WA WA - Nancy Moyer, 36, Tenino, 6 March 2009

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
From http://www.komonews.com/news/local/41192362.html

12 March 09

A local family is desperate for answers after a single mother disappeared from her home, leaving few clues behind.

Nancy Moyer was last seen on Friday after she finished up her workday at the state Department of Ecology in Olympia. She dropped off a co-worker on her way to her Tenino home.

Then came Sunday when her family realized she was missing.

Bill Moyer separated from his wife two years ago. But on Sunday he routinely drops off their daughters, ages 10 and 11, at their mother's.

When Bill came over with the girls, almost everything appeared to be in place. The light was on as was the TV. Nancy's purse and keys were inside. Her car was parked out front.

The only thing missing was Nancy, who was nowhere to be found.

much more at link

pic
090312_Nancy_Moyer.jpg

From http://www.masoncountydailynews.com...HERIFF-NEEDS-HELP-LOCATING-WOMAN/Default.aspx

14 March 09

...she has not exhibited this type of behavior in the past and there are no known medical, mental health or substance abuse issues involved. Ms. Moyer’s purse and other personal belongings were found inside of the residence and her vehicle remained parked in front of her house. Nancy Moyer is described as a 36-year-old white female, five feet tall, weighing 115 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Anyone with information on Ms. Moyer’s current whereabouts, or the circumstances relating to her disappearance are encouraged to call Detective Dave Haller of the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office at 360-786-5279, Thurston County Crime Stoppers at 360-493-2222 or 9-1-1.

"HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS" is right......seems like a very stable, organized woman with a family situation that doesn't suggest an inkling of domestic abuse. Prayers with Nancy and her family.

Is there any other news on her?
I wonder what happened?
Has anyone heard anything new tonight?
I'm going to look around a little bit and see what i can find...

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/787050.html

This link has alot of information that i hadn't seen before....

Matthew Vandrush, who carpools with Moyer, said she seemed tired.

"We were both tired," he said. "It was a long week. She said she was going to go home, maybe unplug the phone and chill out."

Vandrush said he works side by side with Moyer and considers her a close friend. He described her as "incredibly responsible."

"She's the type of person who'd call in if she was going to be three minutes late," he said.

Also in the article, it says when her husband went to drop the girls off, there was a glass of red wine on the coffee table.....

It goes on to page 2...
http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/787050-p2.html

Here's a quote about their relationship....
"The couple has been separated for about two years. Sheriff's detectives and friends say the separation was amicable."

Vandrush and Borgacz described Moyer as kind and trusting.

"She's a really warm and kind person," Vandrush said. "She just would do anything for you if she could."

Vandrush said that she would never willingly be absent from her daughters' lives.

"There's absolutely no way," he said. "She would do anything for those kids."

Moyer and her husband had "an amazingly smooth relationship" despite their separation, Vandrush added.

Wow...there hasn't been anyone on this thread today???
I was sooo hoping there was more news on here.
I"m gonna look around again :)

I haven't been able to find anything about her tonight at all...
i'm going to keep searching...
someone help me :)
I'm not so good at doing this by myself...
There are so many people on here that are good at finding stuff out...
let's help this poor girl...:(

She was last seen AFTER dropping off her co-worker. At a Thriftaway Store (gorcery store?) but its not said who it was that saw her there or if she was seen on video survelliance? Her ciggarettes were on the front porch...Just keeps getting weirder.

She was last seen AFTER dropping off her co-worker. At a Thriftaway Store (gorcery store?) but its not said who it was that saw her there or if she was seen on video survelliance? Her ciggarettes were on the front porch...Just keeps getting weirder.

“She’s never been more than an hour late” on a dropoff day, he said. “Never.”

There's so many weird things about this story...
i think i read too that there was a glass of red wine sitting on the coffee table and the tv was on....

Something very off about this co-worker Matthew? Most of his statements are laced with an in-depth level intimate knowledge and facts about Nancy. It is obvious that he covets his relationship with her as a very close friend above other co-workers & friends. His statements like; "There's a hole in my life and there's a hole in this office," he said. "I can't give up." also, he has been on an emotional roller-coaster since Nancy went missing. He writes to her on the blog referring to her nick name Nanny Mo Mo, He states "We were both tired after a long work week", " She was going home and un plugging the phone and chilling" In addition, He is stating "she lives by a golden rules"... His comments on the blog he felt compelled to create, with his wife feels over the top to me. Talked on the blog as if he has to prove he knows her the best or trying to hard to sell his involvment in her missing? Hmmm Food for thought.. or maybe im reading to much into this,who knows. Just odd to me.

Wow...somehow...i thought that those comments were made by her husband that she's seperated from...
i didn't realize they were from the coworker....
you might have something there....

Something very off about this co-worker Matthew? Most of his statements are laced with an in-depth level intimate knowledge and facts about Nancy. It is obvious that he covets his relationship with her as a very close friend above other co-workers & friends. His statements like; "There's a hole in my life and there's a hole in this office," he said. "I can't give up." also, he has been on an emotional roller-coaster since Nancy went missing. He writes to her on the blog referring to her nick name Nanny Mo Mo, He states "We were both tired after a long work week", " She was going home and un plugging the phone and chilling" In addition, He is stating "she lives by a golden rules"... His comments on the blog he felt compelled to create, with his wife feels over the top to me. Talked on the blog as if he has to prove he knows her the best or trying to hard to sell his involvment in her missing? Hmmm Food for thought.. or maybe im reading to much into this,who knows. Just odd to me.

Tonia- My hinky meter went off in reading his comments as well. Seems a bit to close for a married man :rolleyes:

Tonia- My hinky meter went off in reading his comments as well. Seems a bit to close for a married man :rolleyes:

Do we know what her job was? How long she was at work a day? Was it super stressful, where people would develop really close relationships at work?

I just read Matthew's blog posts and its a little creepy. More than a little creepy:

"You should see the love around here. Someone brought in donuts on Friday when we got the stack of flyers. Sorry, I know you hate missing treat days! If it's any consolation, Debbie has been ready to make Rae's dip since Monday, but she said we'll wait cause it's your favorite. (Talk about loyalty!)

Seriously though, everyone's real worried and we're working real hard to find you. I need you to be strong for us and hang it there a little longer. I can't tell you how many people are pulling for you. Please be strong. We all miss you. Talk to you again soon.

-Matthew"

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/792047.html
3/19/09 news article.

After reading the news articles, the blog, the missing person web site, all I can say, in my opinion, she was abducted.
Last seen at a Thriftway, verified by the manager and the police have the check she wrote.
Her home: nothing out of place. glass of red wine on coffee table, but the front door was ajar,
cigarretes and ashtray outside on the porch.
her car parked outside.

There should be clues.
1. does she drink red wine daily? was there another wine glass washed in the kitchen? dna could be found on the wine glass, is it hers or someone else?
2. how many cigarettes were in the ashtray? all her brand? how old were they?
dna?
3. dinner made? dinner dishes done? what was her normal dinner routine with children gone? pick up deli? pizza? frozen dinner? popcorn?
It would narrow the timeline down.
4. did she change out of her work clothes? did she put on her sweats? her robe?
5. any sign she had breakfast Sat. morning at home? Did she have weekend plans?
Shopping? Meet a friend for lunch or movie? Visit family?
Over to co worker's Matthew's house?
6. phone records checked? she must have a land line phone, if no cell phone.
7. neighbors? did they notice an unknown car around?
did they see the same car that came every weekend? maybe a boy friend?
8. security cameras checked on her way home from Thriftway?
9. security cameras checked Fri. night, Sat. morning?
10. house checked with luminol, for any trace of blood stains?
11. search with tracking dogs done?
12. were the dumpsters nearby checked early on?
13. car seat in the position she uses?
14. who last touched the doorknob? any prints?

If I were LE, I would bring Matthew, coworker, in for a long interview and ask for a lie detector test, just to verify his statements. If I were LE, I would ask him for his dna, to rule out any traces in her car or home.

Prayers for her safe return.

So I looked up the co-worker Matthew a little- and in 2005, he was living in Chicago. So he hasn't lived in Washington for more than 4 years. Here's the link I found, its an open letter Matthew and his wife wrote about moving from Chicago. Its not exactly relevant, but it shows that maybe Matthew had a less than ideal home-life. I have no idea.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1467374/posts
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Good find!!
Matthew and his family seem like they have a lot of challenge in their lives.
They live in Olympia, WA., population 45, 000. It is the capital of Washington.

Newspaper forum talk says there is a search scheduled for today, Thurs. 3/19/2009.
The searchers are to meet at Dave's Thriftway, 9a.m., in Tenino.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back