Ruled out by Dentals

The Doe Network:

Case File 487DFWA

MMock.jpg
MMock1.jpg

MMock2.jpg
MMock3.jpg

Misty Michelle Mock
Missing since June 1, 1989 from Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: August 28, 1966
Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0"; 115-130 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown wavy hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: She has a small scar on the back of one knee. Pierced ears, small pox mark near tip of nose.
Dentals: Available. Chipped front tooth, 13 fillings in teeth.
Medical Conditions: Possibly 5 months pregnant
Other: She was a heavy drug user, and drinker and smoked cigarettes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
The last contact with Mock was in southern Georgia, where she was last seen being arrested. She lead a transient lifestyle. Since then there has been no trace of Misty, who according to one police officer, was about five months pregnant at the time of her arrest.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Tacoma Police Department

The Doe Network:
Case File 487DFWA

Misty Michelle Mock
Missing since June 1, 1989 from Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: August 28, 1966
Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0"; 115-130 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown wavy hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: She has a small scar on the back of one knee. Pierced ears, small pox mark near tip of nose.
Dentals: Available. Chipped front tooth, 13 fillings in teeth.
Medical Conditions: Possibly 5 months pregnant
Other: She was a heavy drug user, and drinker and smoked cigarettes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
The last contact with Mock was in southern Georgia, where she was last seen being arrested. She lead a transient lifestyle. Since then there has been no trace of Misty, who according to one police officer, was about five months pregnant at the time of her arrest.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Tacoma Police Department

NamUs has Misty's LSA date as April 1, 1989. So now we have April '89, Oct '88 and June '89.
Using the NamUs date - today is 25 years Misty has been missing.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/842/15

Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
Fingerprint Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

I wonder why fingerprints aren't available if she was last seen being arrested.

Hi everyone, I am new here so please excuse me if I do this wrong. This is my sister Misty. I would like to clear somethings up about this case. Not that it would make to much of a difference in the case. ( I am not sure anyway)The last time I seen Misty was Jan 20 1988.
I don't even remember where she was going to be honest. I know it was January 20 because my son was 10 days old and it was the first time she had ever seen him. We got a call from the police in or around Oct through Dec of 1988. They said she was drunk in public they were going to have to hold her in an office space, they only had a mans jail? Sounds crazy I know. They said she looked possibly pregnant, looking maybe 5 months or so. I was 5 months pregnant at the time also. The police released her after she sobered up and took her off the missing list. So we had to redo that whole thing again down the line somewhere.
With that said we don't know if she was pregnant or not. My guess is that bad livers could make a person look pregnant. I am guessing here. It could have been anything. Also I am inclined to think Misty may have had Polly cystic ovaries. One because she had done plenty to get pregnant in the past and she had a hair problem. Hairy back, arms etc...That is a symptom of this disorder.
Also she was 4'10 1/2" tall not 5.0 She had had dental work and had fillings but had a prefect smile. She had a small chip on a front tooth but it was not noticeable (to me anyway) She wore a smaller sized shoe like 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 in tennis shoes maybe lager in dress type shoes. Also she mostly wore nice type clothing with hills. I did not see her in tennis shoes very often. Her pants size ranged from a 0 to maybe a smaller 5.
One more thing the police do have finger prints of hers but they are most likely under my other sisters name. Due to Misty giving my other sisters name when she shop lifted once. I am unaware if GA took prints or not.
I guess that is it for now. Anyway my name is Benita I am not only here to help with anything if possible but I would like to find my sister also. Happy spring everyone!

Sorry if I am doing this wrong. Here is my question if anyone knows the answer I would be grateful. I believe I found my sister on namus. Here is the thing. This case just appeared on namus not to long ago, as I am always looking.Why now appear? There is no composite? The case its self does not list likelihood of finding identity (in stars) plus it says there is no DNA or dentals??Why would that be? Case number 2187

Hey bigsis, is it the Gilmer County, Georgia Jane Doe?
http://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/2187

If it is her Doe Network page says her dentals are available. I would give the case worker or agency working the case a call if you feel that it could be her. I'm not sure they would have done a DNA profile back in 92 but if they didn't maybe they could exhume the remains and do one if they feel they had a good chance identifying her. This is all guesswork on my part maybe someone more knowledgeable will chime in, good luck to you.

Her Doe page,
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/980ufga.html

Bumping this case. Does anyone know if Misty has ever been submitted and compared to the to the doe found in Gilmer County, Ga.?

Hi everyone, I am new here so please excuse me if I do this wrong. This is my sister Misty. I would like to clear somethings up about this case. Not that it would make to much of a difference in the case. ( I am not sure anyway)The last time I seen Misty was Jan 20 1988.
I don't even remember where she was going to be honest. I know it was January 20 because my son was 10 days old and it was the first time she had ever seen him. We got a call from the police in or around Oct through Dec of 1988. They said she was drunk in public they were going to have to hold her in an office space, they only had a mans jail? Sounds crazy I know. They said she looked possibly pregnant, looking maybe 5 months or so. I was 5 months pregnant at the time also. The police released her after she sobered up and took her off the missing list. So we had to redo that whole thing again down the line somewhere.
With that said we don't know if she was pregnant or not. My guess is that bad livers could make a person look pregnant. I am guessing here. It could have been anything. Also I am inclined to think Misty may have had Polly cystic ovaries. One because she had done plenty to get pregnant in the past and she had a hair problem. Hairy back, arms etc...That is a symptom of this disorder.
Also she was 4'10 1/2" tall not 5.0 She had had dental work and had fillings but had a prefect smile. She had a small chip on a front tooth but it was not noticeable (to me anyway) She wore a smaller sized shoe like 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 in tennis shoes maybe lager in dress type shoes. Also she mostly wore nice type clothing with hills. I did not see her in tennis shoes very often. Her pants size ranged from a 0 to maybe a smaller 5.
One more thing the police do have finger prints of hers but they are most likely under my other sisters name. Due to Misty giving my other sisters name when she shop lifted once. I am unaware if GA took prints or not.
I guess that is it for now. Anyway my name is Benita I am not only here to help with anything if possible but I would like to find my sister also. Happy spring everyone!

NamUs MP # 842 Misty Mock If you ever need help with her NamUs profile; I know her case worker. Glad to see there is DNA.

I just looked up the Georgia Jane Doe the sister found & Misty has been ruled out as a match. I hope the family can find some answers. I cannot even imagine going through something like this. Sad.

Misty is still missing. Refreshing casefile
The Doe Network: Misty Michelle Mock - 487DFWA
Misty Michelle Mock – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

misty_michelle_mock_5.jpg
misty_michelle_mock_6.jpg

Misty left Tacoma, Washington in approximately October 1988. She traveled to Beaumont, Texas and resided there for a few months. Misty then traveled to Lafayette, Louisiana and on to Florida.

I came across a doe that reminded me a lot of Misty.

564UFNC

564UFNC4_LARGE.jpg Screenshot_20210111-221318.png

Jaw of the doe is just a guess, since they half no mandible to work with. Other metrics match pretty much. No mention of child birth though. What do you guys think?

I'll cyberstalk Misty a bit now that she has appeared on my radar.

This case reminded me of Cristal Spencer... pretty girl with a transitory lifestyle out of necessity... if a woman comes to work like that she deserves all our respect since to put up with any dirty, smelly oily guy you have to have guts ...I think she was murdered by some mentally ill guy...
either way
rest in peace

14 Unidentified Person Exclusions
1706915542714.jpeg
1706915553739.jpeg
1706915565513.jpeg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors