1155 users online (230 members and 925 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    Goombah are there any searches scheduled in the near future? Any updates you can share?
    I constantly check her page and have found no updates.

http://www.nancymoyer.com/AboutNancy.html

I have a feeling Nancy's case is headed for the cold case file drawer. Sure hope I'm wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    I have a feeling Nancy's case is headed for the cold case file drawer. Sure hope I'm wrong!
    I think you are right.

A message from Bev Poston

Dear Friends,

On Saturday, June 26th, the “Friends of Nancy Moyer” will be at Heritage Park in Olympia recognizing the one year anniversary of the disappearance of Lindsay Baum.

It is heartbreaking that Lindsay has been gone for a year and there are still no leads as to who has taken her. Our heart goes out to her family, friends and community.

There are so many people currently missing in the state of Washington. This event will recognize and give a face to those who are gone but not forgotten by their friends and loved ones.

The event is scheduled to run from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. There will be a safety magic show, the “Crime Stoppers” PT Cruiser, “Thurston County Search and Rescue” Bloodhounds and more educational fun for kids. Guest speakers include Melissa Baum (Lindsay Baum’s mother), Bev Poston (friend and colleague of Nancy Moyer), Chuck and/or Judy Cox (members of Susan Powell’s Family), as well as speakers from “Mothers Against Sex Crimes” and Law Enforcement.

The program will end with a musical concert being provided by Sam Watkins and Fate Train.

If you are able to attend, please come to provide support for this event. We want to raise our voices out loud to let those who are missing know they have not been forgotten and that we will continue searching for them with the hope of someday bringing them back home.

Bev Poston
    Friends of Nancy Moyer

Quote Originally Posted by goombah View Post
    Dear Friends,

On Saturday, June 26th, the “Friends of Nancy Moyer” will be at Heritage Park in Olympia recognizing the one year anniversary of the disappearance of Lindsay Baum.

It is heartbreaking that Lindsay has been gone for a year and there are still no leads as to who has taken her. Our heart goes out to her family, friends and community.

There are so many people currently missing in the state of Washington. This event will recognize and give a face to those who are gone but not forgotten by their friends and loved ones.

The event is scheduled to run from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. There will be a safety magic show, the “Crime Stoppers” PT Cruiser, “Thurston County Search and Rescue” Bloodhounds and more educational fun for kids. Guest speakers include Melissa Baum (Lindsay Baum’s mother), Bev Poston (friend and colleague of Nancy Moyer), Chuck and/or Judy Cox (members of Susan Powell’s Family), as well as speakers from “Mothers Against Sex Crimes” and Law Enforcement.

The program will end with a musical concert being provided by Sam Watkins and Fate Train.

If you are able to attend, please come to provide support for this event. We want to raise our voices out loud to let those who are missing know they have not been forgotten and that we will continue searching for them with the hope of someday bringing them back home.

Bev Poston
    Friends of Nancy Moyer
    Amen! Thank You Bev and everyone. I'm so happy we've all come together for this event. We are their voices, and we need to speak loud and clear. See you Saturday!

Wish I could be there, I'll be thinking of Nancy and Lindsey.

Lindsey's Day spotlights families of missing

[snip]

Saturday’s event, Lindsey’s Day of Hope and Awareness, was a gathering to support not only Lindsey’s families but all families with missing children. Friends and family of Nancy Moyer, the Tenino woman who disappeared 15 months ago, also participated.

[snip]

Poston worked with Moyer for 10 years at the state Department of Ecology. Poston told the crowd that before Moyer disappeared, she told Poston she was happy, was blessed to have good friends and that life was going well. Since, Poston has been among a group of volunteers who have participated in about two dozen search-and-rescue efforts and also have held fundraisers to help raise about $8,000 in college money for Moyer’s children. Vicki Cline, who also works at Ecology and knew Moyer, also was there.

Decomposing Body Found in Riffe Lake

Links all over the place. This is about an hour from Nancy. The only local possibilities are Nancy and Kayla Mae Croft-Paine, sadly I couldn't find a thread here about Kayla.

http://www.chronline.com/article_a46...cc4c03286.html

A recreational boater found “badly decomposed” human remains along the shore of Riffe Lake Wednesday evening, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office.

“At this time, it is unknown if the body is that of a male or female but it is believed to be an adult,”
    I don't want this to be either of these ladies, but at the same time, someone has lost, clearly.

GingerRed, thank you for posting that, I was going to post that as well. The first person I thought of was Nancy.
    The best advice I give to my children: Tell the truth - whether you like it or not.

Not Nancy

The body found in Riffe Lake has been tentatively identified as a Denver murder suspect.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/99629409.html

Not sure if this guy is related to Nancy's disappearance but thought I'd post this here. I started a thread as well in "crimes in the news".

"TENINO, Wash. -- Thurston County sheriff's deputies say a dead woman was found in the passenger seat of a pickup truck that was pulled over near Tenino."

More at link:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100259709.html
    The best advice I give to my children: Tell the truth - whether you like it or not.

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast