Wife says $43 million isn't enough in divorce settlement

kittykat1

Reaction score
She says $53,000 a week isn't enough.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/management/2009-03-18-divorce-expensive_N.htm

Douglas-David has filed court papers saying she has more than $53,800 in weekly expenses, including maintaining a Park Avenue apartment and three residences in Sweden. Also among her weekly expenses: $700 for limousine service, $4,500 for clothes, $1,000 for hair and skin treatments, $1,500 for restaurants and entertainment, and $8,000 for travel.

I absolutely hate women like that!!!She needs to open her probably fake colored eyes and look outside her little pampered world and see how LUCKY she is to be getting what she previously agreed to in a postnup!
I wish judges could sentence women like this to community service working with the homeless for one year before ever giving them one penny!

She could count her blessings~ at least her ex husband is worth 329 million dollars. Many of us lost a portion of our 401K's and don't have an estimated net worth! (Note to self: Should have married a CEO.)

She could count her blessings~ at least her ex husband is worth 329 million dollars. Many of us lost a portion of our 401K's and don't have an estimated net worth! (Note to self: Should have married a CEO.)

...and some of us were left with nothing after after husband's went through everything we had...including the 401K, house, cars, etc. I shouldn't have got married! CEO or not.

:crazy:

I just can't help but think it is this type of behavior from a few women that makes the womans rights movement look hypocritical. I.E. many women want/expect equal rights-equal respect-equal pay, but ask them to fix the car, or take out the trash-and that's "a mans job". It ticks me off to no end.

From the above posted link, bold by me:

Marie Douglas-David, 36, a former investment banker, says she has no income and needs her husband, George David, 67, to pay her more than $53,000 a week to cover her expenses.

he's 67 and she's 36 - yeah, that was a marriage for love, uh huh!
She needs to get over herself and pick up the shattered pieces of her over-indulgent existence and move along.

I just can't help but think it is this type of behavior from a few women that makes the womans rights movement look hypocritical. I.E. many women want/expect equal rights-equal respect-equal pay, but ask them to fix the car, or take out the trash-and that's "a mans job". It ticks me off to no end.

From the above posted link, bold by me:

I have never looked at this type situation from that POV. Thank you MissieMt! In everyday life, lizzybeth's story is closer to what I hear of.

he's 67 and she's 36 - yeah, that was a marriage for love, uh huh!
She needs to get over herself and pick up the shattered pieces of her over-indulgent existence and move along.

I thought the article said she's a countess? (Is that a woman who counts money?) :crazy:

Seriously though, she's a Swedish Countess, what does that mean?

She has no income? Maybe she should get a job, like the rest of the world. Greedy.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/management/2009-03-18-divorce-expensive_N.htm

Douglas-David has filed court papers saying she has more than $53,800 in weekly expenses, including maintaining a Park Avenue apartment and three residences in Sweden. Also among her weekly expenses: $700 for limousine service, $4,500 for clothes, $1,000 for hair and skin treatments, $1,500 for restaurants and entertainment, and $8,000 for travel.

I would love to get her "hand me downs". :crazy:

You are sooooo right!!:blowkiss:

That's 43 million more than I got from my divorce.

It seems that greed is overtaking a lot of other things that have been wrong in this world. There's sure a lot of it in the news lately.

WTF :eek: weekly? Are you kidding me! I don't think I've spent that much on clothes in the 40 years I've been on this earth!:confused:

although my husband would probably disagree..... :wink:

Also from the above link posted:
Her weekly expenses exceed the $50,000 that the Census Bureau estimates was the U.S. median annual household income in 2007.

In other words-she could probably support a family of 4 for a YEAR if she would divert her expenses for 1 WEEK.
I'm sorry-but I would just smack someone upside their head if I were a judge and they came before me with this garbage. It down right infuriates me!!

$53,800 a week isn't enough? I'd love to be making that a year!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back