1045 users online (211 members and 834 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 176
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,163

    Caylee has no representation :(

    DID THE ANTHONY'S FORGET?
    SEEMS TO ME CAYLEE DOES NOT HAVE ANY REPRESENTATION

    If I missed this please let me know, but was there an attorney appointed to represent CAYLEE in court, the murdered victim in this family - Caylee Anthony who was found stuffed inside a plastic bag.

    Her mother, Casey Anthony, is charged with killing the 2-year-old.

    In numerous court appearances, all of the Anthony family was there to support the accused — Casey. No one represents CAYLEE.

    Prosecutors said that it is highly unusual that someone is not present to represent the victim in the court appearances of charged suspects.

    Apparently, the family is so overwhelmed and trying so hard to show a united front to the world that they believe their daughter and sister is innocent, they have overlooked the pitiful fact that no one is in court for little Caylee.

    I don't understand why someone does not ask them about that?
    This does not add up....If they believe that Casey is innocent why no representation for Caylee?

    MODS i did not see this topic else where. If you feel you want to merge thread please do.
    Last edited by JBean; 03-14-2009 at 02:18 AM. Reason: songline removed text asking why no attorney had been appointed to represent caylee.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

    We're flexible like that.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Why would there be a lawyer to represent Caylee? I don't know what you mean?
    ETA: Do you mean support in the courtroom for her?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    622
    The state of Florida represents her. I'm confused too.


    Edit: I was the victim of a violent crime about 10 years ago. I didn't get a lawyer. I relied on the prosecutor for the state that represented me in that case.

    If you mean... "No one is concerned for justice for Caylee"... and only focused on getting KC off the hook... I think the whole world represents Caylee.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Issi View Post
    The state of Florida represents her. I'm confused too.
    Exactly.

    Songline, it is not customary for the deceased to be represented in court by their own counsel, other than the prosecution of course.
    So I am not sure what you mean by :
    Quote Originally Posted by songline
    >>If I missed this please let me know, but was there an attorney appointed to represent CAYLEE in court, the murdered victim in this family - Caylee Anthony who was found stuffed inside a plastic<<
    Last edited by JBean; 03-14-2009 at 02:11 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    924
    Ditto Issi and JBean
    My Mom told me (and showed me) that "Parent is a verb, not a noun" ~ thanks Mom

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    835
    Some states have Child Advocates to represent an abused or murdered child. I don't know if this is what you are referring to Songline. If I lived in FL I would go to hearings, etc. andwear Caylee Buttons to remind the court of the victim without a voice.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Quote Originally Posted by travelgal View Post
    Some states have Child Advocates to represent an abused or murdered child. I don't know if this is what you are referring to Songline. If I lived in FL I would go to hearings, etc. andwear Caylee Buttons to remind the court of the victim without a voice.
    OH thank you travelgal.
    Songline was asking about an attorney to represent her so that was the source of my confusion. You may be on track here.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Liverpool Branch
    Posts
    5,256
    Quote Originally Posted by travelgal View Post
    Some states have Child Advocates to represent an abused or murdered child. I don't know if this is what you are referring to Songline. If I lived in FL I would go to hearings, etc. andwear Caylee Buttons to remind the court of the victim without a voice.
    I would go too and sit on the Prosecution side of the room at Motion hearings to show support for Caylee.

    As this progresses and KC's demeanor and style are re-framed by the Defense to seek sympathy then some/many people will move towards KC's camp over time, because they do not believe or cannot believe that KC really did it -- and she is just a mis-guided victim.

    Her persona this week was to look more child-like, lost and, fearful. Less confidence and arrogance.

    No-one will actively work on Caylee's behalf and her memory will fade for many. Acceptance.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.



    Justice for Caylee

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    20,003
    I believe you're right, travelgal. Wonder if there is someone, like a victim's rights rep who could attend?

    The prosecution is generally the voice of the victim, but I understand what you mean songline.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberborg View Post
    I would go too and sit on the Prosecution side of the room at Motion hearings to show support for Caylee.

    As this progresses and KC's demeanor and style are re-framed by the Defense to seek sympathy then some/many people will move towards KC's camp over time, because they do not believe or cannot believe that KC really did it -- and she is just a mis-guided victim.

    Her persona this week was to look more child-like, lost and, fearful.

    No-one will actively work on Caylee's behalf and her memory will fade for many.

    Actually, I think people would be flooding the streets to sit on the Prosecution side in support of Caylee.

    I disagree that her memory will fade... Caylee should be the poster child for child advocacy.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD 'burbs of Washington DC
    Posts
    5,900
    I don't think her memory will fade, but I find it sad that the state is the only one on Caylee's side. If the Anthony family doesn't think Casey killed Caylee, then why haven't they been vocal and active in trying to find justice for Caylee... it's like they have put Caylee on the back burner, by outward appearances.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    835
    I imagine the prosecution will make some grand attempts to keep Caylees photos in the courtroom whenever possible. However, I think it needs to be evident to the jurors EVERYDAY that Caylee is represented and loved by soo many. Perhaps they could have tag-team reps to take turns so someone is there each and everyday! JMHO. I wish I could fly to FL and do this for that poor baby who may not be forgotten the Anthony's but she is not their priority anymore.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    I would expect that during the trial there will be plenty of people packing the courtroom representing Caylee.
    During the Samantha Runnion murder trial it was standing room only and not enough room for everyone to get in.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,163
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Why would there be a lawyer to represent Caylee? I don't know what you mean?
    ETA: Do you mean support in the courtroom for her?
    CAYLEE is the murdered Victim who should have someone speak for her rights in the least.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

    We're flexible like that.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Issi View Post
    The state of Florida represents her. I'm confused too.


    Edit: I was the victim of a violent crime about 10 years ago. I didn't get a lawyer. I relied on the prosecutor for the state that represented me in that case.

    If you mean... "No one is concerned for justice for Caylee"... and only focused on getting KC off the hook... I think the whole world represents Caylee.
    Yes the world does but we wont be there in the court room speaking for her behalf.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

    We're flexible like that.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Steven Avery & Brendan Dassey get new representation
    By bessie in forum Netflix Series: Making A Murderer
    Replies: 187
    Last Post: 09-04-2016, 02:34 PM
  2. Support Caylee: Porch lights on for Caylee Marie Anthony
    By mrsu in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 07:58 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 10:05 PM