Age Missing: 29
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Date of Birth: 9/23/1956
Race: Hispanic
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Ms. Velasquez has burn scars on the front of both thighs. She left her home to go to the store and never returned.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/1/200112:22:00PM'

Thanks to Salem we now know that Maria Trinidad VELASQUEZ has been ruled out by DNA. Thank you Salem for your work!
-----

I'd like to list the Pros & Cons of the possibility of Maria being Princess Blue.

I would also like to research and find possible family members of Maria's to have LE contact them & ask if they would submit their DNA.

Pros

• She is the right age to have attended Robert E. Lee (Houston) and be in the Class of 1975.
  • Her birthdate is in September so her birthstone would have been blue. The class ring on Princess Blue's finger has the blue stone.
  • She is right height/weight
  • She lived in Houston, Texas which isn't too far from Brazoria, Texas.

Maria Trinidad VELASQUEZ
There is no DNA family reference on file for Maria. If and when a DNA family reference sample is submitted, a request will be made for a comparison to Princess Blue.

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin

Missing Person Details

Date Picture Updated: 10/1/2001
m9603002.jpg
u0310014a.jpg

Name: Maria Trinidad Velasquez
Case Number: M9603002
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
Last Seen in: Houston (Harris County)
Last Seen on: 6/8/1986
Height: 5' 3 "
Weight: 130 lbs.
Age Missing: 29
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Date of Birth: 9/23/1956
Race: Hispanic
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Ms. Velasquez has burn scars on the front of both thighs. She left her home to go to the store and never returned.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/1/200112:22:00PM'

I need to refresh my memory, but Princess Blue had some kind of damage to one of her legs right?

RK-are you calling LE on Maria to see if she had any jewelry? The info says she had burn scars on her thighs - I wonder if a portion of the burn area could have brunt through to the bone and caused scarring on the bone?

Salem

If I recall correctly, it was once said that Princess Blue's knee may have had a "defect" behind her knee cap. It was said early on that she may have had a possible tumor behind knee. Later on, if I am remembering it correctly, there was no notation or evidence about a possibility of any defect on her knee. I could be incorrect though. It's been awhile since I reviewed everything regarding Princess Blue's case.

I need to refresh my memory, but Princess Blue had some kind of damage to one of her legs right?

RK-are you calling LE on Maria to see if she had any jewelry? The info says she had burn scars on her thighs - I wonder if a portion of the burn area could have brunt through to the bone and caused scarring on the bone?

Salem

This is what her autopsy said about her leg: basically nothing abnormal...
"except for a defect in the distal portion of the left tibia extending up to the articular surface and measured one inch in the virtucal dimension and 1-1/4 inches anteroposteriorly."

according to Emedicine.com, this basically means:
A triplane fracture of the distal tibia is generally sustained during adolescence and occurs before complete closure of the distal tibial physis (growth plate). It represents 5-10% of pediatric intra-articular ankle injuries and typically presents in children aged 12-15 years of age. The incidence is slightly higher in boys than in girls.

am I right? this is what I found so far.

Here is actual info from doenetwork on Princess Blue:

Skeletal Findings: Two fractured ribs; and a "defect" on a bone beneath her left knee. The victim possibly had a tumor on her knee.

Hello to all once again!!
It's been a really long time since I've been able to catch up here, much less post. So long in fact, that I had to re-register everything and it still acknowledges that there is a "sloane" on record here, and wouldn't let me re-use it. So I had to go with this name: sloane10. Anyway... I'm so happy there are still people active and concerned with identifyling so many of our Unidentifieds.. On behalf of the victims, I thank you!

Regarding the knee / bone issue here, it's kind of a question mark. The "possible tumor" was an educated guess / suggestion on the part of the first medical examiner's report all those years ago. When PB's remains were re-analyzed by forensic anthropologists in 2007, they made no significance of this issue. hard to say now, which medical report to abide by, but I think it's good to keep it in mind either way. thanks for the research MrsG728.

And btw, I think Velasquez is an excellent "possible." Nice job! :)

~ sloane

Hiya Sloane, good to see you here again!
Regarding Maria Trinidad Velasquez as a possible match to Princess Blue..Maria is quite a bit older than the estimated age for Princess Blue. Maria was 29 at the time of her disappearance. Maria also had at least 2 children at the time of her disappearance, whereas, it wasn't noted anywhere that Princess Blue had any children although it was still a possibility. What do you make of this?

Hello to all once again!!
It's been a really long time since I've been able to catch up here, much less post. So long in fact, that I had to re-register everything and it still acknowledges that there is a "sloane" on record here, and wouldn't let me re-use it. So I had to go with this name: sloane10. Anyway... I'm so happy there are still people active and concerned with identifyling so many of our Unidentifieds.. On behalf of the victims, I thank you!

Regarding the knee / bone issue here, it's kind of a question mark. The "possible tumor" was an educated guess / suggestion on the part of the first medical examiner's report all those years ago. When PB's remains were re-analyzed by forensic anthropologists in 2007, they made no significance of this issue. hard to say now, which medical report to abide by, but I think it's good to keep it in mind either way. thanks for the research MrsG728.

And btw, I think Velasquez is an excellent "possible." Nice job! :)

~ sloane

A couple of Pros for Maria Trinidad Velasquez being Princess Blue are:

• She is the right age to have attended Robert E. Lee (Houston) and be in the Class of 1975.
  • Her birthdate is in September so her birthstone would have been blue. The class ring on Princess Blue's finger has the blue stone.
  • She is right height/weight
  • She lived in Houston, Texas which isn't too far from Brazoria, Texas.

Maria also had at least 2 children at the time of her disappearance, whereas, it wasn't noted anywhere that Princess Blue had any children although it was still a possibility. What do you make of this?

Good observations, RK. You know, every time I talk to anthropologists across the country, I get varying opinions to the issue of if the bone can "tell" us if a woman has experienced pregnancy and / or birth. Some say yes, due to the pitting, even going so far as to say HOW MANY births. Others say the pitting is not observeable (sp?) until the second birth, so if it is found, she must have had at least 2 births. Still others dismiss it and say this is not always the case, so one shouldn't commit that to writing, as in a forensic report. So once again, I guess we must consider it a variable... :waitasec:

I don't think it's unreasonable to think that they are off in the age range. There was another case on here where the unidentified was guessed to be one age and then found to be someone who was way out of that age range. Keeping my fingers crossed that we can give her her name back soon.

A couple of Pros for Maria Trinidad Velasquez being Princess Blue are:

She is the right age to have attended Robert E. Lee (Houston) and be in the Class of 1975.
Her birthdate is in September so her birthstone would have been blue. The class ring on Princess Blue's finger has the blue stone.
She is right height/weight
She lived in Houston, Texas which isn't too far from Brazoria, Texas

Right! AND, her facial features are a good likeness to the facial reconstruction(s). Not perfect, but pretty good - even down to the over-plucked eyebrows shown in one of the versions of PB, as was the style back then...

It's the only possible girl that gave me goosebumps when I saw her. Look at the space between eyebrows and the bridge of her nose. In addition, Maria looks like someone who would wear jewelry, and she is Hispanic.

Those of you who have done all this research, AMAZING job. Such hard work...

I love this one as a possible match. Isnt her name on the spread sheet of Maria's that attended the school??? I am trying to remember from my days of sleuthing from it....

edit:
I meant the Princess Blue Spreadsheet of the High School Students

Spread sheet of Maria's? I'm not sure what spread sheet you are talking about? Thanks.

I love this one as a possible match. Isnt her name on the spread sheet of Maria's that attended the school??? I am trying to remember from my days of sleuthing from it....

Thanks! I tend to be slow at times. I wasn't sure if somebody named Maria did a spread sheet also, or if there was a spread sheet full of different Maria's on it and Maria Trinidad Velasquez was one of the Maria's on that spread sheet. Nevermind me, lol!

I think she is talking about the spread sheet we all worked on that contained the names of everyone that attended R.L High School.

Salem, if you or someone else would like to call LE about Maria, I'm cool with it.

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back