722 users online (78 members and 644 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Exclamation

The process to obtain DNA from Anna Mallari’s relatives is in the works. This could take up to 6 months once the samples are received, processed and completed for comparison to Princess Blue.

LET'S KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED EVERYONE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RKnowley View Post
    Anna Jovita Mallari - Missing Since: 12/1/1988 from El Paso, TX

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin

Missing Person Details

Date Picture Updated: 10/15/2001

Name: Anna Jovita Mallari
    Case Number: M8903009
    Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
    Last Seen in: El Paso (El Paso County)
    Last Seen on: 12/1/1988
    Height: 5' 0 "
    Weight: 115 lbs.
    Age Missing: 24
    Eye Color: Brown
    Hair Color: Black
    Date of Birth: 10/5/1964
    Race: Other
    Sex: Female
    State Missing From: Texas
    Country Missing From: USA
    Circumstances: Ms. Mallari has a c-section scar on her abdomen. She was reported missing by her employer when she did not show up for work.

ETA: She is Asian (Filipina) according to her Charley Project Page here: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mallari_anna.html
    Per RKnowley's request (via PM), I did a trace-line overlay for Princess Blue and Anna Jovita Mallari. I traced the features of PB's face, and transferred the trace line to AJM's photo.

While their eye spacing and relative positioning of their eyes noses and mouths are pretty close, the shape and width of their cheekbones and jawlines are completely off. Even if you allow a little horizontal tolerance to compensate for the slight angle at which Anna's head is turned, the difference is too significant.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-14-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Carl - could it be because the photo of Princess Blue is a sketch and not a real "photo" or do you think the sketch artist got it right?

I ask because if you look at the two sketches for Grateful Doe - they are very different and I think if you used the same process for the 2 sketches - it would appear they were not the same person, kwim?

Salem

Hi Rknowley..Hi everyone!...is it possible for you to check Anna's dental record? Because according to my source, Anna's mother sent her dental record and a hair sample but that was years ago, sometime in 1988-89...And also, a certain Sgt Gutierrez is the one handling this case before . It would really be appreciated if you could also check that possibility. Thank you..

I am going to see what I kind find out for you and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I am not certain, but, I would guess that Sgt. Gutierrez was with the El Paso PD?

Quote Originally Posted by red33chic View Post
    Hi Rknowley..Hi everyone!...is it possible for you to check Anna's dental record? Because according to my source, Anna's mother sent her dental record and a hair sample but that was years ago, sometime in 1988-89...And also, a certain Sgt Gutierrez is the one handling this case before . It would really be appreciated if you could also check that possibility. Thank you..

Contact Information For Anna's Case

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
    512-424-2811

Or

El Paso Police Department
    915-832-4445

NCIC Number: M-338417453
    Please refer to this (above) number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse

I am guessing that yes, that Sgt was probably with EL Paso PD. There was even a rumor (am not sure how true this is) that Anna's skull has cracks since her head was allegedly smashed by a baseball bat or something like that.

But as for Princess Blue, she doesn't have any cracks in her skull right?

They were unable to determine a cause of death for Princess Blue. If the rumor about Anna is determined to be true, then most she is most likely not Princess Blue. I need to read through some information about Princess Blue a bit more before I could say for sure what my opinion would be on the matter. Also, we have down that she has been missing since December 1, 1988. She was reported missing by her employer that date when she didn't show up for work. Do you have any idea when she was last seen by any family member?

I am curious about her dentals, does Anna's mother recall if Anna was missing any teeth, particularly tooth #10 (this is the tooth that is next to the left front tooth)? Tooth #10 had been surgically removed 3 months to 1 year prior to Princess Blue's death.

I will see what I can find out about about getting ahold of El Paso PD and seeing if they still have Anna's dentals and hair. Hopefully I will find out something soon and get back to you.

But as for Princess Blue, she doesn't have any cracks in her skull right?

I need to ask Anna's brothers about the missing tooth. That's correct, she has been missing since Dec 1988, her youngest son's birth date was August of 1988. Anna's parents are both deceased. I'm not sure if the hair sample was Anna's or her mom's... Her family was in Philippines and the only family that she had back then in TX was her husband who've gone missing as well right after Anna was reported missing. Her family never heard of her ever since.

I was just wondering...what if Anna is PB? what's going to happen next after all the DNA testing and it matches? All her relatives and family are in the Philippines.

If it does turn out that Anna is Princess Blue, I guess it would be up to her family to determine what they would like done with Anna's remains. If they would like her cremated, I believe that something could be done and her ashes could be returned to her family. I am not certain what arrangements could be made if Anna's family wanted Anna's body brought to the Philippines. I'm sure that there is something that could be worked out once it was determined if Anna is Princess Blue is Anna or not. I know it's a long progress, but, we are moving in the right direction. I do hope we can find out if Anna's dentals are available still or not. If so, that sure would make the process move along much faster.

On Monday, I will ahold of the Texas Missing Persons Clearing House and they can personally get in touch with the El Paso PD and ask them about the dental records and see if they still have them on records there so that they can compare them to Princess Blue's.

What I also think would be a good idea to do is to get Anna's information added to www.namus.gov which is a national database which compares missing persons to unidentied persons. I think you should look over the website and then if you need help in getting Anna's information added to the site I'd be more than glad to help out in any way I can.

Take care for now. I'll let you know what I find out.

I was just wondering...what if Anna is PB? what's going to happen next after all the DNA testing and it matches? All her relatives and family are in the Philippines.
    Last edited by Earthbound Misfit I; 06-21-2010 at 11:25 AM.

I'll check the website. And thank you so much for your help.

Hey all, I don't normally read the Princess Blue forum, but happened to independently run across Anna Jovita Mallari the other day and immediately thought "WOW, I wonder if the Princess Blue folks have checked this one." Happy to see this thread. Just wanted to back you all up with my two cents as someone from "outside" this case—I think she's the best bet yet.

Hi Zinc, sorry it has taken so long to reply to your post. I so hope that Anna is Princess Blue, the hard time (of course) is waiting to find out about the DNA being a match or not.

Fingers are still crossed xxxxx xxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by zinc View Post
    Hey all, I don't normally read the Princess Blue forum, but happened to independently run across Anna Jovita Mallari the other day and immediately thought "WOW, I wonder if the Princess Blue folks have checked this one." Happy to see this thread. Just wanted to back you all up with my two cents as someone from "outside" this case—I think she's the best bet yet.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast