Caylee has no representation :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

songline

Reaction score
DID THE ANTHONY'S FORGET?
SEEMS TO ME CAYLEE DOES NOT HAVE ANY REPRESENTATION

If I missed this please let me know, but was there an attorney appointed to represent CAYLEE in court, the murdered victim in this family - Caylee Anthony who was found stuffed inside a plastic bag.

Her mother, Casey Anthony, is charged with killing the 2-year-old.

In numerous court appearances, all of the Anthony family was there to support the accused — Casey. No one represents CAYLEE.

Prosecutors said that it is highly unusual that someone is not present to represent the victim in the court appearances of charged suspects.

Apparently, the family is so overwhelmed and trying so hard to show a united front to the world that they believe their daughter and sister is innocent, they have overlooked the pitiful fact that no one is in court for little Caylee.

I don't understand why someone does not ask them about that?
This does not add up....If they believe that Casey is innocent why no representation for Caylee?

MODS i did not see this topic else where. If you feel you want to merge thread please do.

Why would there be a lawyer to represent Caylee? I don't know what you mean?
ETA: Do you mean support in the courtroom for her?

The state of Florida represents her. I'm confused too.

Edit: I was the victim of a violent crime about 10 years ago. I didn't get a lawyer. I relied on the prosecutor for the state that represented me in that case.

If you mean... "No one is concerned for justice for Caylee"... and only focused on getting KC off the hook... I think the whole world represents Caylee.

Exactly.

Songline, it is not customary for the deceased to be represented in court by their own counsel, other than the prosecution of course.
So I am not sure what you mean by :
songline said:
>>If I missed this please let me know, but was there an attorney appointed to represent CAYLEE in court, the murdered victim in this family - Caylee Anthony who was found stuffed inside a plastic<<

Some states have Child Advocates to represent an abused or murdered child. I don't know if this is what you are referring to Songline. If I lived in FL I would go to hearings, etc. andwear Caylee Buttons to remind the court of the victim without a voice.

Some states have Child Advocates to represent an abused or murdered child. I don't know if this is what you are referring to Songline. If I lived in FL I would go to hearings, etc. andwear Caylee Buttons to remind the court of the victim without a voice.
OH thank you travelgal.
Songline was asking about an attorney to represent her so that was the source of my confusion. You may be on track here.

I would go too and sit on the Prosecution side of the room at Motion hearings to show support for Caylee.

As this progresses and KC's demeanor and style are re-framed by the Defense to seek sympathy then some/many people will move towards KC's camp over time, because they do not believe or cannot believe that KC really did it -- and she is just a mis-guided victim.

Her persona this week was to look more child-like, lost and, fearful. Less confidence and arrogance.

No-one will actively work on Caylee's behalf and her memory will fade for many. Acceptance.

I believe you're right, travelgal. Wonder if there is someone, like a victim's rights rep who could attend?

The prosecution is generally the voice of the victim, but I understand what you mean songline.

I would go too and sit on the Prosecution side of the room at Motion hearings to show support for Caylee.

As this progresses and KC's demeanor and style are re-framed by the Defense to seek sympathy then some/many people will move towards KC's camp over time, because they do not believe or cannot believe that KC really did it -- and she is just a mis-guided victim.

Her persona this week was to look more child-like, lost and, fearful.

No-one will actively work on Caylee's behalf and her memory will fade for many.

Actually, I think people would be flooding the streets to sit on the Prosecution side in support of Caylee.

I disagree that her memory will fade... Caylee should be the poster child for child advocacy.

I don't think her memory will fade, but I find it sad that the state is the only one on Caylee's side. If the Anthony family doesn't think Casey killed Caylee, then why haven't they been vocal and active in trying to find justice for Caylee... it's like they have put Caylee on the back burner, by outward appearances.

I imagine the prosecution will make some grand attempts to keep Caylees photos in the courtroom whenever possible. However, I think it needs to be evident to the jurors EVERYDAY that Caylee is represented and loved by soo many. Perhaps they could have tag-team reps to take turns so someone is there each and everyday! JMHO. I wish I could fly to FL and do this for that poor baby who may not be forgotten the Anthony's but she is not their priority anymore.

I would expect that during the trial there will be plenty of people packing the courtroom representing Caylee.
During the Samantha Runnion murder trial it was standing room only and not enough room for everyone to get in.

Why would there be a lawyer to represent Caylee? I don't know what you mean?
ETA: Do you mean support in the courtroom for her?
CAYLEE is the murdered Victim who should have someone speak for her rights in the least.

Edit: I was the victim of a violent crime about 10 years ago. I didn't get a lawyer. I relied on the prosecutor for the state that represented me in that case.

If you mean... "No one is concerned for justice for Caylee"... and only focused on getting KC off the hook... I think the whole world represents Caylee.
Yes the world does but we wont be there in the court room speaking for her behalf.

CAYLEE is the murdered Victim who should have someone speak for her rights in the least.

That is what the state is doing by prosecuting her alleged murderer.

What would you like to see happening? I still don;t think I am following you exactly.

some states have child advocates to represent an abused or murdered child. I don't know if this is what you are referring to songline. If i lived in fl i would go to hearings, etc. Andwear caylee buttons to remind the court of the victim without a voice.

yes it is exactly what I mean...

I think I get it.

Back some time ago we were discussing how no one seems to be interested in Caylee's rights and what's best for Caylee. I understand the state is representing her but their job is to prosecute KC. It seems that Caylee has been forgotten in all this bickering between the state and defense attorneys and all of KC's rights.

I think I know what you mean, normally when someone has been murdered their family is yelling loud and clear for people to remember the victim. This time it seems like Caylee's family would sweep the whole thing under the rug to protect KC. And that's not right.

I think we have two choices, leave it up to the state to prosecute KC and get justice for Caylee or find out about a victims advocate. I don't know how the advocate would work since Caylee is deceased but that is the only way I can see unless protesters start showing up at the court house but I don't see what that would benefit Caylee now.

ETA Oops there were only 4 posts when I started this!

OH thank you travelgal.
Songline was asking about an attorney to represent her so that was the source of my confusion. You may be on track here.

My confusion too JBean,,, I was unclear myself who had to be there in behalf of Caylee.

I have enjoyed this interesting exchange of ideas but I need to move on! Thank you everyone for the food for thought and have a nice evening. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23