1124 users online (231 members and 893 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IN - Lilianna Goodmann, 14 mos, beaten to death, Indianapolis, 13 March 2009

I just want to cry!! At least 2 other adults were in that freaking apartment when this MONSTER was beating a baby - for more than an hour with a BELT!!!

Prayers that this little one survives.

There are no words for the man who did this (well, there are many words, but none are fit to print here.)

Indystar.com has updated the story. The child has passed on.

Quote Originally Posted by I AM THE 14 CAR View Post
    Indystar.com has updated the story. The child has passed on.
    Please tell me there is the death penalty for the monster who did this?

This is heartbreaking.

Oh my GOD. I understand we all have the god-given right to reproduce, but lord can't something be done for people like this BEFORE they have children? UGH!!! I am so tired of hearing about the terrible abuse of innocent children who only by *luck* of the draw are born to horrible, despicable people.

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local...uries_20090313

Link to article about Lilianna's passing.

"Tayaun Chism is charged with neglect and two charges of battery for allegedly administering the beating earlier this week." Snip from article.

He will face murder charges for this now, right?

Exclamation http://www.indystar.com/article/20090313/NEWS02/903130383/-1/ARCHIVE

National studies show that children who live in a household with an unrelated adult are nearly 50 times more likely to die from an inflicted injury than a child who lives with two biological parents. In more than 80 percent of the cases studied, the boyfriend of the child's mother was the killer.

Words fail me

I dont know what to say.

My mind can not even comprehend what that poor baby girl went through

He also beat up his girlfriend the mother who is PREGNANT

How the **** can a baby be disrespectful?! Ohhh this pisses me off so bad I cannot express what I am feeling without getting banned!!! I hope that POS gets some jailhouse justice everyday he is there. RIP sweet baby, they can't hurt you anymore.
    Happy New Years

This POS needs to leave the face of the earth. Now.

Plus there were other adults in the home when this beating was going on!!! They all need to be charged! He doesn't even look sorry in his mug shot. Piece of TRASH!

It also says another juvenile was present. Imagine how that will affect that's child life. How does someone become that evil by 18?! And, even though the mother was injured, I have to say, I would have died to save my child. Now she's having another one. This is just not right on so many levels. They need to just put the killer down; he is useless to society.

I think every adult bystander in that house needs to be jailed for life. Including the mother for staying with such a creep and not dying in the attempt to save her little baby girl.
    As for chism himself, I won't say what I think should happen because it would be a crime, but it should be swift and sure. I cannot understand the pure evil and cruelty necessary to do such a thing. I cannot understand it.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

IN - Lilianna Goodman, 14 mos, beaten to death, Indianapolis, 13 March 2009

Toddler beaten severelyfor not eating; Motherís live-in boyfriend arrested
    Updated: Thursday, 12 Mar 2009, 5:59 PM EDT
    Published : Thursday, 12 Mar 2009, 4:58 PM EDT

Deanna Dewberry
    Edited by Hyacinth Williams

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - A toddler is fighting for her life after suffering being beaten for more than hour. Authorities describe 14-month-old Lilianna Goodman's injuries as unstable and extremely critical.

On Thursday, police arrested 18-year-old Tayuan Chism, the mother's live-in boyfriend.

"The 14-month old girl was beaten with a belt for a period of 1 to 2 hours for disciplinary issues specifically that being not eating her food and failure to respect the suspect. So as a result of his feeling that he was disrespected, he has beaten the child for that duration," said IMPD Spokesman Paul Thompson.

Police believe Chism was angry, very angry. They say he beat Lilianna for not eating her food and failure to respect him.

Lilianna was taken to the Peyton Manning Children's Hospital at St. Vincent. Police believe Chism beat her mother, Rachel Goodman as well. But her injuries are not life threatening.

24-Hour News 8 located her Thursday at her apartment. She was refused to talk to News 8, but her friend did.

"She's emotional, she's alright right now, she's dealing with it the best way that she can," said Kareem Kubisty, a family friend.

Domestic violence experts said abusers often exhibit a pattern of escalation that can be deadly.

"Usually there's a period of building tension until it explodes into some kind of outburst violence or some other kind of abuse," said Betsy Whaley, The Julian Center.

Police said in addition to the mother, there were two adults and a juvenile at the home at the time of the beating. Right now, Chism is the only one being charged.

18-year-old Tayuan Chism, the mother's live-in boyfriend

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast