1066 users online (224 members and 842 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 236
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
    Bumping this thread up as I feel this guy needs to be looked at with a fine toothed comb. His actions just don't add up. He's going to court for a pending case that could possibly brand him as a RSO yet, he's donating furniture to the headquarters being set up by the victim's mother? Doesn't make sense.
    Bumped again.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Right Here
    Posts
    5,352
    I don't know if this belongs on this thread or not, so forgive me if I guessed wrong.

    Per the criminal dockets of the Putnam County Clerk of Courts, on June 1, 2009, DSnod was granted yet another continuance in his trial for capital sexual battery. His trial was slated in March to begin on June 22.

    Gotta give his lawyer credit - she has worked the system well on behalf of her client, if not for the good of the citizenry.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In a bubble.
    Posts
    2,258
    It isn't necessarily a move on the attorney's part to continue the trial to a later date. Conflicting schedules of the defense, prosecution and other trials come into play. For instance, a court may schedule 6 trials on one day knowing that most of them will settle (civil) and some will ask for continuances. The court is trying to make sure that days aren't wasted without trials taking place. If a trial that was scheduled before yours actually goes to trial, the court must continue yours. Hope I am being clear.

    It's a PITA if it is done at the last minute because you have alreaedy served subpoenas on witnesses, scheduled experts, readied the staff, continued other cases or depositions and spent all your time preparing for trial. Then you walk into the court room with all your evidence and briefcases and learn that you've been continued. Then it's a matter of having everyone in the office contact all the people who were coming to the trial to tell them and you have a very mad and confused client, dressed for court, tired from a sleepless night and the hours of prep.

    And a few months later, you get to do it all over again.

    And, when the court requests the continuance or it is due to court conflict, one of the attorneys is asked to prepare the paperwork for filing and signature by the Judge.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,568
    Quote Originally Posted by LFlorida View Post
    I don't know if this belongs on this thread or not, so forgive me if I guessed wrong.

    Per the criminal dockets of the Putnam County Clerk of Courts, on June 1, 2009, DSnod was granted yet another continuance in his trial for capital sexual battery. His trial was slated in March to begin on June 22.

    Gotta give his lawyer credit - she has worked the system well on behalf of her client, if not for the good of the citizenry.
    LFlorida I can't get into the court docs for some reason, for the last 2 days, anyway I knew there was a motion for continuance made on the 1st, I am presuming by your post that the motion was granted, do you know when his trial was continued to?

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    415
    Too bad that his ex wife can't be used for a witness

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Right Here
    Posts
    5,352
    Quote Originally Posted by DotsEyes View Post
    It isn't necessarily a move on the attorney's part to continue the trial to a later date. Conflicting schedules of the defense, prosecution and other trials come into play. For instance, a court may schedule 6 trials on one day knowing that most of them will settle (civil) and some will ask for continuances. The court is trying to make sure that days aren't wasted without trials taking place. If a trial that was scheduled before yours actually goes to trial, the court must continue yours. Hope I am being clear.

    It's a PITA if it is done at the last minute because you have alreaedy served subpoenas on witnesses, scheduled experts, readied the staff, continued other cases or depositions and spent all your time preparing for trial. Then you walk into the court room with all your evidence and briefcases and learn that you've been continued. Then it's a matter of having everyone in the office contact all the people who were coming to the trial to tell them and you have a very mad and confused client, dressed for court, tired from a sleepless night and the hours of prep.

    And a few months later, you get to do it all over again.

    And, when the court requests the continuance or it is due to court conflict, one of the attorneys is asked to prepare the paperwork for filing and signature by the Judge.
    You are absolutely correct [as far as my ltd knowledge goes]. But they have dragged this out since December 2007. I know Ed Hed., the judge, one of my dad's close friends. Pretty no-nonsense.

    You may have seen him on CourtTV about 2 yrs ago - the guy who claimed a robber went to a very secluded beach [Guana State Park] to find a victim to rob. The imaginary perp managed to shoot and kill the estranged wife, but the estranged husband only had a superficial wound. Can't recall the husband's name - he worked w/my husband - but the hub was convicted of murdering his wife - there was no armed robber, just a SOB who didn't want to pay child support/alimony.

    And you're right about the continuance - it was a motion for continuance, now that I think about it. Last I looked, the motion had not been granted or denied. [Like you, I have had problems w/that site the last 2 days - keep getting what appear to me to be very strange, irrelevant results to my searches.]

    Please forgive my misstatements. btw - whenever it is that the trial starts, I am going to try to attend to Let Judge Ed & Company know that somebody's paying attn.
    Last edited by LFlorida; 06-06-2009 at 03:22 AM. Reason: close bracket

  7. #52
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    3,315
    I listened to Simon Barrett's program recorded on Sunday, November 1 and a caller asked why LE hasn't searched Daniel Snodgrass's property or examined the furniture and materials he wanted to donate to the HaLeigh Bug Foundation for DNA and fingerprint evidence? She said Snodgrass's court hearing scheduled for June has been delayed, DS is a SSO, and this caller asked why LE is handling this guy with kid gloves? This could be the property Diane, the psychic from Georgia, who called into Simon Barrett's Show 2 weeks ago said LE needed to searched for HaLeigh She gave the name Marty and that is Daniel's roommate's name, the name Jeffrey Wands, another psychic gave when he did a reading for TN and RC before the Maury Povich Show. DS was a unicycle teacher and Misty said HaLeigh was popping wheelies in the yard the evening she disappeared. I would think DS would be interested in HaLeigh for this reason. Many suspected 2 men were involved in HaLeigh's abduction and here we have 2 men, Marty and Daniel Snodgrass.

    Now Misty Saunders interview with Cobra has been posted with impt information about her stepfather, Daniel Snodgrass.
    Last edited by Crosby87; 11-03-2009 at 12:04 AM. Reason: add paragraph

  8. #53
    KOOL LOOK's Avatar
    KOOL LOOK is offline ~~~Sin is the Cause of all Sorrow~~~For this Gal, "Love" is my Vengence
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Posts
    6,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Who Cares View Post
    Does a sex offender live near your child's school?
    Published: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.
    Last Modified: Monday, November 2, 2009 at 10:26 p.
    <snipped>
    When the search began for Haleigh Cummings and Somer Thompson, two North Florida girls who disappeared this year from their neighborhoods, officers immediately started questioning registered sex offenders living near their homes.

    Investigators spoke to 44 sex offenders within a 5-mile radius of Haleigh's Putnam County home, where she was last seen on Feb. 9.

    "We have found plenty of cases where there have been multiple (victims) where the person was not in the system at all," she said. "Some of the sex offenders who have the most victims probably have never been or will never be identified."

    Article:
    http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...hild-s-school-
    bbm in red, well we already know and suspect such statistics, but to read it in print from officials just sends chills down my soul. Could Haleigh be a victim of an unknown sexual predator? With the latest current news headlines, like the serial killer in Ohio, makes one wonder. Scary stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Who Cares View Post
    Croslin's brother jailed on drug charges
    Posted: Friday, November 6, 2009
    Updated: 12:11 AM on Friday, November 6, 2009
    <snipped>
    He was charged with possession of a controlled substance, a third-degree felony, and possession of drug paraphernalia, a first-degree misdemeanor, and was being held at the county jail on $1,508 bond.

    In a news release, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said it was not giving interviews regarding the arrest as it "does not have any bearing on the Haleigh Cummings investigation, and we do not want subsequent arrests, such as this one, to cause distractions for our investigative team."

    Article:
    http://www.staugustine.com/stories/1..._2153223.shtml

    Taken from the stickies thread for discussion purposes as I found an interesting statement by PCSO concerning "Their" investigation of Haleighs case. I wanted others to comment as it struck me odd yet again about the seemingly dis-attached PCSO from the publics rightful need for information and a thorough investigation. Bless our two members Angel and MadJgnlaw for their dedication and time spent.

    bbm in red, this statement bugs me. If they are for real, and who knows, to take the statement literally would be a mistake on LE side. But they could be once again detering attention away from "Their" investigation.
    But, I really don't see how they can make this kind of statement, as Tommy's behaviors since Haleigh went missing is very telling as it's continually piliferating quickly in a downward spiral of criminal behavior.

    Are we now getting a glimpse of the real Tommy? Could he have been so criminally inclined for a long time? As we don't have his juvenile records if any, to look at and sleuth.
    Last edited by KOOL LOOK; 11-06-2009 at 12:03 PM.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,555
    I have read some posts elsewhere with a close neighbor pretty much defending Snodgrass, I can't link, if this post violates TOS my apologies please delete.
    "I learned that it is the weak who are cruel, and that gentleness is to be expected only from the strong."~Leo Rosten

    “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” ~Mother Teresa of Calcutta


    "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." ~ Marcus Aurelius

  10. #55
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Flossie JMO View Post
    I have read some posts elsewhere with a close neighbor pretty much defending Snodgrass, I can't link, if this post violates TOS my apologies please delete.
    Don't they know he was charged in 2007 for sexual misconduct with a minor which occurred in the backyard of his house? How can anyone condone his behavior? Snodgrass's next door neighbor's are elderly and they were interviewed by the press after Snodgrass was arrested in 2007 for sexual misconduct with underage girls. The reporter said, "He (the next door neighbors)are still stunned". And the elderly male said, "I can't believe it, right next door here, it's terrible, it scares me to death".

    http://www.news4jax.com/news/14898136/detail.html#video
    Last edited by Crosby87; 11-06-2009 at 01:47 PM.


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,555
    I saw that video. I think perhaps the person feels innocent until proven guilty.
    "I learned that it is the weak who are cruel, and that gentleness is to be expected only from the strong."~Leo Rosten

    “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” ~Mother Teresa of Calcutta


    "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." ~ Marcus Aurelius

  12. #57
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Flossie JMO View Post
    I saw that video. I think perhaps the person feels innocent until proven guilty.
    I hope they think twice about letting their grandchildren go over there to play unsupervised.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,555
    It's not those people, it's a different person.
    "I learned that it is the weak who are cruel, and that gentleness is to be expected only from the strong."~Leo Rosten

    “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” ~Mother Teresa of Calcutta


    "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." ~ Marcus Aurelius

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    Posts
    5,354
    I am lost. lol
    The depths of which we are able to love will be measured by the depths we are able to love ourselves....et

    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must NEVER be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

  15. #60
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    3,315
    Can we continue our discussion on DS here?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast