzas with intent of robbing him.

This is such a tragic story. I feel for all those involved. However, I am glad that the delivery man was able to protect himself. What a very sad ending for the youth that died as well as the other 3 friends. So Tragic.................

I'm glad he was able to protect himself too. We had a case last year of a fifty-something year old man that worked part time delivering pizzas. He lived with his sick mother and it was a way for him to earn extra money to take care of her. Basically the same thing happened. Only he didn't have a gun and was killed (http://hamptonroads.com/2008/05/teen-says-he-left-deliveryman-was-killed-portsmouth.) The area he delivered to had been known to be an area that was risky. My daughter's boyfriend at the time worked at the same pizza shop. They would argue over who had to deliver to that area. We even have some areas of the city that pizza places refuse to deliver to. They have every right to do that.

This always scares me when I read about delivery drivers being attacked or killed. My husband is a pizza deliveryman & I worry about him out there, especially at night. The company says they must keep the little topper sign on their car lit up at night. Good thing he's driving an older car that doesn't have a cigarette lighter to plug the topper into. This poor man was set up. They called & ordered the pizzas with intent of robbing him.

I used to deliver pizzas in a bad neighborhood for awhile and fortunately I was never robbed. I was very aware of my surroundings. One woman delivering to a college was raped. It's a dangerous job and then some A-hole tips you $.03

This is such a tragic story. I feel for all those involved. However, I am glad that the delivery man was able to protect himself. What a very sad ending for the youth that died as well as the other 3 friends. So Tragic.................

As I stated above I used to deliver pizzas and even though this is callous I'm glad the effers dead. He won't be robbing anybody anymore. The guy had been robbed three times before. IMO, he's a hero and other people may now be a little hesitant to try and rob a pizza delivery guy.

I'm glad he was able to protect himself too. We had a case last year of a fifty-something year old man that worked part time delivering pizzas. He lived with his sick mother and it was a way for him to earn extra money to take care of her. Basically the same thing happened. Only he didn't have a gun and was killed (http://hamptonroads.com/2008/05/teen-says-he-left-deliveryman-was-killed-portsmouth.) The area he delivered to had been known to be an area that was risky. My daughter's boyfriend at the time worked at the same pizza shop. They would argue over who had to deliver to that area. We even have some areas of the city that pizza places refuse to deliver to. They have every right to do that.

The Domino's franchise I worked for had sections of town they wouldn't put stores because of situations like this.

I used to deliver pizzas in a bad neighborhood for awhile and fortunately I was never robbed. I was very aware of my surroundings. One woman delivering to a college was raped. It's a dangerous job and then some A-hole tips you $.03

As I stated above I used to deliver pizzas and even though this is callous I'm glad the effers dead. He won't be robbing anybody anymore. The guy had been robbed three times before. IMO, he's a hero and other people may now be a little hesitant to try and rob a pizza delivery guy.

The Domino's franchise I worked for had sections of town they wouldn't put stores because of situations like this.

I also think this man is a hero.

I deliver pizzas part time. I keep coming back to this job because typically it is the most stress free job I have ever had, and the pay is pretty good. One of the girls I work with carries a stun gun type thing, I may end up with one myself soon.

You absolutely should carry some form of protection. Even if it's only pepper spray or something. It would give you a few minutes to possibly get away from the situation.

Stay safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back