BLUE VAN:Investigation**REVISITED**

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Who does this van belong to? Either the cousin is involved or Misty and her family is trying hard to hang him for this.

New Details About Evidence In The Haleigh Cummings Investigation
Last Update: 7:05 pm
<snipped>
Sitting in the driveway of Misty Cummings former home is a van driven by her sister-in-law. The light blue vehicle doesn&#8217;t look like anything out of the ordinary, but it was something investigators thought important enough to impound and analyze at their crime lab for weeks.

The woman who drives that van is Misty Cummings sister-in-law, Chelsea Croslin. Misty was the last person to see Haleigh the night she was taken. Chelsea said the family got the van back just before the weekend.

Search For Haleigh-"Evidence Released": VIDEO 1:50
http://www.cbs47.com/mediacenter/loc...com&navCatId=5

Article:
http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstor...4ZPyUJb7g.cspx

The van had been moved sometime that evening, but appeared to be at Chelsea's home...during the same time frame as JO if we read into what she is saying.:

Chelsea Croslin said the night Haleigh disappeared, a family member was staying with them. She says around 4 a.m., when Misty called them to tell them Haleigh was missing, they went outside to the van to drive to Haleigh&#8217;s home

Chelsea said she immediately noticed the van was not in the same spot she left it.

&#8220;I know I don&#8217;t park like that, and I was the last to drive the van.&#8221;

This article indicates this is Misty's van:

&#8220;The day Haleigh went missing, everyone was looking for her&#8230;she (Misty) called me later that night and said 'Chelsea, please tell me you&#8217;re the one who put the scratch in my van.' I started crying and told her there&#8217;s no way I put the scratch in her van," said Chelsea.

~snip~

Chelsea Croslin believes the only explanation is that at some point during the night Haleigh was taken, the family member staying with her took the van. Police said they have tracked that man down and questioned him. They also said he has not been ruled out as a suspect.

http://www.cbs47.com/content/topsto...ce-In-The-Haleigh/1k5Lp9GD2E2M74ZPyUJb7g.cspx (Bolded by me)

The van thing has always been interesting....along with Misty's blanket being in it.

has anyone thought of this scenario?

something happens to Haleigh that Misty did, was a part of, or walked in on

she, she and an accomplice, or just an accomplice then walk thru the woods and gets the van. They use it. It gets scratched. They return it but park in a different position and walk back to the home.

When Misty says, "I just saw three" but did not state the minutes about when she woke up...could that have been the time on the clock she glanced at when she returns home?

What bothers me most is the position of the van. IT HAD BEEN MOVED DURING THE NIGHT OF HALEIGH VANISHING. It was also SCRATCHED. It leads me to believe that this van was driven in thick brush. moo of course

What is even more interesting.....Chelsea gets the call about four am about Haleigh and goes out to drive over to their home and notices the van is not the way she parked it. Later that evening Misty asks her about the scratch and Chelsea knew nothing of it. I think Misty, in opening this line of "scratch" communication, is trying to pass the buck on the scratch and think that perhaps the scratch was first brought to her attention by dets during questioning after the car was seized.

again moo

but this van deal, to me, makes a second key in this case

thank you Q for starting this thread

nurse wonders if there are any firebreak roads or back roads in the woods between Misty's and Chelsea's... any roads that would lead out of the area and be of such deciduism to put a nice long scratch on the side of the car at the level of the side mirror (in the article SS linked above it describes the location and length of the scratch)

Nurse also hope LE did complete testing on the undercarriage for any plantlife or dirt still sticking there

I think it points back to possibly someone in Chelsea's house...but perhaps not the family member she mentioned. Who else was at Chelsea's that evening who could have access to the van or the keys? Who had the keys or where were they located? Were they out in the open or in a purse? So many questions...

bottom line... that van had been used in between the time Chelsea had last seen it and at four am when she got in it to drive to Haleigh's

It had been moved.

I read the article and the wording really confused me when MC called it her van.

Is it MC's van or Chelsea's? Because earlier in the article Chelsea was talking about the way she had parked it and it wasn't parked as it should have been.

I'm confuzzled. Do we know which family members that were staying at Chelsea's house? Or is it not confirmed?

Do we have a shot of the tags on that van? We could run taxes on it. See who owns it. :D

Yes, it is an important point...if it is true. ;)

Well we know LE had the van. So that part is true. And why would she make up a story saying it had been moved? To try and blame the cousin? Why try to blame the cousin if he had nothing to do with it unless you are trying to take the heat off Misty? Or did the cousin have something to do with it and the van was really moved....there is no reason to make this up...unless you are trying to cover for someone....and at that it is bringing the focus right back on Misty and her family. So why wouldn't it be true?

Well we know LE had the van. So that part is true. And why would she make up a story saying it had been moved? To try and blame the cousin? Why try to blame the cousin if he had nothing to do with it unless you are trying to take the heat off Misty? Or did the cousin have something to do with it and the van was really moved....there is no reason to make this up...unless you are trying to cover for someone....and at that it is bringing the focus right back on Misty and her family. So why wouldn't it be true?
I don't have the answers. I just asked the question. LOL

What they didn't say was how did Misti find out that the van had a scratch. Did police point it out or did she have an opportunity to find and mention it first? Unless the visitor ( the cousin?) innocently snuck out with the van to go someplace, then this is a big part of the puzzle and answers my theory.

If LE had the van they probably went over it with a fine tooth comb. I wonder why the sister-in-law had it..not that it makes any difference. Was the person staying at the brother and sister-in-laws house a male? Interesting that the van was moved and had scratches the same night that Haleigh disappeared. Was the visitor...relative...over at Ron and Misty's earlier in the evening when Misty's brother was there?

[snipped from article]

Sitting in the driveway of Misty Cummings former home is a van driven by her sister-in-law.

&#8220;The day Haleigh went missing, everyone was looking for her&#8230;she (Misty) called me later that night and said 'Chelsea, please tell me you&#8217;re the one who put the scratch in my van.' I started crying and told her there&#8217;s no way I put the scratch in her van," said Chelsea.

So, the van was at Misty's former "Home". A home I'm sure she probably had a key for. The article clearly states the van is Misty's, but was being driven by Chelsea. Also, if it was Misty's van I'm sure she had a set of keys, so no it didn't have to be someone inside the house who took it.

Could this be Mistys Van and the sister in law borrowing it for whatever reason and had the keys for the van and trailer on the key chain. The cousin could have taken the van used the keys then returned the keys. Or Has the brother of Misty been ruled out. A lot of SO/RSO have children, could he possibly done somethng. Things to toss around

[snipped from article]

Sitting in the driveway of Misty Cummings former home is a van driven by her sister-in-law.

So, the van was at Misty's former "Home". A home I'm sure she probably had a key for. The article clearly states the van is Misty's, but was being driven by Chelsea. Also, if it was Misty's van I'm sure she had a set of keys, so no it didn't have to be someone inside the house who took it.
The artice could have been poorly worded, it may have been meant to mean the Mobile Home where Ron & Misty are no longer residing since they are staying elsewhere since Haleigh's disappearance.

The artice could have been poorly worded, it may have been meant to mean the Mobile Home where Ron & Misty are no longer residing since they are staying elsewhere since Haleigh's disappearance.

I agree.

If it's Misty's van, then IMO, it would make since that it was Misty who was driving it. Did you all catch that the reporters states that the relative (cousin?) has not been cleared?

That would be a bold move to kidnap a kid out of a room with Misty sleeping in it, then steal the same adult's van, taking the chance that before you got back, Misty wouldn't wake up and notice that you, the van and Haleigh are gone.

I thought in the video it also pointed out a cracked taillight?

It sounds to me like the sister-in-law had the van the night Haleigh went missing for whatever reason. The sister-in-law drove it to MC at RC's trailer in the early morning after MC called to tell them that Haleigh went missing. And then, I'm assuming that LE confiscated it from there after noticing the fresh scratch and cracked tail light?

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back