1325 users online (235 members and 1090 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

The Suburban memorial site is up for sale. **UPDATE SOLD** OR NOT?

Lightbulb

How about the land is bought or donated and a permanent Memorial to Caylee, perhaps a park with benches, or a garden- provided the land is cleared of swamps and snakes as a tribute to Caylee, whose life was too short?????
    Last edited by LinasK; 03-18-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: typo
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

I would love that idea.

It didnt say in the article how much its being sold for. does anyone know?

I also like your idea LinasK!

.....*`*. ☆ .*`*. ♥ .*`*. ☆ .*`*......
    ....●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ In Memory of Caylee Marie Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●....
    ........✿*`*. (`v) (`v) .*`*✿............
    ........ . . ✿*`*.(`v).*`*✿ . . ...........
    ..........♥♥.*. ☆ .*``..`*. ☆ .*.♥♥............. R.I.P Sweet Angel ♥ Forever Remembered & Never Forgotten ♥

Not being mean, but the owner of the parcel of land did not ask for this property to become a shrine. The owner bought it, I would imagine, as an investment. Now, for all intents, it's useless. The owner should not have to take a loss on the property - just another victim in this crime.

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    How about the land is bought or donated and a permanent Memorial to Caylee, perhaps a park with benches, or a garden- provided the land is cleared of swamps and snakes as a tribute to Caylee, who's life was too short?????
    I would have no problem with it being a park or garden of some type in honor of murdered children, but it should not be named after Caylee. It should be bought at fair market value. The owner has no reason to take a loss on it just because KC tossed her baby there.

The Anthonys, being the money grubbers they have shown themselves to be would be suing for the rights to it and take it as their "personal" place. As uncaring as this sounds, she is just one of MANY murdered children in Florida.

It should be in memorial to ALL those children.

Is this it? I cannot tell. The map says no.

I cannot tell if this is it. the map says no, but I figured you guys could tell from the pictures. I think the curve in the picture makes it NOT the property?

Property Information Save Listing
    Property Features
    • Land Property
    • County: Orange County

• Subdivision: CHICKASAW OAKS PH 2
    • Type: Residential Development
    • Lot features: In County, Near Airport

• Topography: Wetlands
    • Parcel Access: Street Paved

Listing Information
    Refreshed at 3:49 PM (15 minutes ago)
    Added on Mar 12, 2009 (6 days ago)
    To access this page directly, use
    http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...793_1107588066

The price is $89,900

Laece is offline Bring it on down to Omelette-ville-ahhh!
    why would the owner take a loss? if anything, i would think the now very well-known property would be worth more than it was. whether we agree with it or not, there are people out there who would pay a lot of money to own this spot as part of their 'collection'.
    do not use my posts without my written permission, other than for use contained within quoting on this websleuths site.

just because you always think someone is hiding in the bushes, doesn't mean that they're not.

You're out of the woods
    You're out of the dark

You're out of the night
    Step into the sun, step into the light.

Just stop it, Casey.

the second photo does look quite a bit like it to me, JBean, but not the other two.

That's the only new listing I found on suburban. but I didn't spend too much time on it.

Laece is offline Bring it on down to Omelette-ville-ahhh!
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs5298 View Post
    Looking at the crime scene photos it looks to be the whole thing along the south side of Suburban Drive.

In the second picture you can see the street light post that formed the eastern end of the crime scene. You can see a No Tresspassing sign on one of the trees and the area on the right side of the frame in that second pic is pretty well cleared.

I imagine the $89K is for the whole wooded area there.

Here's an aerial shot.
    (pic snipped for space)

is there an aerial shot of the distance between the crime scene (or speculated land for sale) and the anthony home?
    do not use my posts without my written permission, other than for use contained within quoting on this websleuths site.

just because you always think someone is hiding in the bushes, doesn't mean that they're not.

You're out of the woods
    You're out of the dark

You're out of the night
    Step into the sun, step into the light.

Just stop it, Casey.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    That's the only new listing I found on suburban. but I didn't spend too much time on it.
    I did just notice that the listing map is incorrect, because when you switch to birds eye the property marked is not vacant land. It is not unusual for those maps to hit the right street but the wrong property.

I sure wish that some of the money being poured into casey's defense would be used to purchase this land and set up a park with playground.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

ecs5298 is offline Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL & Hardwood Mulch King & Bacon Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    I did just notice that the listing map is incorrect, because when you switch to birds eye the property marked is not vacant land. It is not unusual for those maps to hit the right street but the wrong property.
    Here's the parcel that's for sale. It's parcell 00021.

I've placed a dot where the body was found.

"When it all goes down the crapper, don't come crying to me. You were warned" - ecs5298, November 6, 2012

I can't imagine there were any buyers for the property before it became Caylee's dump site. The ad says it is Wetlands. I don't know about in Florida, but here you can't do anything with Wetlands, it's protected. No building, no fill - nothing. The owner has a piece of property that has no market value - it is worthless. The best he can do is donate it to the county and get rid of the liability.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast