674 users online (73 members and 601 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Should Caylee pay for her Mother's defense

I think everyone realizes that the pictures of Caylee are paying for Casey's defense. The "dream team" is not doing it for free. LKB, Kobi, etc. don't defend people for free.

Thoughts?

It's obscene. It's like asking the target to pay for the firing squad's bullets.

No, I do not think Caylee should pay for her mother's----anythang. Poor lil baby gurl was "USED" enough by her mother when she was alive. ----------She should be left in peace.

I find this possibility beyond disgusting. I posted a thread last night with info on Florida's Son of Sam laws and if she's convicted, it looks to me like the state can go after any property or money she has, even if it was assigned to another person.

I wonder if that means the state could go after any attorneys or experts who had been paid with money from sold photos to recoup the funds?

I think it's probably common knowledge that Caylee is paying for her Mom's defense. I also find it abhorrent. Selling pictures of Caylee..... criminal in itself. Baez, watch out, they're coming after you. Conflict of interest big time.

Should Caylee pay for Casey's defense?? Oh, H3ll no!

Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    Should Caylee pay for Casey's defense?? Oh, H3ll no!

Well, that's what she's doing!

ABSOLUTELY not!
    "I've always found brilliance untempered by failure is purely arrogance, but brilliance that has overcome failure can be truly useful to your fellow man." ~~~Paul Zuckerman, Attorney at Law

All posts are my opinion only.

I think its just awful. Criminal actually.

It's like a husband killing his wife, collecting insurance on her death and using it to buy a great defense team so he can get away with killing her.

Where oh where is the justice in that

No, and I sooooo wish that counsel (sort of a post-mortem guardian ad litem) could be appointed to look after Caylee's interests in this matter. I know it is legally not possible, however, it seems obscene that making money off of photographs/videos of Caylee is adding insult to....well, her murder. Something just isn't right about Caylee, however indirectly, aiding in paying for the defense of the mother who murdered her. Caylee loved and trusted KC. At the very least, the exploitation should cease post-death. It breaks my heart that there is no one (except the State of FL) fighting for justice for Caylee. Everytime I see courtroom video of the Anthonys sitting behind KC I want to throw up. I empathize and understand standing behind your only daughter and hoping to help in whatever way to save her life, but it is so obvious tiny, innocent little Caylee is sooooo alone.

I seriously doubt that anyone is going to answer "yes, I think it's a good thing for Caylee to pay for Casey's defense". Just sayin...

The truest love there is

Morally- ABSOLUTELY not

But the laws allow it. The Menedez brothers used up all of their parents money. I think if a person is convicted, they should have to pay it back, even if it takes a lifetime of $.50 prison pay and no Pop Tart money.
    What if the hokey-pokey is what it is all about?

Quote Originally Posted by dunlurken View Post
    I think everyone realizes that the pictures of Caylee are paying for Casey's defense. The "dream team" is not doing it for free. LKB, Kobi, etc. don't defend people for free.

Thoughts?
    NO! She has already paid for her Mother's selfishness, and paid the highest price...with her life. Casey robbed her daughter of so may things to pay for her "freedom."

Then what's the issue that Baez is fighting?

Helloooooooooo! I'm feeling invisible here. Like I said above, I looked up the Florida laws on this last night. It looks to me like the state CAN go after those funds, and any other property she may own, if she's convicted, even if she has them assigned to another person.

BTW, I searched for those laws in frustration after hearing NG for the umpteenth time cite an overturning of the federal law. Apparently no one on her staff can be bothered to look at the state law.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast