2009.03.12 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's finally talking about Haleigh.

Area searched hasn't been searched before and was not the result of a tip.

Art Harris reporting. Saying searchers were looking for something that might have been thrown out of a car. Also mentioned the door being removed from the house. Small family wedding today. Mentions custody fight between CS and RC. CS wants her children back, has hired lawyer to examine records, court transcripts, reopen custody hearing she doesn't feel was fair to the mother.

More about the wedding from another reporter. Honeymoon in NY.

Now to why take the door now? Expert saying the door should've been taken a long time ago. :waitasec:

Nancy talking on phone with CS lawyer. Just got into town and attended a candlelight vigil for Haleigh, has a candle that she'll keep forever. Two emergencies: Haleigh needs to be found, and has credible evidence that Jr. is at risk with regard to being with RC/MC.

The psychologist (with the blond hair) on NG said that it's "reprehensible" that CS is doing this (custody fight) now.

The psychologist (with the blond hair) on NG said that it's "reprehensible" that CS is doing this (custody fight) now.

Wow!! Bethany Marshall is in need of a psychologist herself. What does she think of Ron getting married now? That's not reprehensible??

I do wonder about them taking the door for evidence, and why now? Seems very strange that they would wait a month, unless they have new information, and I can't imagine what that would be.

She's finally talking about Haleigh.

Area searched hasn't been searched before and was not the result of a tip.

Art Harris reporting. Saying searchers were looking for something that might have been thrown out of a car. Also mentioned the door being removed from the house. Small family wedding today. Mentions custody fight between CS and RC. CS wants her children back, has hired lawyer to examine records, court transcripts, reopen custody hearing she doesn't feel was fair to the mother.

More about the wedding from another reporter. Honeymoon in NY.
I wonder if it has something to do with what TN reported as "missing"?

Woah, wait a minute...Ron wouldn't leave the tent, because he needed to be close to the last place he saw Haleigh...but he's going to NY for the honeymoon? Alrighty then.
I'll go dish up that crow now, I'm gonna be eating some soon, I think.

I do wonder about them taking the door for evidence, and why now? Seems very strange that they would wait a month, unless they have new information, and I can't imagine what that would be.

I was wondering about that myself; perhaps they are going to find that it contains ONLY Misti and Ron's prints. No mysterious kidnapper's prints anywhere to be found. And that would put a huge hole in their story.

LE taking the back door after all this time is strange to say the least. I would have thought they would have taken that door the very first day Haleigh was reported missing, considering they were thinking the perp took her out that very door. I'm sure LE dusted the door for any and all prints on scene, so what other clue could the door hold that would require it's remove for further examination?

Ok, about the door...did they take the screen door or the solid door with the dead bolt lock on it?...Is it possible that because there was no obvious break in evidence, that the key hole on the outside will be able to show if a key was recently used to gain entrance? The only way to get into a dead bolt locked door is to either kick it in destroying it, or with a key. Ron stated they never used the back door, so there would be no need to insert a key to enter into the MH...Will the inside of that lock show fresh key scrapping?

I am sure LE has already printed the doors so I don't know why it would be seized.

Ron and Misty were apparently thinking of getting married anyway according to Lisa Croslin, who was asking them to wait until Misty was 18. So, they pushed up the wedding to today and Misty's parents signed their approval/permission.

Even if the wedding was to thwart Crystal's attempt to take Jr. from Ron, so what? They were getting married anyway and who wouldn't rush the plans if it meant keeping custody of one's child? I can't see a better reason to marry quickly than to retain custody of my child. Crystal of course, can not do this as her 'fiance'" is still married to someone else.

And, they aren't the first people to get an all-expense paid trip to NY to appear on a talk show after a personal tragedy. So, if you want to call this trip a Honeymoon - fine but I think the trip would have been offered, marriage or not.

Isn't the point to keep the story alive? Isn't this what we all want - to keep Haleigh in the news? Well, with no information coming from LE, no searches, no tips, no clues, this may be the only way to keep her plight in the media's sight.

I still think that Ron and Misty are innocent people and wish everyone would stop picking them apart.

Wow!! Bethany Marshall is in need of a psychologist herself. What does she think of Ron getting married now? That's not reprehensible??

I lost what little respect I had for her at that moment.

Woah, wait a minute...Ron wouldn't leave the tent, because he needed to be close to the last place he saw Haleigh...but he's going to NY for the honeymoon? Alrighty then.
I'll go dish up that crow now, I'm gonna be eating some soon, I think.

Don't worry, we all get our chance at some point.

through logical deduction we can say that LE did NOT take the screen door for:

*prints (they already lifted prints and the doors been cleaned).
*to show how it slammed shut (the entire door frame would have been taken for this).
*trace evidence such as dna (evidence would have been extracted & tested while in police custody)

which leaves:

*prints of someone who has recently been there and used that door (someone they didn't have enough evidence to subpoena or get a court order for?)
*the door itself is evidence, such as scrapings or marks showing that a brick had been used many times to hold it open.

If anyone can think of more, please add to the list.

I am sure LE has already printed the doors so I don't know why it would be seized.

Ron and Misty were apparently thinking of getting married anyway according to Lisa Croslin, who was asking them to wait until Misty was 18. So, they pushed up the wedding to today and Misty's parents signed their approval/permission.

Even if the wedding was to thwart Crystal's attempt to take Jr. from Ron, so what? They were getting married anyway and who wouldn't rush the plans if it meant keeping custody of one's child? I can't see a better reason to marry quickly than to retain custody of my child. Crystal of course, can not do this as her 'fiance'" is still married to someone else.

And, they aren't the first people to get an all-expense paid trip to NY to appear on a talk show after a personal tragedy. So, if you want to call this trip a Honeymoon - fine but I think the trip would have been offered, marriage or not.

Isn't the point to keep the story alive? Isn't this what we all want - to keep Haleigh in the news? Well, with no information coming from LE, no searches, no tips, no clues, this may be the only way to keep her plight in the media's sight.

I still think that Ron and Misty are innocent people and wish everyone would stop picking them apart.

Who is he married to ? His divorce from Helen was final in 2006, did he marry again, because I couldn't find any records of him marrying after that.

Actually, I might be fighting for custody if I thought my ex's negligence (or his gf's) caused my child to be kidnapped. Or if I felt the company he kept might be involved.

I"m not saying any of this is true about RC, but CS is prob thinking it is.

Bethany wasn't asked what she thought about the wedding or about Ron and Misty. She was just asked about the custody case. I think she is right though...this is no time to get into a battle over custody. That will take the focus off of Haleigh and on the battle.

Right after my daughter was murdered the killer's (ex husband) mom and stepfather decided they wanted custody of my granddaughter who was almost 5 at the time. So they got an attorney and the war was on. It was really awful following right on the heals of the murder. We battled for 3 1/2 years and it was ugly. Trying to grieve and stay strong for the custody battle is really hell. I feel bad for Ron having to go through this while Haleigh is still missing.

It was said on Nancy by..I can't remember who...that they thought LE was looking for tool marks and things like that on the door. They couldn't be looking for fingerprints as so many people have been in and out of there lately including media.

through logical deduction we can say that LE did NOT take the screen door for:

*prints (they already lifted prints and the doors been cleaned).
*to show how it slammed shut (the entire door frame would have been taken for this).
*trace evidence such as dna (evidence would have been extracted & tested while in police custody)

which leaves:

*prints of someone who has recently been there and used that door (someone they didn't have enough evidence to subpoena or get a court order for?)
*the door itself is evidence, such as scrapings or marks showing that a brick had been used many times to hold it open.

If anyone can think of more, please add to the list.

* To take apart the dead bolt lock to see if a key had been recently used for entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni