760 users online (105 members and 655 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wife says $43 million isn't enough in divorce settlement

She says $53,000 a week isn't enough.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/compan...xpensive_N.htm

Douglas-David has filed court papers saying she has more than $53,800 in weekly expenses, including maintaining a Park Avenue apartment and three residences in Sweden. Also among her weekly expenses: $700 for limousine service, $4,500 for clothes, $1,000 for hair and skin treatments, $1,500 for restaurants and entertainment, and $8,000 for travel.

I absolutely hate women like that!!!She needs to open her probably fake colored eyes and look outside her little pampered world and see how LUCKY she is to be getting what she previously agreed to in a postnup!
    I wish judges could sentence women like this to community service working with the homeless for one year before ever giving them one penny!

She could count her blessings~ at least her ex husband is worth 329 million dollars. Many of us lost a portion of our 401K's and don't have an estimated net worth! (Note to self: Should have married a CEO.)

Quote Originally Posted by Boyz_Mum View Post
    She could count her blessings~ at least her ex husband is worth 329 million dollars. Many of us lost a portion of our 401K's and don't have an estimated net worth! (Note to self: Should have married a CEO.)

...and some of us were left with nothing after after husband's went through everything we had...including the 401K, house, cars, etc. I shouldn't have got married! CEO or not.

I just can't help but think it is this type of behavior from a few women that makes the womans rights movement look hypocritical. I.E. many women want/expect equal rights-equal respect-equal pay, but ask them to fix the car, or take out the trash-and that's "a mans job". It ticks me off to no end.

From the above posted link, bold by me:

Marie Douglas-David, 36, a former investment banker, says she has no income and needs her husband, George David, 67, to pay her more than $53,000 a week to cover her expenses.
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Evanescence
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164

he's 67 and she's 36 - yeah, that was a marriage for love, uh huh!
    She needs to get over herself and pick up the shattered pieces of her over-indulgent existence and move along.
    I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue. --Barry Goldwater, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MissieMt View Post
    I just can't help but think it is this type of behavior from a few women that makes the womans rights movement look hypocritical. I.E. many women want/expect equal rights-equal respect-equal pay, but ask them to fix the car, or take out the trash-and that's "a mans job". It ticks me off to no end.

From the above posted link, bold by me:
    I have never looked at this type situation from that POV. Thank you MissieMt! In everyday life, lizzybeth's story is closer to what I hear of.

Quote Originally Posted by ValleySailor View Post
    he's 67 and she's 36 - yeah, that was a marriage for love, uh huh!
    She needs to get over herself and pick up the shattered pieces of her over-indulgent existence and move along.
    I thought the article said she's a countess? (Is that a woman who counts money?)

Seriously though, she's a Swedish Countess, what does that mean?

She has no income? Maybe she should get a job, like the rest of the world. Greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat1 View Post
    She says $53,000 a week isn't enough.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/compan...xpensive_N.htm

Douglas-David has filed court papers saying she has more than $53,800 in weekly expenses, including maintaining a Park Avenue apartment and three residences in Sweden. Also among her weekly expenses: $700 for limousine service, $4,500 for clothes, $1,000 for hair and skin treatments, $1,500 for restaurants and entertainment, and $8,000 for travel.
    I would love to get her "hand me downs".

Quote Originally Posted by Boyz_Mum View Post
    You are sooooo right!!

Talk about high maintenance!

That's 43 million more than I got from my divorce.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

It seems that greed is overtaking a lot of other things that have been wrong in this world. There's sure a lot of it in the news lately.

It IS hard to relate.....where in the world will they find a jury of this couple's peers?
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast