Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Missing Since : February 18, 2006 from Pemberton Township, New Jersey
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: February 17, 1970
Height and Weight: 5'4 - 5'5, 90 - 100 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes.
Medical Conditions: Grater was addicted to drugs at the time of her disappearance.

Details of Disappearance Grater on the morning of February 18, 2006, the day after her thirty-sixth birthday, at her residence in Pemberton Township, New Jersey. She told her father, whom she lived with, that she was going to ride her orange bicycle to the Wawa convenience store on Lakehurst Road in the Country Lakes section of the township. Grater never returned home and has never been heard from again. She was not reported missing until March.

Although there is no hard evidence of foul play in Grater's case, authorities consider her disappearance suspicious. At the time she went missing she was preparing to enter a drug treatment center and had packed her belongings. She took nothing with her when she disappeared except her bicycle, and there's been no activity on her bank account or credit cards since she was last seen. She has gone missing before, but never for this long, and it's uncharacteristic of her to abandon her teenage daughter. Her case remains unsolved.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Pemberton Township Police Department 609-894-3308
Source Information New Jersey State Police
Myspace page for Stacey

2 posts on Topix-
stacey grater ,still missing since feb 18,2006
stacey grater 2 years too long ptpd?

Attachments

• GraterStacey.jpg
    GraterStacey.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 181
Has she been entered into the database at doenetwork.org? or thecharleyproject.org?

Not sure what our local police have done.
I'll see if I can make better contact with the family.

Sorry, yes. I actually had that in my original post but had 2 windows going, forgot to copy it in.

Stacey at Charley Project

I do not see her on doe network.

==============================

I used to live in the area. I'm not sure what part of Country Lakes she's from. We have a lot of state forest property, as well as military land & cranberry bogs. The store she was going to is on a main road.

I'll see if I can talk directly to her daughter.

im one of the main people who was the ones who called the police to report her missing...there are alot of errors in the info that you have on there..she didnt leave on her orange bike we found her bike in her fathers house..She wasnt a drug addict when she dissapeared she was enter a detox center for methadone becuase she wanted to be done with taking those types of meds..she made a call to her councelor and also her sponsor the night she went missing and said that her father had threatened that he was going to kill her but it was a weekend she also called our local police and reported domestic violence to the police and when they went to the house they never followed up and checked the house to see if she was in there..there was alot of things that went on that i cant mention but when me and my mom called the police we were made aware that she was missing a month after she had disappeared...this is just a complete injustice to what and who she was my family feel they looked at her as if she was a drug addict becuase one of the detectives said once a drug addict always a drug addict to us when we were talking to him and that is why we feel that they feel she was disposable and not important...she is still missing and her father is taughting my mother every chance he gets with some horrible things he has said like you want me to show you were i burried your sister and the cops havnt done nothing its a shame that we cant even trust our own police to protect us...Melissa

im one of the main people who was the ones who called the police to report her missing...there are alot of errors in the info that you have on there..she didnt leave on her orange bike we found her bike in her fathers house..She wasnt a drug addict when she dissapeared she was enter a detox center for methadone becuase she wanted to be done with taking those types of meds..she made a call to her councelor and also her sponsor the night she went missing and said that her father had threatened that he was going to kill her but it was a weekend she also called our local police and reported domestic violence to the police and when they went to the house they never followed up and checked the house to see if she was in there..there was alot of things that went on that i cant mention but when me and my mom called the police we were made aware that she was missing a month after she had disappeared...this is just a complete injustice to what and who she was my family feel they looked at her as if she was a drug addict becuase one of the detectives said once a drug addict always a drug addict to us when we were talking to him and that is why we feel that they feel she was disposable and not important...she is still missing and her father is taughting my mother every chance he gets with some horrible things he has said like you want me to show you were i burried your sister and the cops havnt done nothing its a shame that we cant even trust our own police to protect us...Melissa

Hi Melissa, glad you could make it here.

The info that I posted was from what I could find. I wanted to get her listed here as a favor to Jason as my son knows him.

As I said, I used to live in Country Lakes; so I know what the cops are like there. Most of the time they are sitting around Wawa drinking coffee. You probably know my old house if you drive on Spring Lake Blvd.. the house with all of the flowers.

I'm sorry that she hasn't been found yet.

im sorry if i sounded upset i just get really mad at them for saying she was a drug addict at the time and im mad at them for saying she left on her bike i know that is what they originally said when she went missing it just makes her look like she just left and went on a drug binge i mean dont you think so even though the bike was found in the house im not mad at you you are just stating what was first reported it has gotten so frustrating yea that is what they are known for the day we went out for search with the dogs in whitesbog thats what they did left while we were doing that and went and got coffee like its was a normal day with nothing important to doi appreciate you doing this and i remember you yes im jason cousin i used to stay at there house all the time when they were living in country lakes so yes i think i remember your house it has them and us very upset i did let jessica his sister know that you were searching for them well him anyway and told her to get ahold of you he has been quite busy latly cuz he just got married to his girl and has a baby on the way if not already here not sure its been a little bit since i spoke with her so that could be why he hasnt gotten ahold of you thank you for your help it is appreciated

Welcome Staceysniece:

You could contact Charley Project and ask them to add the details
you have about Stacey.

fwiw:
I can understand your frustration with how your aunt
has been portrayed in public,
but one thing to remember
is at WS
we look at finding people and
it does not matter how
things are perceived.

A friend of ours from Country Lakes came by 2 weeks ago. It's funny that she mentioned Stacey out of the blue.

Have they searched her dad's property? I'm not exactly sure where they lived, think past Ricardo's going towards 70; my friend said that there is a lot of blueberry bogs there

On south new jersey craigslist...another cry for help with this case...someone must know something....the year listed above is different by one year but this is the same person
http://southjersey.craigslist.org/com/2184418996.html to contact the person who posted this.
------------------------------------------------------

I need advice please help!
Date: 2011-01-28, 6:49AM

Hello everyone I need some advice My mother Stacey Grater has been missing since February 17 2005.
The police department has done nothing to help find her. My mother status is an endangered missing person.
There is suspicion that it was foul play but the police have really done nothing to help my family have closure.
There has been no activity on my mother's bank account and all her medications that she needed to survive
were left at the residence so was her wallet and clothes. The police department I feel have written my mother
off as a drug addict that don't matter. My mother was a recovering addict that was going into a treatment center
and was happy to begin a new life. There are many unknowns with what happened to my mother but myself
and my family believe she is no longer with us. We just want closure and answers and hopefully justice.
Does anyone have any advice what I can do to make the police department do something to help my family.
Also is there anything I can do to remind people that my mother is still missing and get the news out. When
she first went missing we posted flyers all around town and the surrounding areas. She was on the news but
they only ran it once.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

My initial reaction is: if the bike was found in the house, where is the evidence that she ever left the house? Is there any way we can force the police to reopen the case? Does the father still live in the same house?

Happy ending to Tammy Jordan case but others from the county still missing

The case of Tamela "Tammy" Jordan's disappearance remained open for nearly 10 years. No matter how cold the trail went, the search never ended and police continued to publicize the Burlington Township teenager's disappearance in hopes of finding a fresh lead or clue to her whereabouts.

[snip]

But others remain missing.

[snip]

Stacey Grater, 36, of Pemberton Township disappeared Feb. 18, 2006, after she rode her bicycle from her home in Whitesbog Village to the Country Lakes Wawa store on Lakehurst Road. Months later, she had made no contact with friends or family and has made no withdrawals from her bank accounts. State police have searched the woods surrounding Whitesbog with a helicopter and Pemberton Township officers have scoured the same areas with all-terrain-vehicles but have found no signs of her.

More: http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/loc...cle_bfd48c3a-3667-544f-b5b3-1d61bc4918ec.html

I'd assume the family would be contacted by now if there was a chance it was her. The news guy said "she" like they know the body is female. If I'm right; that dirt road goes back to the section of Country Lakes that we lived in. I hope her family gets closure. It's been a long time.

Human Remains Found in Burlington County - Body found in wooded area of Browns Mills, NJ - By Dan Stamm - Monday, Jun 18, 2012

Human remains were found over the weekend in a rural area of Pemberton Township, N.J.

The remains were found in a wooded area off Lakehurst Road (County Route 530) near Quail Run Road that is normally used by dirt bike and ATV riders, Pemberton Township Police told NBC10 Monday.

The prosecutor's office was handling the case.

Around 9:45 a.m. Sunday, two people riding motorcycles along the trail discovered the body, which was in an advanced state of decomposition, the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office said in a press release.

Officials say that the medical examiner and police spent about 12 hours on the scene Sunday. The body appeared to be a women's but no official word could be given on the gender of the body until an autopsy was performed.

An autopsy was planned for Monday, prosecutors said.

It wasn’t clear how long ago that person died but officials did say the body likely had been there for six months or longer.

NBC10 has learned that authorities are pouring through recent missing persons cases in the area to see if any matches for the body come up and detectives say they even reached out to Philadelphia Police to see if the body matched any missing person cases in the city.

Map of the area

Where is Stacey Grater? - October 28, 2006

Stacey Grater Missing's Page Peace4

Spoke to someone that still lives there; they said that there haven't been any updates since the body was found.

This was so sad to read..
It's also rumored that the bones were not fully formed as an adults would be so it's possibly an older teenager :(

Are there any open cases of missing teens from that area?

--------------------------------------------

I have confirmation that the body was not Stacey :(
I wish they could get closure. My heart breaks for her daughter & family

Sounds like this lady was trying to turn her life around and had it snuffed out too soon! What can we do to help? :furious:

The father needs to take a poly. My opinion and speculation only, you will get closure there.

breaks my heart to read the "official" line on who stacey grater was and see how off it is to who her family knew her to be! even if she was a drug addict she would still deserve to be found (though it seems that she was actually a brave soul going through recovery)

i see that stacey's niece was here a few years ago. can anyone confirm what she said about the bike being found at the house? the article posted above and the charley project say she rode away and never came home, the family says different.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back