Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by suepitzl View Post
    goes to the defense as a positive thing
    I wish JB lots of luck with that.

we can criticize all we want ...........but the defense in its' motion to supress, is really wanting this to be released to see the sorrow...............it's a game, as all sleuthers know
    IMO, JB would be better off just playing his hand outright 'cause all this other stuff just makes him look st*pid.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Fight for it not to be released then spin it to the defenses' advantage, lots of press........glomming on to........yet another headline in the Orlando news, if not the world who is watching.............

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    IMO, JB would be better off just playing his hand outright 'cause all this other stuff just makes him look st*pid.
    He allowed her "statement", he is not an idiot, 7 months b4 trial Casey makes a statement without being cross examined...........press will glom on and put that translation, I am innocent out there and those who have a fleeting semblence of this case will hear it..........Taint the Jury Pool?

Exclamation

"Baez has called the state's action a witch hunt"

It's nice to know that he recognizes her true character

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18901068/detail.html

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to auntbaby For This Useful Post:

Auntbaby...that was PRICELESS!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsy Road For This Useful Post:

we can criticize all we want ...........but the defense in its' motion to supress, is really wanting this to be released to see the sorrow...............it's a game, as all sleuthers know
    You could be right. We all know how much JB likes to get his mug on camera and proclaim KC's innocence. However, I think this kind of stuff backfires on him and his client. She is so hated at this point, there's no changing people's minds, and he just looks like an idiot for trying. Obviously he hasn't figured this out yet. It just makes him look incompetent (even if he's not). I'd have an ounce of respect for him if he just worked on this case and stopped playing these little media games. He whines about the DA's office and Pros team, but I have yet to see any of them on any of the talk show circuits.

i can not believe that all you sleuthers dont get it, it is a ploy.........THEY, KC AND BAEZ WANT US TO CRITICIZE THEM

Quote Originally Posted by dax View Post
    and I think you're right! I think Baez had her convinced.."no body, no case"...and he intended to push that one-armed nanny story all the way to "reasonable doubt.

It's scary to think they may have gotten away with it.
    I totally agree with you on this one.

Off topic but does anyone besides me think JB bares a resemblence to Don Stark who plays the next door neighbor Bob on "That 70's Show" (minus the afro of course)? He also was on a couple episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm and when I saw him the other night I couldn't stop thinking of JB!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Road View Post
    You could be right. We all know how much JB likes to get his mug on camera and proclaim KC's innocence. However, I think this kind of stuff backfires on him and his client. She is so hated at this point, there's no changing people's minds, and he just looks like an idiot for trying. Obviously he hasn't figured this out yet. It just makes him look incompetent (even if he's not). I'd have an ounce of respect for him if he just worked on this case and stopped playing these little media games. He whines about the DA's office and Pros team, but I have yet to see any of them on any of the talk show circuits.
    her statement :I have refused to take a plea agreement for a crime that I DID NOT COMMIT." It is all over then media, it is allowing Casey to make a statement without the benefit of the prosecution to x-amine her 7 months b4 trial..........it is a ploy by the defense.......get it sleuthers?,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Mumsy View Post
    According to local attorney Mark NeJame as quoted in the article.....

"Prominent local defense attorney Mark Nejame, who once represented Anthony's parents, said it is not illegal for the jail to record visits."
    "It might be bothersome, but it's surely not anything unordinary to the extent that routinely all that I can remember in 28 years of jail visits, we're always watched and there's no expectation of privacy in the jail," NeJame said.

Mr NeJame is a very well respected attorney and I would certainly put my money on his views about videotaping in the jail.

JMO
    I agree. The County has to provide security in the jail facility. Part of the method of doing that is using constantly rolling security cameras. Attorney visiting rooms are no exception. Notices are posted. Both inmates and attorneys who visit know this. Those security cameras are also for the lawyers' protection. They can still talk and have an attorney-client meeting and that content is privileged. There is no audio and the cameras are far enough away so the camera monitor can't see things written on papers. However, those video recordings do become subject to disclosure. Normally no one asks for them unless there is an incident, but the media has asked and is paying for the public records release because this is a high profile case. There's no big issue here in the recordings.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Themis For This Useful Post:

her statement :I have refused to take a plea agreement for a crime that I DID NOT COMMIT." It is all over then media, it is allowing Casey to make a statement without the benefit of the prosecution to x-amine her 7 months b4 trial..........it is a ploy by the defense.......get it sleuthers?,,,,,,,,,
    It was just a media appearance by KC. However, there is another possible effect. KC has now made a sworn statement and submitted it to the court on a matter affecting the merits of the case. That means prosecution is likely to be able to cross examine her. In short, she "opened the door."

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Themis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Road View Post
    I have a couple of questions. Help me out here!

Did Orange County Jail release this tape to the DA's office?
    If so, why? The jail and the DA's office are two seperate entities. no?
    Everybody knows that there is no privacy in jail - videos cameras are everywhere, even in the meeting rooms where Baez and KC met. But since these meetings are privileged - how is it that a video taping of these meetings can be released? Do they get released without sound or something?
    My last question, how does Baez already know what's on these tapes?

I'm just trying to understand. I'm not siding with KC here, but this does seem a bit off. If it's priviledged info, it shouldn't be released (unless of course, it shows them in some kind of compromising position or in a lip lock or something, but crying? I just don't get it - why would the DA's office release this? What does that prove?)
    The County is required to release public records pursuant to a public records request. The video recording is a public record.

IMO, that is a total violation of attorney-client privelege, another reason for an appeal......go ahead and release it.......it will only help his case.....
    na uh....attorney client privilege applies to what the client TELLS the attorney. Physical interaction is not privileged...much to Baez' frustration...imo
    JMO

"I...am not...stopping anymore...for you...to get...a file"

"It is not how these officers died that made them heroes, it is how they lived." Inscription on the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial, Washington, DC

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dax For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast