1350 users online (196 members and 1154 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Scott Peterson vs. KC - Which case has/had more evidence in favor of the prosecution?

Voters
713. You may not vote on this poll
  • Casey Anthony

642 90.04%
  • Scott Peterson

71 9.96%

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by trixi491 View Post
    IMO, these cases are very similiar in the fact that both are relying/relied on mainly circumstantial evidence. They also deal with an individual being charged with killing their loved ones (with children involved in both cases) and then claiming a kidnapping or disappearance. What bugs me is that SP got the death penalty and they are not even seeking it for KC when there is way more evidence against KC than there was Scott IMO. Agree? Disagree?
    I agree that there is more evidence against KC, however, I think the reason that the State has removed the DP against KC is because they may anticipate what type of defense JB is going to play for KC. It may be easier for some jurors to give KC life than death because she may be portrayed by the defense as a young, emotionally disturbed first time mother, who maybe didn't want a baby, who was controlled by her own mother, who was immature and influenced by peers who were into partying, etc. etc., (some jurors may buy that crap, excuse me.. story). That may have been why they removed the death penalty. Personally I'm okay with that. Because I think that life in prison for her will be worse than the death penalty, JMO. There's a lot of forensic evidence against her, much more than SP, but he was charged with two deaths (LP and CP).

JEFF ASHTON AND LINDA DRANE-BURDICK ARE MY HEROES!!

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid
    The only way Scott could kill someone he loved is suicide.
    Adnoid, you really hit the target on that quote. Truer words were never spoken.
    Last edited by adnoid; 03-13-2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Fix quote

I fear that the state is actually scared of the "dream team". I hope that is not the reason for the DP currently not in play. KC's case has a lot more to offer than SP's did.

Lots more smaller evidence with KC than SP but the evidence was larger episodes it seemed to me with SP. Fishing on Christmas morning, the secret boat, the market umbrellas, watching the searchers on the Bay; it just seems the investigators have more work on their hands with puzzle pieces with KC than SP. I don't care if KC lives to be 100 in jail - so long as she's never a free woman.

I don't know all of the details in the SP case, but in regards to the KC case I think they have enough to convict her. The other side of my brain says all the defense has to do is create reasonable doubt in one juror and she can get off. But then again with all the evidence against her what kind of doubt could possibly be presented that she did not kill her child.

Casey has more evidence against her.

I think the DP will be brought back. They have no reason to 'show their cards now' as Bumbling Baez would say. I think they want to keep Baez on the job as long as they can. He gives them some much needed laughter in such a horrible case.

Quote Originally Posted by Where's Andre View Post
    While I agree that there is more evidence against Casey, the simple fact is she's female and a (edit: former) mother. Regardless of quantity and quality of evidence, a story of man killing a pregnant wife is just universally far easier for a jury to acccept and punish, than a young woman killing her toddler daughter.
    I disagree completely. Both cases essentially come down to a parent murdering his/her child. Nope, don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    The best kind of evidence there is.

The only way Scott could kill someone he loved is suicide.
    Now, that's the best post of the week!

Quote Originally Posted by Issi View Post
    Oh man... there is way more circumstantial evidence in this case over the Scott/Stacy Peterson case.

The only thing that could have made it worse for KC is if she had dyed her hair, stashed thousands of dollars on her person... and then tried to make it across the Mexican border.
    Sorry to be petty but wanted to point out her name was Laci.
    I know there is a different case with a different Stacey Peterson.
    Free online muder mystery game!http://www.murdermysteryinvestigations.com

In memory of Laci and Conner and my wonderful grandparents Joan and Les - I love you guys

The one fact that immediately leaps to mind as different between Scott Peterson and KC is this:

The likelihood of a wife going jogging and not reported missing for a few hours is high... in fact LE would probably not act on it immediately.

The likelihood of a 3 year old child missing for a month and unreported is miniscule.

IMO.. When LE heard the words "a month" the case against KC began building from that moment, and after following up on her story / debunking her trail of lies, all efforts not focused on Kaylee's recovery were focused on gathering evidence against KC.

Quote Originally Posted by KenoshaKid View Post
    "Give me one more day"

Very well stated!

The truest love there is

Quote Originally Posted by jon_burrows View Post
    Casey has more evidence against her.

I think the DP will be brought back. They have no reason to 'show their cards now' as Bumbling Baez would say. I think they want to keep Baez on the job as long as they can. He gives them some much needed laughter in such a horrible case.
    I hope they bring back the DP, but I have a sinking suspicion that they won't.

The truest love there is

Quote Originally Posted by Clock's Tickin View Post
    I fear that the state is actually scared of the "dream team". I hope that is not the reason for the DP currently not in play. KC's case has a lot more to offer than SP's did.
    Really? I get the impression that they are disgusted with them

The truest love there is

I voted KC's case has more evidence. It may be due in part to the sunshine law, but I feel like the SP case was "winnable" so KC's should be a landslide!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Geesh, I was just thinking this also. I wish we had some "wired up" tapes of Casey at work. Blaming people for her situation. Bad mouthing her parents/brother. Something so obvious that her parents would be fools, by her words, for supporting her. They would have to logically take off the
    blinders and join all of us who see the truth of her lies. I just don't understand them.
    Well, there are text messages between KC and 'friends' before her arrest where she was touting how much she completely trusted her nanny AFTER Caylee was supposedly kidnapped by ZFG.

Also, her beloved boyfriend TL sent her texts just before KC went to jail stating: ""Y wouldn't u tell me of all people?" "Why would you lie to me thinking she was fine and with your nanny?"

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast