1252 users online (291 members and 961 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Exclamation UPDATED PLEASE READ:No Name Calling or Using Negative variations on Player Names

REMINDER
    Please remember, substituting mocking, derogatory, or insulting names for proper names of any player is not allowed.
    Last edited by JBean; 04-15-2009 at 12:54 AM.

reminder
    Last edited by JBean; 04-15-2009 at 01:15 PM.

What about using mocking or derogatory names and images in signatures? Been seeing quite a few of those floating around lately...

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneBoothBandit View Post
    What about using mocking or derogatory names and images in signatures? Been seeing quite a few of those floating around lately...
    Please report and they are considered on a case by case basis. thanks PBB

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Time For A Reminder

Dear Websleuths Members,

In the past year Websleuths has moved to the top of the crop of true crime discussion forums. This is due to you and your informative and insightful posts.

That's why I am very dismayed when I come on this forum and read things like, "I want her to slit her wrists or " I hope she dies in prison"Things of this nature.

Rude posting has no place on Websleuths. This includes directing these type of posts toward Casey Anthony.

You can get your message across without being vile and harsh.

Back to my first paragraph. Because we strive to keep Websleuths an interesting, mature, and informative forum, we have become the first source people all over the world check to find out the latest.

It is a constant battle to get people in law enforcement, the media, and people in general to understand that Websleuths is not like the other forums. We strive to rise above the garbage. When we do get people in these professions to come to Websleuths they are always impressed. However, this is very hard to do when I read the type of posting that has been happening lately.

Since all the moderation is voluntary we can't have someone sit on the forum 24/7 and we shouldn't have to.

This is an easy problem to fix.

If you feel you still want to post in a rude, name calling, harsh, and mean manner then you will be banned. No warning.

We will ban fast and move on.

The best way to avoid any problem is ask yourself if what you are going to post will be informative or useful to people who read it. Wishing someone would die a horrible death doesn't help the discussion.

Please help the moderators and me keep Websleuths the classy and interesting forum we all know it can be.

Take care,
    Tricia
    Help our Administrator Bessie
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT