Orange County Sheriff says: Stop leaking news to media.

JaneInOz

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/serv...oc-casey-anthony-leaks-031409,0,6196827.story

The days of "sources said" in the Casey Anthony case may be numbered.

Orange County sheriff's personnel are being told, firmly, to stop leaks to the media.

"We not going to lose cases because of loose lips," Sheriff Jerry Demings said Friday about what he's telling deputy sheriffs, investigators and supervisors. "If it's active criminal information, don't get caught leaking. If you get caught, it's going to get treated seriously."

Hmmmmmm.....

I like this guy!! LoL....bet the media doesn't like him much though.;)

Way too late I'm afraid.

This case is fubar!!

Aloha! No?

JB screams when the Sunshine Law kicks in. There may be "leaks", I don't know but why do we even need leaks since there is the SL. I like it.
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Yes, this confuses me. I don't know what are actually "leaks" or "sunshine law" information. I understand that whenever a report states, "sources report" that it means more than likely something leaked. But I mean, with so much stuff out there it is really difficult to determine what things are "leaks" that are upsetting the state or investigators. To me, anyway.

I wish the leaks, whatever they are, would stop then. I don't want anything to jeopardize this case and give KC any reasons whatsoever to get off for this or have extra reasons for any appeals. My being nosy or need to know, isn't that great, where I'd rather know everything right now, and risk her getting off.

Anything to stop some of these motions and get JB back to preparing for trial.
I would be more than happy to hear nothing until trial, to be honest.
Seems like 90% of what is out in the media is BS.

As John Mayer said "When you own the information, you can bend it all you want."

Shows aren't out there for information. They are out there for entertainment and to make money.

No wonder boring old fashioned newscasts are the way of the past. The sad part is people find a hard time separating fact from fiction because the kernels of truth are so far buried.

I was amused by the funny wording of the Sheriffs statement. He said :"If it's active criminal information, don't get caught leaking. If you get caught, it's going to get treated seriously."

Haha... he didn't say "don't leak" he said "don't get caught leaking".

:slap:

Okay now, before people start slamming me. I'm just having fun. I firmly believe the Sheriff and OCSO are committed to handling this case properly. My hat is off to them.

I believe the leaks he is talking about are Casey's reaction to the discovery of remains, etc

Seems to me most of the leaks are coming from the jail. ???

I believe the leaks he is talking about are Casey's reaction to the discovery of remains, etc

Seems to me most of the leaks are coming from the jail. ???

I agree. Don't forget the crying together incident! And isn't Jose threatening to sue regarding those leaks? I believe his defense is going after the evidence, that's why he was grilling the CSI the other day. He's going to try to poke holes in every single piece of evidence the state has.

As nosey as I am, and as much as I want to see everything yesterday, I'd rather wait until trial so they can nail her. :behindbar
His job is to defend her, and there is no defense for what she did. He will go after every technicality he can, with his 'dream team' of experts. I think the state has to be very careful, so that he can't win the case this way. :angel:

It would be nice if this case could be wrapped up and tied till trial but I believe it is alot to ask when it is human nature to talk when you probably should keep our mouths closed. I agree the catch all phrase of, "Don't get caught" was interesting. I also remember the head of the jail giving a statement to the press concerning JB and there isn't any loved lost in that relationship no matter how diplomatic the head of the jail tried to be. I wish we could link to this mans comments in his press releases.

Leonard Padilla seemed to have an inside track to a lot of the information that later came out during document dumps. Of course, some of what he had to say was garbage, but a lot of it ended up to be true.

It always sounded to me like he had an inside source among law enforcement.

I just read that article in my paper Orlando Sentinel on the couch. Notice the that it mentions "internet slueths", lol.
Also notice that it mentions the search warrant they served on a suspect in the Nicole Ganguzza murder. Says she was killed on a "trail". Well that trail is in Blanchard Park, it happenned on June 10th and on the 16th it was all over the local news that the FBI forensics team was at BP all day.
Why does the Sentinel refer to that location as a "trail in east Orange County"?
Isn't LE almost tying these two incidents together by saying they'll keep more quiet re this case vs Anthony case?

Well it never ceases to amaze me that JB can moan and groan about leaks and media and jury tainting when he was the one to FIGHT THE GAG ORDER (maybe by Todd's suggestion, lol)!

It also sounds that the treatment of the Nicole G murder is being deliberately distanced from this case for more than simply a repeat of the "leaks" situation. There is too much cross-referencing and two-degrees of separation stuff going on with both cases out here in cyberworld. Makes you think hmmm...

I'm a media person myself, but.... it's about time someone tried to stick a cork in this circus.

Leonard Padilla seemed to have an inside track to a lot of the information that later came out during document dumps. Of course, some of what he had to say was garbage, but a lot of it ended up to be true.

I got the impression that LE might have been using LP to do their dirty work. Here Leonard, say this on TV and lets see what happens. Some of the crazy stuff he came up with may have been a rouse to see what reaction it got from the A family. You know, hot or cold? Say something farfetched so that the real story can be inserted by them....maybe I watch too much tv....I so badly want a team of experts like that show "Lie to Me" to analyze this case...I am already going over old videos using the information from that show to analyze the A family's lies.

From my couch in California I am glad Florida has Sunshine Laws because it feeds my need for information in real time....however, I think it does taint the jury pool to a degree and puts out information that may not be introduced at trial. I have no problem with people being judged in the media, if the jurors in the OJ case or the Michael Jackson case, or the Phil Spector trial had the information the general public had they probably would have convicted. The polling after those trials definately proved that. I was amazed though at how much evidence the DA COULD HAVE introduced in those cases that they simply chose not to introduce. So leaks can be wonderful if they don't compromise the investigation or trial. Not all leaks can do that.

Speaking of LP, where has he been lately...I don't recall any NG cameo's lately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back