The Suburban memorial site is up for sale. **UPDATE SOLD** OR NOT?

How about the land is bought or donated and a permanent Memorial to Caylee, perhaps a park with benches, or a garden- provided the land is cleared of swamps and snakes as a tribute to Caylee, whose life was too short?????

It didnt say in the article how much its being sold for. does anyone know?

I also like your idea LinasK!

Not being mean, but the owner of the parcel of land did not ask for this property to become a shrine. The owner bought it, I would imagine, as an investment. Now, for all intents, it's useless. The owner should not have to take a loss on the property - just another victim in this crime.

How about the land is bought or donated and a permanent Memorial to Caylee, perhaps a park with benches, or a garden- provided the land is cleared of swamps and snakes as a tribute to Caylee, who's life was too short?????

I would have no problem with it being a park or garden of some type in honor of murdered children, but it should not be named after Caylee. It should be bought at fair market value. The owner has no reason to take a loss on it just because KC tossed her baby there.

The Anthonys, being the money grubbers they have shown themselves to be would be suing for the rights to it and take it as their "personal" place. As uncaring as this sounds, she is just one of MANY murdered children in Florida.

It should be in memorial to ALL those children.

I cannot tell if this is it. the map says no, but I figured you guys could tell from the pictures. I think the curve in the picture makes it NOT the property?

le2730442-m0m.jpg

le2730442-m1m.jpg

le2730442-m2m.jpg

Property Information Save Listing
Property Features
  • Land Property
  • County: Orange County

• Subdivision: CHICKASAW OAKS PH 2
  • Type: Residential Development
  • Lot features: In County, Near Airport

• Topography: Wetlands
  • Parcel Access: Street Paved
Listing Information
Refreshed at 3:49 PM (15 minutes ago)
Added on Mar 12, 2009 (6 days ago)
To access this page directly, use
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/Orlando_FL_32793_1107588066

The price is $89,900

why would the owner take a loss? if anything, i would think the now very well-known property would be worth more than it was. whether we agree with it or not, there are people out there who would pay a lot of money to own this spot as part of their 'collection'.

the second photo does look quite a bit like it to me, JBean, but not the other two.

That's the only new listing I found on suburban. but I didn't spend too much time on it.

Looking at the crime scene photos it looks to be the whole thing along the south side of Suburban Drive.

In the second picture you can see the street light post that formed the eastern end of the crime scene. You can see a No Tresspassing sign on one of the trees and the area on the right side of the frame in that second pic is pretty well cleared.

I imagine the $89K is for the whole wooded area there.

Here's an aerial shot.

(pic snipped for space)

is there an aerial shot of the distance between the crime scene (or speculated land for sale) and the anthony home?

That's the only new listing I found on suburban. but I didn't spend too much time on it.
I did just notice that the listing map is incorrect, because when you switch to birds eye the property marked is not vacant land. It is not unusual for those maps to hit the right street but the wrong property.

I sure wish that some of the money being poured into casey's defense would be used to purchase this land and set up a park with playground.

I did just notice that the listing map is incorrect, because when you switch to birds eye the property marked is not vacant land. It is not unusual for those maps to hit the right street but the wrong property.

Here's the parcel that's for sale. It's parcell 00021.

I've placed a dot where the body was found.

suburban-parcel.jpg

I can't imagine there were any buyers for the property before it became Caylee's dump site. The ad says it is Wetlands. I don't know about in Florida, but here you can't do anything with Wetlands, it's protected. No building, no fill - nothing. The owner has a piece of property that has no market value - it is worthless. The best he can do is donate it to the county and get rid of the liability.

I'm surprised it's taken the property owner this long to put it up for sale. In our current economic crisis I wouldn't expect or even hope the owner would donate it for any reason. He/She has been thrust into a spotlight they never expected or wanted to be in. I'm certain they are ready for this part of their lives to be over so they can move on.

I can't imagine there were any buyers for the property before it became Caylee's dump site. The ad says it is Wetlands. I don't know about in Florida, but here you can't do anything with Wetlands, it's protected. No building, no fill - nothing. The owner has a piece of property that has no market value - it is worthless. The best he can do is donate it to the county and get rid of the liability.
So could the county make it habitable? If not, perhaps a sign,"The Caylee Marie Anthony Memorial Wetlands"?

Here's the parcel that's for sale. It's parcell 00021.

I've placed a dot where the body was found.

suburban-parcel.jpg
OKay that's the property then. I am looking at title records and I cannot find a parcel 00021 though. all the numbers around it but not that one. no matter.

Personally, I hope that if LP does buy that land on Suburban, as it's being reported here: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/032009padilla_interested_in_land , that he's at least interested (though exactly how "interested" he is one can never tell, unless one actually offers the asking price, which LP did NOT do,) in doing something beautiful for Caylee with it, and does not turn it into a tourist attraction.

Maybe a neighborhood children's park, as other WSers have suggested might be done elsewhere in the city...
see: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81635 ,

I don't think Caylee died where she was finally found, so I don't view the area as a murder scene, and I do like to believe that God/Caylee/Angels had a hand in Caylee being found, considering the physical circumstances, so as sad as it is she is deceased, I was happy she was found.

I would take my dear daughter to play at such a park to honor Caylee's memory - and my dear little one is a mere 6 months behind Caylee in age. Plus, the "honoring" of Caylee could be simply in the building of a park - there need not be any specific written and/or visible reference to her anywhere.

i personally would like to see a playground built. maybe one of the big wooden kinds...calling it " CAYLEE'S CASTLE'. fitting for the princess she was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back