Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MI - Joshua Zohr, 18, & Justin Wainwright, 15, Plymouth Twp, March 2009

Amber Alert: Justin Lee Wainwright, missing teenager from Metro Detroit last seen Monday morning near Dayton, Ohio

The Plymouth Township Police Department and Michigan State Police have issued an Amber Alert for a missing teenager from Metro Detroit.

15-year-old Justin Lee Wainwright is believed to be in extreme danger. He was last seen at a rest stop in Dayton, Ohio around 5:45 a.m. Monday.

Investigators say Wainwright was abducted by 18-year-old Joshua Kyle Zohr. Based on writings discovered, police say there is a possibility of a homicide-suicide.

Wainwright is described as a 140 lb. male, 5'8'' tall with brown eyes and brown hair. His alleged abductor, Joshua Kyle Zohr is a 125 lbs. male, 5'8'' tall with hazel eyes. They were last seen traveling in a red Pontiac Grand Prix with the license plate number BYP 1180.

Anyone with information is urgently asked to call 911 or Plymouth Township Police at (734) 354-3232.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/...e_wainwri.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Thank you for posting. Although I'm pretty far from that area I still look. Do you know if there are any news items that have a picture of either young man?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to STEADFAST For This Useful Post:

Photo of Joshua Kyle Zohr:
    #PrayForMH370

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Homepage set up by the family:
    http://www.findjoshandjustin.com/
    #PrayForMH370

Joshua and the car that they're supposedly in:

#PrayForMH370

Prayers for these boys to come home safe and sound.

I saw this Amber Alert on my way into work today. I am very confused by this case. Does anyone know more details. I hope this isn't one of those "pact" suicides we have been hearing so much about.

Joshua's MySpace (last log-in 3/5/09) says he was depressed.

This one scares me. I am praying for both of them. Yes, one is 18 and considered the "perp", but they are both just teenage boys. I hope they both come home safe.

I come into work via I-96 (currently covered in construction) the electronic signs that normally warn of the road work were all covered with this Amber Alert -- Its running every 15 minutes on the local news -
    A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion.

Just read that Ohio police ran that plate at a rest area on I-70 between the Indiana border and Columbus. This was before the Amber alert was issued. I looked at some maps to find rest areas, there is a set east of 75 toward Columbus and a set west of 75 just before the Indiana border. If we knew which side of 75 they were on it would help.

Quote Originally Posted by bp531 View Post
    Just read that Ohio police ran that plate at a rest area on I-70 between the Indiana border and Columbus. This was before the Amber alert was issued. I looked at some maps to find rest areas, there is a set east of 75 toward Columbus and a set west of 75 just before the Indiana border. If we knew which side of 75 they were on it would help.
    Sorry to quote my own post, but I have read other stories about the location of this rest area. Now I hear on 75 near Dayton. Also It doesnt look to me like an abduction. I read that they 15yo boys father said it was a planned departure and the kid climbed out a 2nd floor window to sneak out with other kid.

Quote Originally Posted by bp531 View Post
    Sorry to quote my own post, but I have read other stories about the location of this rest area. Now I hear on 75 near Dayton. Also It doesnt look to me like an abduction. I read that they 15yo boys father said it was a planned departure and the kid climbed out a 2nd floor window to sneak out with other kid.
    Bp can you provide a link to where you saw he climbed out a window. I have been trying to find more information and I am not having any luck.

I am thinking this was not an abduction in the "normal" sense either, but I think thay can use the Amber Alert in a situation when the child missing is known to be with an adult (someone over 18).

Quote Originally Posted by ella's mom View Post
    Bp can you provide a link to where you saw he climed out a window. I have been trying to find more information and I am not having any luck.

I am thinking this was not an abduction in the "normal" sense either, but I think thay can use the Amber Alert in a situation when the child missing is known to be with an adult (someone over 18).

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/18946065/detail.html

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast