Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 175

Thread: Baez files yet another motion re: Video of Casey's reaction to remains found

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    210

    Baez files yet another motion re: Video of Casey's reaction to remains found

    I have never started a thread and hope this is the way to do it. If it isnt please feel free to delete or correct.

    JB has filed an emergency motion trying to block the release of the Video of Casey's reactions. He also has many more "demands" listed. He also wants to stop any future monitoring of him and Casey together.

    The actual motion is in PDF within the body of the article linked below

    It's interesting. Check it out

    http://www.wesh.com/news/18906812/detail.html

  2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Doodlelover For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    he wants to be special. they monitor EVERYTHING.

    just chillin' with my own kind!

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by yeknomaras View Post
    he wants to be special. they monitor EVERYTHING.
    Yes, they want more special treatment. Maybe he doesn't want any future licorice episodes taped.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disarray
    Posts
    6,866
    Yoda impression: Video... damning be it must....
    "Until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna crumble... until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna fail."

  6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gibby207 For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by yeknomaras View Post
    he wants to be special. they monitor EVERYTHING.

    With all these High Profile people he has surrounded himself with, why hasn't someone told him to STOP

    He filed the motion to stop it's release, now this?? His inexperience is really showing in a most negative way. Everyday this is getting more foolish!


    "There are two kinds of fools: those who can't change their opinions, and those who won't" ..... Josh Billings

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reeseeva For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    927
    Quote Originally Posted by yeknomaras View Post
    he wants to be special. they monitor EVERYTHING.
    Yes they do monitor everything.....and see everything too.

    JEFF ASHTON AND LINDA DRANE-BURDICK ARE MY HEROES!!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie0604 For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Little Rock
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodlelover View Post
    I have never started a thread and hope this is the way to do it. If it isnt please feel free to delete or correct.

    JB has filed an emergency motion trying to block the release of the Video of Casey's reactions. He also has many more "demands" listed. He also wants to stop any future monitoring of him and Casey together.

    The actual motion is in PDF within the body of the article linked below

    It's interesting. Check it out

    http://www.wesh.com/news/18906812/detail.html
    He cites a news online source?! Whoever heard of someone filing a legal document and citing a news story? I didn't go to law school, but I do know that you're supposed to cite legal cases, but not from what is reported, rather you use what is legally documented.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beaglebrd For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    flush flush
    Posts
    1,455
    From the latest Motion:

    "3. All meetings with client are protected by the attorney client privilege, even though the jail has done so in the past in the location they want us to meet in. Most times it has been in a vacant classroom."

    Whaaaa?

    "8. It is clear hornbook case law that every person who acts "under color of state law" that monitoring of such conversations violates this basis prohibition."

    IMO JB should stop affecting this weird "ok let's dumb it down to basics, guys-- even a first year law student knows this!"- posture. Because it's embarrassing. Because he has demonstrated many times that he doesn't know the basics.

    JB's latest emission is out of control! Dude needs help.

  14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nancy botwin For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    JSR's Avatar
    JSR is offline Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -Arthur Miller
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    5,803
    Seriously this man can't PROPERLY cite case law if his life depended on it. Hey Baez pick up a Bluebook!!! Hell, I'll even send you mine! His motions make my head hurt.

    It's amazing how he thinks he's so special and that no one should monitor him and Casey. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Again, he requests the jail to forget protocol and treat Casey like a "Princess". It's not the Ritz it's JAIL!

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JSR For This Useful Post:


  17. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    flush flush
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by beaglebrd View Post
    He cites a news online source?! Whoever heard of someone filing a legal document and citing a news story? I didn't go to law school, but I do know that you're supposed to cite legal cases, but not from what is reported, rather you use what is legally documented.
    Oddly I just cited that online source and the actual case last night when posting in another thread discussing the issues covered in his latest motion.

    If I can do it while watching The Real Housewives of NYC, you can do it too JB!

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to nancy botwin For This Useful Post:


  19. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,824
    I say -- the judge will get a smirk then get irritated over the attention that JB is looking for with this one. Basically as I read it, JB is telling the judge, he the judge, needs to understand the constitution. As amended and written by JB.

    Not a good thing to do, JB, not at all.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to countzero For This Useful Post:


  21. #12
    JSR's Avatar
    JSR is offline Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -Arthur Miller
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    5,803
    In my opinion, JB just doesn't stick to the law in any of his motions. He inappropriately throws things in motions that he shouldn't. He put too many details in this motion knowing it would be released to the public, as all pleadings are unless filed under seal. He's creating the drama himself, and it's NOT in the best interest of his client.

  22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JSR For This Useful Post:


  23. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    550
    Is it possible that KC was upset with JB b/c he told her that he was the one who anonymously reported where the body was? He had an ethical decision to make and he did it and KC was pouting and upset b/c now her goose was really cooked?
    "She will be mutha of the year" Rick Anthony's response to Cindy

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frenchvixen For This Useful Post:


  25. #14
    Can we have a "Going through the motions with Jose Baez" thread? Pretty please?

    He seriously boggles the mind.

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Khaki_Pants For This Useful Post:


  27. #15
    believe09's Avatar
    believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    26,344
    The language is pretty egregious in the motion, but maybe that is just me.

    For 2 seconds I thought he had a case, until I remembered that Caylee was not ID'd until around 12/18, so this was still an ongoing investigation on 12/11 and I suspect the request for the tapes to be saved will be considered legit. They may not survive a supression hearing, but I think they will be released. Clearly detectives wanted to know if Casey knew whose body had been found. Asked/Answered by her reaction I believe.

    "Unleash the lawyers..."
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:


  29. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,717
    Quote Originally Posted by nancy botwin View Post
    From the latest Motion:

    "3. All meetings with client are protected by the attorney client privilege, even though the jail has done so in the past in the location they want us to meet in. Most times it has been in a vacant classroom."

    Whaaaa?

    "8. It is clear hornbook case law that every person who acts "under color of state law" that monitoring of such conversations violates this basis prohibition."

    IMO JB should stop affecting this weird "ok let's dumb it down to basics, guys-- even a first year law student knows this!"- posture. Because it's embarrassing. Because he has demonstrated many times that he doesn't know the basics.

    JB's latest emission is out of control! Dude needs help.
    Bless ya, Nancy.....#3 is exactly the one I asked about in the other thread. WHAT did the jail do so in the past?

  30. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,717
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    The language is pretty egregious in the motion, but maybe that is just me.

    For 2 seconds I thought he had a case, until I remembered that Caylee was not ID'd until around 12/18, so this was still an ongoing investigation on 12/11 and I suspect the request for the tapes to be saved will be considered legit. They may not survive a supression hearing, but I think they will be released. Clearly detectives wanted to know if Casey knew whose body had been found. Asked/Answered by her reaction I believe.

    "Unleash the lawyers..."
    Heck, having to have jail personnel tell him TWICE not to touch his client seems grounds enough to videotape all meetings between them.

  31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:


  32. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    flush flush
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    Bless ya, Nancy.....#3 is exactly the one I asked about in the other thread. WHAT did the jail do so in the past?
    I know! It bodes poorly when one has to before moving onto the second page. Complete Sentence Patrol, JB!

    I read and reread that part 3 times because I figured I was being dense. This reads like JB needs to get a lot more sleep, or something?? IMO this is his worst motion to date. Maybe just because it's the longest??

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nancy botwin For This Useful Post:


  34. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    B&R DuPage Co., Il..now living 50 mi from Orlando
    Posts
    428
    I absolutely cannot wait to see JB perjure himself tomorrow when he is asked to explain the money trail. I see it as: SOMEONE (Lee/CA/GA) selling "their" story and paying JB..either way, its not going to be pretyy. Also like the cheap shot the state put in there" from pauper to princess"....ouch!

    Maybe we will find out who this conneticut family is..if theres really one..

    Either way, I predict another steamroller in court tomorrow while JB "ums and uhs"
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Avatar: What else can be said after they name the "NFL Man of The Year Award" after him?

    "I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for the day."-Abraham Lincoln

    "The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." -Vince Lombardi

  35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valrico Analyzer For This Useful Post:


  36. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Liverpool Branch
    Posts
    5,280
    Quote Originally Posted by JSR View Post
    In my opinion, JB just doesn't stick to the law in any of his motions. He inappropriately throws things in motions that he shouldn't. He put too many details in this motion knowing it would be released to the public, as all pleadings are unless filed under seal. He's creating the drama himself, and it's NOT in the best interest of his client.
    Agreed, but it is in the best interests of JB -- increasing the stock value of the media rights that he holds to sell to the highest bidder. The whole Defense strategy has been creating DRAMA, to KC's cost.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.



    Justice for Caylee

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cyberborg For This Useful Post:


  38. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,717
    Quote Originally Posted by nancy botwin View Post
    I know! It bodes poorly when one has to before moving onto the second page. Complete Sentence Patrol, JB!

    I read and reread that part 3 times because I figured I was being dense. This reads like JB needs to get a lot more sleep, or something?? IMO this is his worst motion to date. Maybe just because it's the longest??
    I don't know. I think filing that affidavit with his client testifying might have been his low point.

  39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:


  40. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,685
    Quote Originally Posted by nancy botwin View Post
    From the latest Motion:

    "3. All meetings with client are protected by the attorney client privilege, even though the jail has done so in the past in the location they want us to meet in. Most times it has been in a vacant classroom."

    Whaaaa?

    "8. It is clear hornbook case law that every person who acts "under color of state law" that monitoring of such conversations violates this basis prohibition."

    IMO JB should stop affecting this weird "ok let's dumb it down to basics, guys-- even a first year law student knows this!"- posture. Because it's embarrassing. Because he has demonstrated many times that he doesn't know the basics.

    JB's latest emission is out of control! Dude needs help.
    And as every first year law student knows, it's "hornbook law" not "hornbook case law" you nimwit JB!

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to SoCalSleuth For This Useful Post:


  42. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    706
    I am about as sick of JB as I am KC. I wish they would toss him off the case, this man is a joke and has no business trying a case such as this.

  43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pollywog For This Useful Post:


  44. #24
    ecs5298's Avatar
    ecs5298 is offline Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL & Hardwood Mulch King & Bacon Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    United States of Bacon
    Posts
    9,287
    I'll start out by saying I am not a lawyer and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

    What I really want to know is who and when can someone in authority stand up and say "enough is enough". I cannot believe that JB is this inept an attorney. He has to be up to something.

    My DW was asking the same question and the only thing that I could come up with is that her first trial will be declared a mistrial or overturned on appeal due to ineffective counsel. Is he betting that the state won't want to spend the money again to do a whole trial over again? That's a pretty gutsy move considering his client sits in jail all this time. I mean, according to you guys, he's missing stuff that a first year law student would catch. He's got LKB on board, she may not be a genious but she has to know better. I just feel this guy is playing a game. Maybe he is that stupid or blinded by lust to be effective counsel. Is there any way the court can step in and say "Look, you're an idiot and you better step down from the case or you're going to lose your chance to appeal on grounds of ineffective counsel".

    Please, someone tell me that the Florida Bar isn't so easy to pass that someone like JB can get away with being a practicing defense attorney. Because, if it is, I'm on my way down there to hang up a shingle.
    "When it all goes down the crapper, don't come crying to me. You were warned" - ecs5298, November 6, 2012

  45. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ecs5298 For This Useful Post:


  46. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    636
    Okay, I wasn't going to even give Baez the pleasure of reading or commenting on his nonsense, but he used the word "booted" in this document? I had to rub my eyes on this one. Where does he think these cases remotely apply to what Casey's situation is?

  47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zuckerschnecke For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nejame Files Motion to Strike for TES/Baez 7/16/09 Motion
    By Drivenon in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 408
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 09:38 AM
  2. Casey's Reaction to Found Remains was Video Taped
    By whiteangora in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 492
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 11:10 PM
  3. Baez files motion for JG DNA report showing he's not the father 1/28/09
    By jnTexas in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 303
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 04:15 PM
  4. Baez files motion to keep KC out of court -
    By yeknomaras in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 370
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 02:48 PM
  5. Attorney Files Motion To Block Testing
    By Cher352 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 01:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •