Additional Pictures
M860405a.jpg

Date Picture Updated: 1/15/2002

Photo is shown age progressed<

Name: Wanda Lee Ann Priddy
AKA: Wanda Lee Ann Miller, Wanda Lee Ann Lundin
Case Number: M8604005
Case Type: Endangered
Last Seen in: Port Lavaca (Calhoun County)
Last Seen on: 8/29/1978
Height: 5' 4 "
Weight: 110 lbs.
Age Missing: 20
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Date of Birth: 1/21/1958
Race: White
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Unknown
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mp...0:47:25AM'

The Doe Network:
Case File 115DFTX

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/115dftx.html

Wanda Lee Ann Priddy
Missing since August 29, 1978 from Port Lavaca, Calhoun County, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
&#8226;Date Of Birth: January 21, 1958
&#8226;Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
&#8226;Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4; 90 pounds
&#8226;Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
&#8226;Marks, Scars: She has scars on the chin, above one eye, and on top of the head.
&#8226;Clothing: She was last seen wearing a multicolored halter top, blue jeans, and brown shoes.
&#8226;AKA: Wanda Lee Ann Lundin, Wanda Lee Ann Miller
&#8226;Dentals: Two front teeth turn in toward each other.
&#8226;DNA: Available in CODIS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Priddy was reportedly last seen by her husband at their residence in Port Lavaca, Calhoun County, TX on August 29, 1978. Her personal belongings, including her purse and car keys, were still at the residence. Circumstances of this case indicate that foul play is possible.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Priddy's whereabouts, please contact:
Port Lavaca Police Department
361-552-3788
Or
Texas Missing Persons' Clearinghouse
800-346-3243
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

NCIC Number:
M-483114238
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information: Texas Missing Persons' Clearinghouse

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/11/200110:47:25AM'

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/priddy_wanda.html

Ruled out as Princess Blue:
Ruled Out Wanda Lee Ann Priddy - Missiing Since: 8/29/1978 from Port Lavaca, TX - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Wanda is not listed in NamUs at this time.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...pg=5822,1696839&dq=wanda-lee-ann-priddy&hl=en
The Victoria Advocate - Aug 8, 2001
Detective reopens cases of missing women

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...pg=5396,3098165&dq=wanda-priddy+missing&hl=en
Article on two pages, you will have to navigate the scanned newspaper to read all.
Wanda is mentioned later in the article.
The Victoria Advocate - Dec 20, 1984
(Henry Lee Lucas questioned about various missing persons).

Wanda has been missing 32 years. Come home soon.

Left: Age progression to 44 years.

Attachments

• WPriddy.jpg
    WPriddy.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 115
  • WPriddy1.jpg
    WPriddy1.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 110
Another article in the Victoria Advocate from Sept. 6, 1978 with more info.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AIBAJ&dq=wanda lee ann priddy&pg=2696,6226996

Her husband worked at a chemical firm in Palacios and said she was missing when he returned home. The house was open but not ransacked.

Her car was in front of the house and the car keys were in the house. Purse was on the kitchen table.

Nothing missing except a pair of blue jeans and two T-shirts. One with the slogan "Pleasure Seeker" and the other had "Where the Hell is Milwaukee" printed on it.

I also found marriage info on Ancestry that is somewhat interesting. Wanda and her husband were married 15 Jan 1977 and divorced 5 Dec 1978, less than 4 months after she disappeared.

This article is from 2001 when Priddy was considered as a match for a Jane Doe found in Lyon County, Iowa. Includes an interview with her mother. Kathryn Collins is also mentioned. She went missing from Port Lavaca two years after Wanda.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...EAAAAIBAJ&dq=wanda lee priddy&pg=5822,1696839

Continues here:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...EAAAAIBAJ&dq=wanda lee priddy&pg=3017,1743163

Related threads:

TX TX - Kathryn Elizabeth Collins, 23, Lolita-Port Lavaca, 1 April 1981 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Texas Killing Fields and Mysteries along I-45 -- Cases from 1970-1979 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I had been looking for additional photos of Wanda for quite some time, but I didn't know her maiden name or her high school, so I couldn't find any yearbook photos of her. But from the above article, I noticed that her mother's surname was Miller, and she was from Harlingen Texas (not Port Lavaca). From that, I found that Wanda Priddy was Wanda Miller, and she attended Harlingen HS.

Here's Wanda (Miller) Priddy's 11th grade portrait from the 1975 Harlingen (TX) High School Yearbook.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Wanda (Miller) Priddy - 11th Grade - 1975 Harlingen High School Yearbook.jpg
    Wanda (Miller) Priddy - 11th Grade - 1975 Harlingen High School Yearbook.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 203
Wanda is actually my cousin. While I'm too young to have known her, my dad was very close to her. I recently visited my great aunt and uncle (her parents) in Harlingen and since I've been working to find out as much as I can about her and her case. I haven't talked to my great aunt about it because she has been let down so many times by investigations that have led nowhere. I cannot believe that it's gone unsolved for so long. Thank you all for trying to keep her case alive and sharing what you can. I hope we can find peace for them before they pass away as they are in their late 70's-mid 80's now.

Wanda is actually my cousin. While I'm too young to have known her, my dad was very close to her. I recently visited my great aunt and uncle (her parents) in Harlingen and since I've been working to find out as much as I can about her and her case. I haven't talked to my great aunt about it because she has been let down so many times by investigations that have led nowhere. I cannot believe that it's gone unsolved for so long. Thank you all for trying to keep her case alive and sharing what you can. I hope we can find peace for them before they pass away as they are in their late 70's-mid 80's now.

what do you think happened to her?

Justice1978 As I said I knew her at the time all of this went down. we had been at a beach party together before this happened. And you are right there are certain "rumors" and issues that are active but with no body difficult to prove. Very frustrating. I too question inconsistencies and wonder if police did or did not follow up with them. I know certain people were never questioned or maybe wrong people questioned to give wrong answers? Not sure. IMHO the police dropped the ball in this case big time, covered for screw ups, and time has passed. There were interesting things going on within dept at time. Justice1978 would love to talk privately.

This colorful photo of her - anyone know when was it taken, how much time before disappearing ?

I might be very wrong , but found one thing that makes me sleepless; Here i found article about serial killer who was active till 1985. There were pictures of women found in his wallet and one of them - in my opinion - looks like Wanda; In the picture of that woman I've noticed some mark above the eye (might be just some picture' disturbance) - it's important because it was said Wanda has a scar above one eye; Please take a look and judge if that can be a match;

(Was asking about how old is she on colourful picture, because I was wondering how much she could have change since - puberty changes, time etc)
IMG_29032018_102558_0.png

IMG_29032018_101304_0.png

TX – Wanda “Wendy” Lee Ann Miller Priddy, W/F, 20, Port Lavaca, Calhoun Co, 29 Aug 1978

Wanda “Wendy” Lee Ann Miller Priddy

Capture.JPG Capture3.JPG Capture2 (2).JPG

Alias: Wanda Lee Ann Miller, Wanda Lee Ann Lundin

Last Contact: Tuesday, August 29th, 1978

Missing From: Port Lavaca, Calhoun County, Texas

Physical Description:
Race:
White
Sex: Female
DOB: 01/21/1958
Height: 5’4” (64”)
Weight: 90-110 lbs.
Hair: Light Brown, Long and straight
Eye Color: Brown
Clothing: Multi Colored halter top, blue jeans, brown shoes
Jewelry:
Characteristics
/Medical/Scars: Scars; chin, above eye, top of head, central incisors turn inward
Transportation:
Fingerprint Status
: Not Available
Dental Status: Available (Central incisors turn inward)
DNA Status: Available

Circumstances:
Wanda was last seen by her husband at their residence at 220 S Nueces on August 29, 1978 in Port Lavaca, Calhoun County, Texas. Wanda’s husband had arrived home at 6:30 am Wednesday, August 30th 1978 after working a night shift to find the front door open and Wanda was not there. Wanda left behind her purse on a table, car keys and the family car was parked out front. There was no evidence of a disturbance or struggle inside the home.

The only items that were missing were two tee shirts with slogans (1) Pleasure Seeker (2) Where the Hell is Milwaukee? along with a pair of blue jeans.

One of the last persons to see Wanda was a co-worker with Mr. Priddy, that picked up him up for work on Tuesday afternoon. The co-worker spoke with Wanda in the doorway and by all accounts appeared to be in good spirits. At the time Wanda was barefoot, wearing a halter top and shorts.

Later in the day two persons said they went to the house and spoke with Wanda for about 15 mins and left.

In 1991 investigators looked into a drifter and professed serial killer Donald Leroy Evans as a potential suspect in the disappearance of Wanda and Kathryn Collins no connection was made.

Evans lived in Galveston, TX and claimed to have started killing after he left the Marine Corp in 1977. Evans claimed to have killed people in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, North and South Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, Wyoming and possibly Georgia. As like many serial killers they like their claim to fame and tend to exaggerate their volume of murders.

In 2001 Detective Hart re-opened Wanda’s case due to a potential match of a Jane Doe found in Iowa. DNA was taken and was the JD was proven not to be Wanda.

During the initial investigation a man was questioned that knew both Wanda Priddy and Kathryn Collins. A case never developed as that there was not enough evidence to link the suspect. The man died in June 1991 in Grayson County, Texas at the age of 38.

Wanda and her husband were married Jan 15th, 1977 and a divorce was filed Dec 5th, 1978.

Investigating Agencies:
Port Lavaca Police Department
201 North Colorado Street
Port Lavaca, TX. 77979
Tele: 361.552.3788
MP Case # 78-1964
Web: Administration – City of Port Lavaca

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse, DPS
PO Box 4087
Austin, TX 78773
Tele: 512.424.5074 / 800.346.3243
MP Case # M8604005
Web: mpDetails

Information Sources:
NAMUS
MP Case # 8072: Missing Person Case
Case Manager: Michael Nance
Tele: 918.527.0080
E-Mail: Michael.Nance@unthsc.edu

Doe Network 115DFTX - The Doe Network: Case File 115DFTX

The Charley Project: Wanda Lee Ann Priddy – The Charley Project

News/Blogs:
09/06/78 – Victoria Advocate
10/13/78 – Victoria Advocate
08/29/79 – Victoria Advocate
04/11/81 – Victoria Advocate
07/25/82 – Austin American Statesman
12/20/84 – Victoria Advocate
08/15/91 – Victoria Advocate
06/23/98 – Victoria Advocate
08/08/01 – Victoria Advocate
04/27/02 – Victoria Advocate
04/13/03 – Victoria Advocate

Any news on this

I find it odd they know that two shirts are missing. Did this information come from her husband? How many husbands could point out shirts that are missing?

Recalling from memory believe it was her mother that stated all she could tell that was missing was 2 tee shirts and a pair of blue jeans.

Unsure how they were able to come up with the conclusion the 3 items were missing she may have worn the 2 shirts frequently could of been gifts from a relative or friend ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back