Caylee Marie REBORN doll Pulled from eBay

JaneInOz

Former Member
Reaction score
OH FFS What is wrong with people.

This is SO IN BAD TASTE it makes me want to HURL (something or be sick - take your pick!!)

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m3d14-Caylee-Marie-Reborn-doll-pulled-from-eBay

Snipped

Texan Patricia Haydel-Jarrard is a doll maker who created a life like newborn she calls ‘Caylee Marie.' Jarrard placed the doll up for auction on eBay with the starting bid set at $399.00.

Haydel-Jarrard said she does not want to profit from the slain toddler’s death and only the named the doll 'Caylee' because she thought the doll looked like Caylee Anthony. She said she placed the doll on eBay as a memorial for the girl.

Bold is mine - YEAH SURE !!!!

It's just unbelievable what some people will do. I can't believe the family is buying into, "the doll maker's heart is in the right place." Only from this family!

Under these circumstances, who in the world would even want this type of doll? Again, probably, only the Anthony's; though I realize they've not even seen it, let alone stated they wanted anything to do with it.

It's just unbelievable what some people will do. I can't believe the family is buying into, "the doll maker's heart is in the right place." Only from this family!

Under these circumstances, who in the world would even want this type of doll? Again, probably, only the Anthony's; though I realize they've not even seen it, let alone stated they wanted anything to do with it.

Oh My I didn't read that ! Did the Anthonys really say that :(

Im sorry if anyone here makes these dolls, but for me this is my opinion

I think they are works of art, I think they are wonderful, but to me they are *dead*

They may look alive in one way, but in another - especially if eyes are closed they look like a real dead baby :( as in just when baby dies) - I don't know I think they are not a good thing esp for those women whose baby dies still born or after of sids..

To have a doll that looks alive of Caylee is just not right :(

the doll sure is beautiful though .its eyes are hauntingly like our little angels

Oh My I didn't read that ! Did the Anthonys really say that :(

Im sorry if anyone here makes these dolls, but for me this is my opinion

I think they are works of art, I think they are wonderful, but to me they are *dead*

They may look alive in one way, but in another - especially if eyes are closed they look like a real dead baby :( as in just when baby dies) - I don't know I think they are not a good thing esp for those women whose baby dies still born or after of sids..

To have a doll that looks alive of Caylee is just not right :(

Watch the video at the link.

the doll sure is beautiful though .its eyes are hauntingly like our little angels

I agree about the doll. The woman definitely has talent and I can see why many people may want a doll made that resembled their child at birth. Under these circumstances though, who would want a doll of a dead child? It's just nauseating that anyone would try to make money off this tragedy.

I am one that does make these dolls periodically and I do not think this was the proper thing to do. I would never have placed it on ebay nor would I have named it "caylee marie". One more thing, I don't think this artist had any intention of donating that money to any fund in Caylee's namesake. It's people like that who give the rest a bad rep. The dolls I make are for personal enjoyment and not made to look like a deceased child.

Jane, you are entitled to your opinion as everyone else is. Some people just do not like them.

I am one that does make these dolls periodically and I do not think this was the proper thing to do. I would never have placed it on ebay nor would I have named it "caylee marie". One more thing, I don't think this artist had any intention of donating that money to any fund in Caylee's namesake. It's people like that who give the rest a bad rep. The dolls I make are for personal enjoyment and not made to look like a deceased child.

Jane, you are entitled to your opinion as everyone else is. Some people just do not like them.

Hi :)

I did preface it with a Im sorry if anyone here makes them :) I felt sure with the amount of readers someone would LOL

And I did say they are a wrok of art and wonderful....

But Ive had two babies and these would just freak me out. It would be like having a dead baby that remained at their last breath...

But I do think the people that *reborn* the dolls are exceptionally clever and paitent ta boot !!! :)

But yes a Caylee doll in any shape way or form is Off !

Personally, I love dolls, and have been interested in reborns. I think they are beautiful and are not freaky at all, but that is my interest and opinion :) However, I think that this lady making this "Caylee" doll, and putting it up on Ebay is wrong and did it for her own selfish reasons.

To each their own, but I think it's plain freaky ...

caylee-doll_20090313225728369_320_240.jpg

Yes, apparently this is the doll.

I'm sorry, what every this woman's intentions are, the freaky factor is just way too high.

I agree about the doll. The woman definitely has talent and I can see why many people may want a doll made that resembled their child at birth. Under these circumstances though, who would want a doll of a dead child? It's just nauseating that anyone would try to make money off this tragedy.
oh i agree if someone make a doll of my kikabird like that ,if god forbid something happened to her i just dont think what would be left of my mind could take looking at the doll period .. i know in my heart if something ever happened to my daughter i couldnt live without her i know id pine away for her

I think the dolls are creepy, but to each his own. They are ceratinly works of art.
HOWEVER...to make one in Caylee's likeness and then proceed to try to SELL IT is disgusting and inexcusable. Period.

Another one trying to profit off this tragedy. That doll (a) looks nothing like Caylee; and (b) does indeed look dead -- the coloring is bad.

Another one trying to profit off this tragedy. That doll (a) looks nothing like Caylee; and (b) does indeed look dead -- the coloring is bad.

Actually I think its the eyes - they look DEAD - make me feel very creepy indeed

*wishes pic was not in this thread !!

LOL

Actually I think its the eyes - they look DEAD - make me feel very creepy indeed

*wishes pic was not in this thread !!

LOL

I agree that the eyes look just like Caylee. The woman that made it probably made it by looking a baby picture of Caylee.

:eek: OMG, I cannot believe how realistic this doll is! It kind of gives me the heebie jeebies.

I am amazed at the attention to detail, someone put alot of work into this!

ITA, Ive had a couple of reborn dolls, and this dolls coloring is awful, and looks nothing like Caylee! Bad move on that doll artists part, I love dolls also, but I collect vintage dolls , I sold both my reborns for a fraction of what I paid for them, nearly $400.00 each!!!!!!! They are very exspensive

IF I REALLY wrote what I wanted to at the moment, I'd never be allowed in here again. So I'll settle for this!

:furious: :furious: :furious::furious: :furious: :furious:

:eek: OMG, I cannot believe how realistic this doll is! It kind of gives me the heebie jeebies.

I am amazed at the attention to detail, someone put alot of work into this!

I had done a thread in the Jury room recently because I had never heard of these 'doll's before. You're not the only one that's creeped out. Read about the documentary I watched.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80936

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back