Page 1 of 35 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: P.I. "Cobra" searches for Haleigh, feels confident there will be a break in case soon

P.I. "Cobra" searches for Haleigh, feels confident there will be a break in case soon

P.I. Searches for Haleigh | Video http://www.cbs47.com/default.aspx

P.I. Searches for Haleigh | Video http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstor...hoe2vdr-g.cspx

SATSUMA, Fla. -- There's a new investigator on the Haleigh Cummings case. He calls himself Cobra. He's a private investigator from Fort Lauderdale, who is in Satsuma at Haleigh's mother's request.

"In 30 years he caught over 8000 fugitives, 199 child molesters, 2 murderers, and one terrorist," says Cobra. Now his focus is on Haleigh. Thursday, he joined police in their ground search.

P.I. who calls himself Cobra said yesterday that he feels they will have a big break in the case soon.

From what I understand he is working for the Mother of Haleigh free of charge. They don't have a story yet only a video. He feels confident there will be a break in the case real soon. I pray he is right! What frightens me is that they are doing ground searches lately. I pray Haleigh is alive. None of the results have came back from the lab or they did and LE is not sharing. I just hope no decomposition was found in any of the items that LE took in for testing in the past.
    Last edited by MADJGNLAW; 03-14-2009 at 08:29 AM. Reason: new link

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MADJGNLAW For This Useful Post:

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to radio For This Useful Post:

I hope this guy isn't in this for the publicity only and that he is not lying about his track record. I wish him the best and I hope he is able to find Haleigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    I hope this guy isn't in this for the publicity only and that he is not lying about his track record. I wish him the best and I hope he is able to find Haleigh.

I hope he isn't Padilla's brother!!! Guess we can hope for the best!!

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to radio For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by radio View Post
    I hope he isn't Padilla's brother!!! Guess we can hope for the best!!
    Don't think so - he's not wearing a cowboy hat. LOL

Hope he's right although I am a bit sceptical about what one guy can do that the whole LE system can't. If they've got a good lead that the police hasn't got, maybe. In the Madeleine McCann case the PI office practically promised that they would find her in a pink minute but she's still missing and there doesn't seem to be any progress made lately.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Hope he's right although I am a bit sceptical about what one guy can do that the whole LE system can't. If they've got a good lead that the police hasn't got, maybe. In the Madeleine McCann case the PI office practically promised that they would find her in a pink minute but she's still missing and there doesn't seem to be any progress made lately.
    I think all too often in these cases the only thing that the PI does is offer the family false home and, of course, run up bills for services rendered. I hope Cobra proves to be different and is able to find Haleigh. He is doing this pro bono which is a good thing.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by MADJGNLAW View Post
    "In 30 years he caught over 8000 fugitives, 199 child molesters, 2 murderers, and one terrorist," says Cobra.
    Quite a record. That's an average of almost a fugitive a day.... I have my doubts.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

If the number is right, some or most of the fugitives on his list may be small time criminals who have missed a court date and he's simply found them by going to their address and asking if they're home.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

If the number is right, some or most of the fugitives on his list may be small time criminals who have missed a court date and he's simply found them by going to their address and asking if they're home.
    I don't care how many he has caught...someone else looking is a good thing, whether they work for Ron or Crystal.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

17. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

The Portuguese police let the early hours slip away, and then focused on the parents. Also, very often police are impeded by little rules that PIs don't worry about. I wish him luck, but unfortunately those early hours are crucial.

Nearby homes should have been searched immediately, warrants be blasted. Search warrants should be suspended in missing child cases. Communities should have volunteer search groups that come together like volunteer fire depts. to immediately search the areas.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Claycat For This Useful Post:

Overblown statistics=sensation seeker.

This guy may be good, but I doubt he's that good.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Very happy that Crystal has brought COBRA on. Wonderful that he is donating his services to find Haleigh.

Many thanks to COBRA.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Money Girl For This Useful Post:

Fresh eyes to look into things is just what this case needs. Plus, he don't have all the restrictions LE has so maybe we'll hear about more stuff.

That track record is impressive, but I think it's been embellished. Nothing wrong with that, lot's of people doctor their resumes.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tichad3 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tichad3 View Post
    Fresh eyes to look into things is just what this case needs. Plus, he don't have all the restrictions LE has so maybe we'll hear about more stuff.

That track record is impressive, but I think it's been embellished. Nothing wrong with that, lot's of people doctor their resumes.
    There might also be a benefit to a PI coming into this case because there are a lot of individuals involved/related who may have information, but they have their own reasons for not wanting to talk to LE officers. Whatever they tell a PI to help solve the case is not likely to come back to haunt them with charges for drugs, assault, etc. later. The PI just wants the info. to help him move on to the next step, he isn't keeping records on what he saw or heard where that might be illegal but have nothing to do with the case.

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to raeann For This Useful Post:

I to am glad he has joined in the search. I really don't care what the reason is. People will all differ in their opinions on why he came to assist in the search. I am just grateful he is searching.

I was trying to look into some of the cases he has solved and have not found his website yet. I did read on another forum about another case. It is said he foiled the terror plot at Ft. Campbell, KY........I have not followed up on that case, anyone follow that one?

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MADJGNLAW For This Useful Post:

Heck, who cares if he embellishes his record? At least he's out LOOKING for Haleigh rather than sightseeing around NYC, planning weddings and hanging out at Chili's.

31. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to AuburnJenn For This Useful Post:

It will be interesting to see Ron and Misty's reaction to this "new guy", especially since Misty didn't like the other "new guy". If they are not cooperative, it will certainly put into question Ron's "I just want my daughter back" mantra...

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LillieBelle For This Useful Post:

Anyone think this might be the "stranger" around the house last week?

So glad for any extra effort...and someone to report to CS would be a comfort I'm sure. Happy to see him. MOO

Quote Originally Posted by LillieBelle View Post
    It will be interesting to see Ron and Misty's reaction to this "new guy", especially since Misty didn't like the other "new guy". If they are not cooperative, it will certainly put into question Ron's "I just want my daughter back" mantra...
    Ron should feel ashamed of himself that this total stranger is donating his services and time to look for Haleigh, all while her own father is shacked up in a hotel in NYC with his 17-yr-old wife, planning weddings, not working and doing who knows what else. Why isn't Ron on the ground combing through woods, going door-to-door, etc?

36. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to AuburnJenn For This Useful Post:

Cobra is a bounty hunter who seems to be experienced in tracking down the bad guys. I saw in his interview him dispelling some of the "rumors" right off the bat...the drug dealers rumor. I am praying that he is able to wade through the "true and the false" of this case and find Haleigh.
    I also think that bounty hunters tend to use more aggressive tactics then LE does...their hands aren't as tied by "due process" as what LE has to go through...JMO..on that though.

Here is a video of Cobra in action.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRrzoH4f4Co

Here is a video of some of the "Tools" Cobra uses
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRhGeKRCLTM

both videos are very interesting

38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to lakelandladi For This Useful Post:

Well I am impressed. Thank God that somebody cares enough to find this little girl. I think that Daddy has proven his guilt by what he is NOT doing to find his daughter and by going to NY. I think that his grief has been real, but not because somebody else stole his daughter. I think he accidentally did it and Misty knows. They are covering up a crime and they are going to be caught!

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mybrokenwings For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lakelandladi View Post
    Cobra is a bounty hunter who seems to be experienced in tracking down the bad guys. I saw in his interview him dispelling some of the "rumors" right off the bat...the drug dealers rumor. I am praying that he is able to wade through the "true and the false" of this case and find Haleigh.
    I also think that bounty hunters tend to use more aggressive tactics then LE does...their hands aren't as tied by "due process" as what LE has to go through...JMO..on that though.

Here is a video of Cobra in action.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRrzoH4f4Co

Here is a video of some of the "Tools" Cobra uses
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRhGeKRCLTM

both videos are very interesting
    Thank you for the information on Cobra. You made a valid point, he is a bounty hunter and his hands are not tied as LE's would be.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MADJGNLAW For This Useful Post:

O/T: Caylee Anthony case. I so wonder if Padilla used the listening device that Cobra talks about in his video? Maybe that is how Padilla heard so much about the Anthony's? That would be something!

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MADJGNLAW For This Useful Post:

Cobra's "stash" is quite impressive - gadgets I've never imagined! The items he has seem more attuned to M&R - bet he uses some to get their conversations.

There's a difference in finding Haleigh and finding what happened to her. I hope he's successful in both.

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trino For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 35 1234567891011 ... LastLast