1350 users online (196 members and 1154 guests)  


Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Scott Peterson vs. KC - Which case has/had more evidence in favor of the prosecution?

Voters
713. You may not vote on this poll
  • Casey Anthony

    642 90.04%
  • Scott Peterson

    71 9.96%

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 218
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by trixi491 View Post
    IMO, these cases are very similiar in the fact that both are relying/relied on mainly circumstantial evidence. They also deal with an individual being charged with killing their loved ones (with children involved in both cases) and then claiming a kidnapping or disappearance. What bugs me is that SP got the death penalty and they are not even seeking it for KC when there is way more evidence against KC than there was Scott IMO. Agree? Disagree?
    I agree that there is more evidence against KC, however, I think the reason that the State has removed the DP against KC is because they may anticipate what type of defense JB is going to play for KC. It may be easier for some jurors to give KC life than death because she may be portrayed by the defense as a young, emotionally disturbed first time mother, who maybe didn't want a baby, who was controlled by her own mother, who was immature and influenced by peers who were into partying, etc. etc., (some jurors may buy that crap, excuse me.. story). That may have been why they removed the death penalty. Personally I'm okay with that. Because I think that life in prison for her will be worse than the death penalty, JMO. There's a lot of forensic evidence against her, much more than SP, but he was charged with two deaths (LP and CP).

    JEFF ASHTON AND LINDA DRANE-BURDICK ARE MY HEROES!!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by adnoid
    The only way Scott could kill someone he loved is suicide.
    Adnoid, you really hit the target on that quote. Truer words were never spoken.
    Last edited by adnoid; 03-13-2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Fix quote

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    594
    I fear that the state is actually scared of the "dream team". I hope that is not the reason for the DP currently not in play. KC's case has a lot more to offer than SP's did.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    702
    Lots more smaller evidence with KC than SP but the evidence was larger episodes it seemed to me with SP. Fishing on Christmas morning, the secret boat, the market umbrellas, watching the searchers on the Bay; it just seems the investigators have more work on their hands with puzzle pieces with KC than SP. I don't care if KC lives to be 100 in jail - so long as she's never a free woman.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    66
    I don't know all of the details in the SP case, but in regards to the KC case I think they have enough to convict her. The other side of my brain says all the defense has to do is create reasonable doubt in one juror and she can get off. But then again with all the evidence against her what kind of doubt could possibly be presented that she did not kill her child.

  6. #36
    Casey has more evidence against her.

    I think the DP will be brought back. They have no reason to 'show their cards now' as Bumbling Baez would say. I think they want to keep Baez on the job as long as they can. He gives them some much needed laughter in such a horrible case.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Where's Andre View Post
    While I agree that there is more evidence against Casey, the simple fact is she's female and a (edit: former) mother. Regardless of quantity and quality of evidence, a story of man killing a pregnant wife is just universally far easier for a jury to acccept and punish, than a young woman killing her toddler daughter.
    I disagree completely. Both cases essentially come down to a parent murdering his/her child. Nope, don't buy it.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    The best kind of evidence there is.



    The only way Scott could kill someone he loved is suicide.
    Now, that's the best post of the week!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Issi View Post
    Oh man... there is way more circumstantial evidence in this case over the Scott/Stacy Peterson case.


    The only thing that could have made it worse for KC is if she had dyed her hair, stashed thousands of dollars on her person... and then tried to make it across the Mexican border.
    Sorry to be petty but wanted to point out her name was Laci.
    I know there is a different case with a different Stacey Peterson.
    Free online muder mystery game!http://www.murdermysteryinvestigations.com


    In memory of Laci and Conner and my wonderful grandparents Joan and Les - I love you guys

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    132
    The one fact that immediately leaps to mind as different between Scott Peterson and KC is this:

    The likelihood of a wife going jogging and not reported missing for a few hours is high... in fact LE would probably not act on it immediately.

    The likelihood of a 3 year old child missing for a month and unreported is miniscule.

    IMO.. When LE heard the words "a month" the case against KC began building from that moment, and after following up on her story / debunking her trail of lies, all efforts not focused on Kaylee's recovery were focused on gathering evidence against KC.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by KenoshaKid View Post
    "Give me one more day"

    Very well stated!

    The truest love there is

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by jon_burrows View Post
    Casey has more evidence against her.

    I think the DP will be brought back. They have no reason to 'show their cards now' as Bumbling Baez would say. I think they want to keep Baez on the job as long as they can. He gives them some much needed laughter in such a horrible case.
    I hope they bring back the DP, but I have a sinking suspicion that they won't.

    The truest love there is

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Clock's Tickin View Post
    I fear that the state is actually scared of the "dream team". I hope that is not the reason for the DP currently not in play. KC's case has a lot more to offer than SP's did.
    Really? I get the impression that they are disgusted with them

    The truest love there is

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    west of Middle of Nowhere Missouri
    Posts
    315
    I voted KC's case has more evidence. It may be due in part to the sunshine law, but I feel like the SP case was "winnable" so KC's should be a landslide!

  15. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Geesh, I was just thinking this also. I wish we had some "wired up" tapes of Casey at work. Blaming people for her situation. Bad mouthing her parents/brother. Something so obvious that her parents would be fools, by her words, for supporting her. They would have to logically take off the
    blinders and join all of us who see the truth of her lies. I just don't understand them.
    Well, there are text messages between KC and 'friends' before her arrest where she was touting how much she completely trusted her nanny AFTER Caylee was supposedly kidnapped by ZFG.

    Also, her beloved boyfriend TL sent her texts just before KC went to jail stating: ""Y wouldn't u tell me of all people?" "Why would you lie to me thinking she was fine and with your nanny?"

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast