CA - Conrad, 13, & Ricky Morales, 11, beaten to death, Sacramento, Aug & Dec 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Two arrests have been made in the death of an 11-year-old boy found dead Monday inside a home.

Police say they've also found human remains from another body while doing a search inside the home.

The home is in the 1100 block of Belle Avenue in Corona.

Corona police were summoned to the home for a disturbance Monday.
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/5681485/detail.html

Corona Police Lt. Brent Coleman said officers were called to the home in the 1100 block of South Belle Avenue about 2 p.m. by a family member.

The boy, whose name was not immediately released, was found dead but had no visible wounds, Coleman said.

Few details were available about the death, and detectives were still interviewing adult family members.

Coleman said the boy was apparently living in the home, which is a duplex, with a relative believed to be his uncle.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-boy27dec27,1,7526158.story?coll=la-headlines-california

Police say they got a call that family members thought the young boy was sleeping on the floor, but then discovered he wasn't breathing.
Neighbors say they've seen police at the home several times in the past and one said a dog was barking all night long.

Police are interviewing the adult family members. There is no word yet on how the little boy died.
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=3761306

Corona resident Raul Ricardo Sarinana, 38, and his wife Cathy Lynn Sarinana, 28, were booked on suspicion of murder and transported to the Robert Presley Detention Center, said Corona Police Department Sgt. Jerry Rodriguez.

Raul Sarinana is being held without bail. Cathy Sarinana's bail is unknown, Rodriguez said.

The names of the victims are being withheld pending positive identifications using dental records and the notification of boy's mother, Rodriguez said.

On Monday, the Corona Police Department received a call from the boy's uncle at 1:55 p.m. The man said he had hurt the boy and that the victim was dead, Rodriguez said.

When officers responded to the home in the 1100 block of South Belle, they found the boy dead, but there were no visible wounds, Rodriguez said.

"There appears to be signs of abuse," Rodriguez said, "but we're not sure of the cause of death."

During the search of the residence, investigators found the remains of another human being.
http://www.pe.com/breakingnews/local/stories/PE_News_Local_D_coronaweb228.11b8ff35.html

A man and his wife were in custody Tuesday as police investigated the suspected child-abuse slaying of their 11-year-old nephew and came across the remains of a second, more deteriorated body at the couple's home.

Raul Ricardo Sarinana, 38, was arrested after calling police just before 2 p.m. Monday. He told police that "he had hurt the boy, and that the boy may be dead," Corona police Sgt. Jerry Rodriguez said.

Officers found the boy's battered body inside the couple's duplex unit at 1110 S. Belle Ave. He had suffered blunt trauma injuries and had been dead perhaps "a day or two at most," said Corona police Sgt. Neil Reynolds. The boy's name was not released.

Sarinana and his wife, Cathy Lynn Sarinana, 28, were arrested on suspicion of murder. Their two children, a 2-year-old girl and a 13-month-old boy, were put in protective custody.

After questioning the pair, police returned for an additional search of the duplex Tuesday and found the second set of remains concealed in the carport just after 3 p.m. They brought in crews to rip up concrete with jackhammers shortly afterward, neighbors said.

The remains appeared to be those of a person whose death occurred well before that of the 11-year-old boy, police said. They are believed to be those of a "small person," Rodriguez said. He did not disclose, however, whether they were those of a child. Nor did he give a probable gender. Examiners will have to use dental records to identify the body, he said, adding that investigators have some leads on an identity, though he did not elaborate.

As of Tuesday, investigators planned to seek homicide charges against the couple, Reynolds said. Sarinana was being booked at the Robert Presley Detention Center in Riverside late Tuesday. His wife, who had been taken into custody at the Corona police jail, is expected to be transferred to Presley, police said.

Rodriguez said the Sarinanas had been taking care of their nephew for at least a year. The boy's mother, a Los Angeles County resident, had served time in prison and recently completed parole, authorities said.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/state/la-me-kiddeath28dec28,1,3723129.story?coll=la-news-state

As neighbors and media circled the crime scene Tuesday, the smell of the decaying corpse permeated the neighborhood. Neighbors gathered in the twinkling glow of Christmas lights and speculated about the Sarinanas, a family that had moved in just months ago. Parents questioned the neighborhood children who had played with the boy before his death.

The Sarinanas, who had two young children of their own, generally kept to themselves. After moving in a few months ago, they had a yard sale and a party with a bounce house for the kids.

"We got to play in the bounce house. I think it was the boy's birthday," said 10-year-old Carlos Maldolda.

"He was a kind of sad kid. Sometimes he had bruises on his arms, but we never said anything about it."

The boy had been living at the home with the couple and their two children, a 2-year-old and a 13-month-old, for about three months, Rodriguez said.

The two young children were removed from the home and taken into protective custody, he said.

At this point, police do not know much about the boy's biological parents or how he ended up living with his aunt and uncle.
http://www.pe.com/localnews/corona/stories/PE_News_Local_H_boy28.13088650.html

Police further searched the duplex after questioning the pair and found a second set of remains in the carport Tuesday afternoon. The remains were those of a "small person" whose death occurred well before that of the 11-year-old boy, police said.

Police brought in crews to rip up concrete in the carport with jackhammers on Tuesday afternoon, and teams in hazardous-material protective suits began removing green metal drums from the property later in the evening.

The Sarinanas had been caring for their nephew for at least a year while the boy's mother served time in prison, he said.

Jessica Martinez, who lives down the street from the Sarinanas, said that she twice noticed that the boy had bruises on his face and that her family had offered to take him in. The boy's aunt said the bruises were from a school fight and declined her family's offer, said Martinez, 17.

Corona police said they had been to the Sarinanas' house at least once before, but did not specify what prompted the visit.

Raul Sarinana was being held without bail at the Robert Presley Detention Center on two felony narcotics counts and a felony count pertaining to the child welfare code, according to the Riverside County Sheriff's Web site. His wife was being held on $500,000 bail on the felony child welfare count.
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=3764049

you have got to be kidding me. What a wonderful aunt and uncle this poor child had. No telling what happened to the other child.

My lord, the stories coming out this week are simpy shocking, disgusting and repulsive about what parents and relatives are doing to their children, and what grown children are doing to their families.

Society at its finest, I tell ya.

I pray for these poor, innocent souls :(

I have been watching this one all night. LE has hinted that they have an idea who the second child is, but have declined to say until after a positive id is made. But what I am wondering about is they are now digging up the concrete driveway, and with the hazardous materials unit carrying out the green tubs, I am wondering what else they have found.

Just breaks my heart to hear $hit like this when there are so many loving people just dying to adopt or foster parent these lost children! And did you see the mug shot of the Aunt! Omg, she was really scarey looking.

mysteriew said:
I have been watching this one all night. LE has hinted that they have an idea who the second child is, but have declined to say until after a positive id is made. But what I am wondering about is they are now digging up the concrete driveway, and with the hazardous materials unit carrying out the green tubs, I am wondering what else they have found.
Mys, ever since this came on our local T.V. station I too have been following it. Now they say the boys body they found in the cement may have been in their trunk when they left Randle, WA, at least that's what I thought I heard late last night!

Okay, just heard the authorities are on their way up to WA as the body may be the brother of Rickey Morales that was reported missing up there on October 8th !

The aunt and uncle of an 11-year-old boy found dead in a Corona home on Monday have each been arraigned on one count of murder on Wednesday. Police found remains of another body in the home, as well.

The prosecutor says the boy's uncle, Raul Ricardo Sarinana, repeatedly beat the child over a period of time with the intent of killing him, this makes Raul eligible for death sentence, according to NBC4.

NBC4 reports that there is no bail for either suspect and no plea was entered Wednesday.

This is just horrible. Bless his sweet little heart. I know that is a southern thing to say...but it is sincere. I hate these crimes against children. I want to protect each and every one of them. I know I could do a better job than these relatives.So many lost to such F..kups.

mysteriew said:
The aunt and uncle of an 11-year-old boy found dead in a Corona home on Monday have each been arraigned on one count of murder on Wednesday. Police found remains of another body in the home, as well.

The prosecutor says the boy's uncle, Raul Ricardo Sarinana, repeatedly beat the child over a period of time with the intent of killing him, this makes Raul eligible for death sentence, according to NBC4.

NBC4 reports that there is no bail for either suspect and no plea was entered Wednesday.
The dead boy's name is Rickey Morales and his 13 year old brother was reported missing in WA on Oct 8th like I mentioned, but they won't know if the body they found buried in the carport is that of Rickey's brother until the medical exam is completed.

I've looked for a boy missing in WA in October on the Net, but have found nothing yet!

What is the brothers name do you know?
I have been looking and cannot find any Morales who is missing from there.

You know I have just had a horrible thought. Okay the article from above says that he has been beaten repeatedly with the intention of killing him.
When LE did the search they seemed to have found the second body right away. They say there was a really strong bad odor at that house.
Do you think the boy could have known his brother was there dead?

mysteriew said:
What is the brothers name do you know?
I have been looking and cannot find any Morales who is missing from there.
No, they only said his brother so maybe they don't even have the same last name? All I heard was he was 13 when he went missing last October.

If I hear any more, I'll be sure and post something. Corona is only about 25 miles from me.

A man and his wife were charged with homicide Wednesday in the death of their 11-year-old nephew, and police were investigating whether another body found at their home may have been that of the boy's older brother.
Raul Ricardo Sarinana, 38, was arrested on Monday after he called police and reported that he may have killed his nephew, said police Sgt. Jerry Rodriguez. Sarinana's wife, Cathy Lynn Sarinana, 28, was arrested on Tuesday.
Raul Sarinara was charged Wednesday with homicide with special circumstances of inflicting torture, and Cathy Sarinara with homicide and felony child endangerment, Rodriguez said.
The 11-year-old had several injuries that appeared consistent with child abuse, police said. The cause of death was pending, based on autopsy results.
Corona police investigators were flying to Lewis County in Washington to investigate whether the 13-year-old brother may have died in the state. The boy was reported missing from Washington on Oct. 8, 2005.
Corona police have requested dental records to identify the second body.
Police have said the 11-year-old appeared to have died recently, but that the other boy appeared to have died significantly earlier. The boys' names were not released.
http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/news/13503136.htm

It makes me so angry that I could spit. To think that any other child is so disregarded. I need a restraining order on me right now.I don't know what I will do but it isn't sitting silenced. I am really pizzed off. This has set off something in me that I never knew was there.

Just heard it was a "tip" from a member of the Sarinana family after they started putting the time frame together as to when the Sarinana's left Washington.

concernedperson said:
It makes me so angry that I could spit. To think that any other child is so disregarded. I need a restraining order on me right now.I don't know what I will do but it isn't sitting silenced. I am really pizzed off. This has set off something in me that I never knew was there.
Oh, man....I am so with you on this one!! These freakin' people don't deserve to ever see the light of day ever again!!!:furious: :furious:

Tom'sGirl said:
Just heard it was a "tip" from a member of the Sarinana family after they started putting the time frame together as to when the Sarinana's left Washington.

So someone, who knew how to use a phone- knew!

mysteriew said:
So someone, who knew how to use a phone- knew!
Yeah mys, they didn't go into detail but I'm sure eventually we will find out which relative. I kind of thinking the LE didn't know of a brother until they received the tip...............how damn sad!

Like I menioned in another post there was a brief mention last night that the 13 year old brother's body may have been transported down here from WA in their trunk...........guess DNA will check if that is so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back