Age Missing: 22
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Date of Birth: 1/31/1956
Race: Black
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Ms. Herron was last seen in Del Valle.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mp...4:12:03PM'

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/davis-herron_pinkie.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8810

Pinkie Mae Davis-Herron

NAT_8810_1.jpg
NAT_8810_2.jpg

Details of Disappearance

Davis-Herron was last seen in Del Valle, Texas in September 1979, sometime around Labor Day, which was on September 3. She was on her way to Tex Golden Nugget, a neighborhood motel were she worked. Some friends saw her driving in that direction and she blew her horn at them and waved. Davis-Herron has never been seen again. Few details are available in her case.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/davis-herron_pinkie.html

Pinkie Mae Davis-Herron went missing from Del Valle, TX in either 1976 or 1979, depending on which source you are looking at.
---
According to most sites, she went missing in 1979, and I’ve seen varying dates from January to July to September. The Texas DOJ site, however, says she went missing in September 1976.
---
Pinkie Mae was only 14 when she married in 1970. She had two children, and was divorced from her husband in 1975. The day she went missing, she was seen driving to the Tex Golden Nugget, a motel and bar/lounge in Del Valle,where she was employed. A family friend saw her, and said that Pinkie honked the horn and waved. She has never been seen again.
---
It’s worth noting that Pinkie was a skilled mechanic, and enjoyed working on motorcycles and cars.
---
While Pinkie had been involved in a divorce in 1975, I found nothing to indicate that the marriage was abusive or that she was having problems with him at the time of her disappearance. However, it could be a possibility.
---
There is a somewhat confusing entry for Pinkie on MyHeritage. I’m not too familiar with this site, it appears to be a genealogy site that pulls data from other genealogy sites and pieces it together so that a person’s life events are all on one page. Some of the information on Pinkie is correct – the birth year, mother’s name, and the marriage/divorce involving Mr. Herron. Those match up to the actual records I found. A couple things I am unsure of. MyHeritage lists a father, while Pinkie’s birth record only mentions a mother. MyHeritage states that she was married a second time, to an individual other than Mr. Herron. I can find no record of that marriage anywhere, but strangely, I DID come across that last name while researching – it is the last name of the person who owned the Tex Golden Nugget.

https://whereaboutsstillunknown.wordpress.com/2016/09/08/pinkie-mae-davis-herron/

Ancestry has a family tree showing her death in Travis County on 27 March 1989, which is supported by an entry in the Texas Death Index. The index records the death of a Pinkie Davis, so it is possible the tree owner has assumed incorrectly that this relates to Pinkie Mae Davis but it is odd.

Ancestry has a family tree showing her death in Travis County on 27 March 1989, which is supported by an entry in the Texas Death Index. The index records the death of a Pinkie Davis, so it is possible the tree owner has assumed incorrectly that this relates to Pinkie Mae Davis but it is odd.

Thank you for checking Ancestry. There is an answer in a link I posted in previous post

There WAS a Pinkie Mae Davis who died in 1989, but she was born in 1914, I think, so clearly not this Pinkie.
https://whereaboutsstillunknown.wordpress.com/2016/09/08/pinkie-mae-davis-herron/

(PS: whoever owns that website is doing brilliant research on lots of cases)

Thank you for checking Ancestry. There is an answer in a link I posted in previous post

(PS: whoever owns that website is doing brilliant research on lots of cases)

Thank you for the pointer. I have looked a bit more closely at Ancestry and it is an error as you say. However, it turns out the Pinkie Davis that died in 1989 was not Pinkie Mae Davis but Pinkie Lucile Davis (originally Pinkie Lucile Allen), born (as you say) in 1914. This is confirmed on Ancestry by an entry in the US Social Security Applications and Claims Index which had (presumably) not been found by the tree owner. Back to the drawing board.

I recently clicked on an old news article while researching a different case, and the forensic sketches immediately reminded me of Pinkie Mae. I reached out to the regional contact at NamUs inquiring about a comparison and will post any updates. In the meantime, I have attached gif overlays I created to compare the sketches with her photographs.
Pinkie-Mae-Photo.gif Pinkie-Mae-Photo-2.gif Pinkie-Mae-Sketch.gif

I recently clicked on an old news article while researching a different case, and the forensic sketches immediately reminded me of Pinkie Mae. I reached out to the regional contact at NamUs inquiring about a comparison and will post any updates. In the meantime, I have attached gif overlays I created to compare the sketches with her photographs.
View attachment 187352 View attachment 187353 View attachment 187354

I'm not sure this could be Pinkie. She was born on 01/31/1956. In 1976/1979 she would have been 20/23. Give or take 39 in 1995, so on the older site of the range. She would fit in the height/weight range. But where was she between the 70's and the 90's. Nothing is impossible, but still.

'Investigators think the woman died in late 1994 to early 1995, that she was 23 to 35 years old, weighed 100 to 140 pounds and was 5 feet to 5 feet 4 inches tall'

There is nothing about race or hair color/texture in the article. Did you find it elsewhere?

I agree--the estimated age is a bit of a stretch, as is the gap in time. I was able to link the discovery in the article to this unidentified record on NamUs, and what intrigued me were the similarities in this case and that of Princess Blue. The recoveries were made in neighboring counties, within 5 years of each other, and several of the initial determinations from Princess Blue's autopsy were later contradicted by forensic testing at UNTCHI. (Most notably, she was originally thought to be white or Hispanic, but was later determined to be mixed-race--likely with a black parent or grandparent.) Perhaps something similar could have happened here?

I agree--the estimated age is a bit of a stretch, as is the gap in time. I was able to link the discovery in the article to this unidentified record on NamUs, and what intrigued me were the similarities in this case and that of Princess Blue. The recoveries were made in neighboring counties, within 5 years of each other, and several of the initial determinations from Princess Blue's autopsy were later contradicted by forensic testing at UNTCHI. (Most notably, she was originally thought to be white or Hispanic, but was later determined to be mixed-race--likely with a black parent or grandparent.) Perhaps something similar could have happened here?

Welcome btw.

Thanks for bringing the Namus file up. I still have my doubts, Pinkie definitely looking (a mix) African-American. But you are right, sometimes things (races etc.) are mistaken. The best examples named Caucasian but actually a mix between Native American and Caucasian, or the babes in the woods thought to be a girl and a boy, but turned out to be two boys. Mistakes are made, especially in the "old" days, but technology and knowledge is evolving too.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. Your help is very much appreciated. Pinkie has definitely not been forgotten. I know first-hand. Her Mother was married and divorced from my father several years before was born. She is 90 now and still awaiting any news about her child. Pinkie was not a person that was easily influenced, she was a strong, healthy energetic woman. She was raised in a pretty close nit family and neighborhood with uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. within walking distance of one another. Her Grandmother, Grandfather, Mother and her daughter lived on the same property together. So they saw each other everyday. This was not a woman who would've left her girls without telling her Mother where she was going. Her oldest daughter has the same mechanical insight with cars as her Mom had. James Toliver is the name of the owner of the Texas Golden Nugget. There has been some speculation over the years that something may have happened to her on the grounds of the Texas Golden Nugget on FM 973 where she worked, however, this information hasn't been confirmed and to my knowledge, no there has been no evidence that backs up the speculation. This still affects our entire community. Please continue searching with us. Her family is still waiting for answers. And again thank you all so much.

Hello everyone. Your help is very much appreciated. Pinkie has definitely not been forgotten. I know first-hand. Her Mother was married and divorced from my father several years before was born. She is 90 now and still awaiting any news about her child. Pinkie was not a person that was easily influenced, she was a strong, healthy energetic woman. She was raised in a pretty close nit family and neighborhood with uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. within walking distance of one another. Her Grandmother, Grandfather, Mother and her daughter lived on the same property together. So they saw each other everyday. This was not a woman who would've left her girls without telling her Mother where she was going. Her oldest daughter has the same mechanical insight with cars as her Mom had. James Toliver is the name of the owner of the Texas Golden Nugget. There has been some speculation over the years that something may have happened to her on the grounds of the Texas Golden Nugget on FM 973 where she worked, however, this information hasn't been confirmed and to my knowledge, no there has been no evidence that backs up the speculation. This still affects our entire community. Please continue searching with us. Her family is still waiting for answers. And again thank you all so much.

Hi ccreecy21, welcome and thank you for sharing this info. So sorry you and your family are still waiting for answers after all these years. Must be very, very hard. I hope Pinkie is someday (soon enough) found. Good thoughts for you and your family, especially her mother.

Thanks for the information & prayers to the family.

I'm new at this so please forgive me if my questions have been covered.

according to My Heritage, Pinkie was born Pinkie Mae Davis; married Toliver (had one child) & married Herron (had one child).

However, the only marriage I'm able to find is with Travis Cty court records, showing she married William Calvin Herran.

please note the spelling, "Herran", becuase this is how it is listed with Travis Cty.

Thanks for the information & prayers to the family.

I'm new at this so please forgive me if my questions have been covered.

according to My Heritage, Pinkie was born Pinkie Mae Davis; married Toliver (had one child) & married Herron (had one child).

However, the only marriage I'm able to find is with Travis Cty court records, showing she married William Calvin Herran.

please note the spelling, "Herran", becuase this is how it is listed with Travis Cty.

Thanks. The owner of the Golden Nugget was also called Toliver (James)...I wonder if this was the same man or a family member.

10260395.jpg

Confusing..... when looking for info I came across her "burial". I don't think she is buried there and this a memorial plaque. Nice to see there are flowers.....

Pinkie Mae Davis - Herron Born: 31 Jan 1956 BillionGraves Record

Name: Pinkie Mae Davis - Herron
Event Type:
Burial
Event Place: Austin, Travis, Texas, United States
Cemetery: Onion Creek Memorial Park
Latitude: 30.14435
Longitude: -97.82247000000001
Birth Date: 31 Jan 1956
Affiliate Create Date: 2014-11-16 19:04:54
Affiliate Image Identifier: 11565508

FamilySearch

Welcome to WS! I suggested Pinkie as a match to this UID JD. Do you know whether local LE investigated this potential match back in 1979?

TX - TX - Bastrop Co, WhtFem, 17-40, On Hwy 290 6 Miles East of Elgin, 21 Jun 1979

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back