MD MD - JASON THOMAS SCOTT, suspected mother/daughter SK

colette

Reaction score
Wow! The articles say the latest victims were found a half mile away from the first! I don't understand why they would be found in a stolen vehicle???????

Both mothers were nurses? Did they work at the same place? If so, I hope they're looking at co-workers or someone who would have known both moms. So sad.

I read both of the news articles, and I definitely see why police are considering this to be the same killer, especially since the one families stolen car was found less than a half of a mile from where the second family was then murdered.

It'll be interesting to see what links LE can find between the two families.

Rest in Peace to Karen, Delores, Karissa and Ebony.

Wow! The articles say the latest victims were found a half mile away from the first! I don't understand why they would be found in a stolen vehicle???????

Both mothers were nurses? Did they work at the same place? If so, I hope they're looking at co-workers or someone who would have known both moms. So sad.

I didn't understand that either. The only thing I could think of is if maybe (since it was a robbery type thing) the killer was planning to abduct them (force them to drive to an ATM, or something along those lines) but then something went wrong on the way there and he killed them?

It sounds like the car that the last set of victims was in was not their car. That car might have had the keys taken at an earlier break-in and later the car was taken at 4AM. The car was then set on fire at a vacant home with the victims inside.

It sounds like the car that the last set of victims was in was not their car. That car might have had the keys taken at an earlier break-in and later the car was taken at 4AM. The car was then set on fire at a vacant home with the victims inside.

Thanks, colette. I'm so sorry for all of these beautiful women. I sure hope LE can put all the pieces together quickly.

Here is a new article. They have a task force looking into this. There have been more than 10 recent robberies in that area recently. They think the car keys were taken in Feb, then the car was taken later the night of the murders. The owner of the car saw someone driving her stolen car at a high rate of speed, a few minutes later the car was found burning with the victims inside.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2009/03/19/ST2009031904428.html

This case reminded me of the Alphabet murders,because of the double intials of the second Victim Dolores DeWitt. Then the name of the first victims the Loftens having the same letters as the area Largo.

Sometimes it's hard to tell if it's a serial until there are more bodies, unforunately..
The second pair were found in the trunk of a burned out stolen car. It's possible the perp left some kind of DNA (semen, or was in a struggle with them, maybe both) and burning them in a car would rid of the dna if he left any.

I'd say it's the same killer responsible for both, both pairs were found very close to each other location wise. It sounds like the killer is trying to perfect his M.O.; second pair burned in a car, the killer is showing he's knowledgeable about dna and wants to make it hard for LE to find his.

The first case, the Loftons were shot.
The second case, the DeWitts bodies shown no evidence of being shot or injuries that would support homicide.

If the cases are connected, which sounds likely, it sounds like the killer may gain control of his victims with a gun.
Lord knows how he killed the DeWitts as their bodies were found burned in the stolen car, so i'm thinking it was hands on somehow, no bullets.

The killer seems to kill while committing robberies, yet the killing is his primary motive.
He definitely seems to be perfecting his MO.
It's good LE is checking burglaries the past year in the area. The killer is also a burglar who may probably just escalated to killing.

I, too wonder if the mother worked at the same hospital..
Even though if the mothers worked at different hospitals, (not sure if same or different) there is the possibility that someone who worked in the hospital service would come into contact with both of them, either as a patient, maybe cleaning service, Do hospitals send out their linens to be cleaned at a service?

I know it said the daughters didn't go to the same school, yet could they have had any of the same friends outside of school?
Hopefully LE checks their computers as well.

DeWitt worked at a nursing home for 9 years in Clinton. Lofton had just completed her first day of orientation and training to be a school nurse in Largo. So different facilities.

The Lofton daughter managed to call 911 and said they were being robbed, then the phone went dead. When the police got there they were dead from gun shots. They may have stumbled into the robbery, or they were shot earlier than the killer wanted.
The Dewits murderers do seem like they were trying to burn DNA evidence.

A tv program I saw mentioned that some serial killers might try and break in first to see how easy it is to get in, and also to look around. There was a serial rapist in my town who did that, but, of course the police never warned the residents of this MO at the apartment complex that was being targetted. The burglary victims in this area could be future targets of a serial killer.

The video mentioned both families had dealt with domestic disputes, so I wonder if they knew the same guy (I'm assuming this was a male). Although we can't rule out the possibility that this was more than one person, in fact it's very likely.

What I'm wondering about is the robbery. It was exactly 2 months before the first murders, if I'm not mistaken? And this time the car was stolen, then the person seems to have deliberately drove by the house from which they stole the car. Perhaps they're teasing LE now that they've gotten away with it twice? Or maybe the cases aren't connected (although I agree with MeoW).

I hope I'm not reposting a previous article, but here's one I just found: http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0309/605228.html

The killer(s) took great steps in this case, meticulously planning everything. They've also, in my opinion, shown some patience in the timing of the crimes. Oh, also, hate to ask, but what's MO?

The video mentioned both families had dealt with domestic disputes, so I wonder if they knew the same guy (I'm assuming this was a male). Although we can't rule out the possibility that this was more than one person, in fact it's very likely.

What I'm wondering about is the robbery. It was exactly 2 months before the first murders, if I'm not mistaken? And this time the car was stolen, then the person seems to have deliberately drove by the house from which they stole the car. Perhaps they're teasing LE now that they've gotten away with it twice? Or maybe the cases aren't connected (although I agree with MeoW).

I hope I'm not reposting a previous article, but here's one I just found: http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0309/605228.html

The killer(s) took great steps in this case, meticulously planning everything. They've also, in my opinion, shown some patience in the timing of the crimes. Oh, also, hate to ask, but what's MO?

Sorry for the double post, guys. But I've just been toying with the possibilities of this case. The ring of burglaries, the initial burglaries of the Dewitt home and later the car key and car from the other lady's home... some of these, if not all, must be connected. Clearly the key and car are connected to the Dewitt murder, but what of the Lofton double-homicide? They were shot, no?

MO is the method of operation that the criminal uses usually each time during the crime.

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll be sure to try and keep up with the terminology. Ok, going based on what was previously said, it definitely looks like MO was trying to be covered up. Unfortunately, it may take another attack to confirm this, but so far it seems most likely to me.

My theory is that these two women were dating the same guy, and something went wrong. The only basis I have, however, is something stated in one of the videos where it was said that both families had some domestic issues (although this is true of pretty much ALL families). But, suppose this theory is true, the man may have a fetish for nurses, and probably lives relatively close-by. I feel they would need to know the community very well in order to elude LE so quickly, given that 9 minutes is clearly a short amount of time to make a clean getaway if one live's far away. In fact, I believe the murderer(s) happen(s) to live in the community.

There was another double murder in this county a month or two before these.

Do you have information about the other set of murders besides the Lofton's and the Dewits? Do you have links? Thanks in advance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back