Break in @ Tony L's Apartment

lastchance

Reaction score
(Mods, If this has been addressed, please feel free to move.) I started thinking this morning, (an always dangerous pursuit for me, lol,) about the alleged break in at TL's. I found it odd that TL would not let Casey stay at his apartment when he was gone. There seemed to be some trust issues, if you know what I mean. Do you think he suspected that she was a thief even early on? She encouraged him to break the lock on the shed to get the gas cans, showing a complete disregard for the property of others. I wonder if he was starting to realize her true character.

I think HIS character comes into question here as HE was the one who took the tire iron and broke the lock...

Do we have a date when this break-in occurred? I think this could easily have been Casey who did this break-in.

I think one reason why he was not charged with the break-in to the building is because he agreed to wear a wire and help the police in the matter of missing Caylee. Otherwise, by admitting that he was the one who broke the lock, he would have faced charges...

TL's room mates no doubt would have objected to Casey having access to the apartment while Tony was in New York.
If I recall, didn't TL have a fit when he discovered that she had been driving his jeep all over town while he was gone?

TL's room mates no doubt would have objected to Casey having access to the apartment while Tony was in New York.
If I recall, didn't TL have a fit when he discovered that she had been driving his jeep all over town while he was gone?

Where were his room-mates while he was gone? Did they also go on a trip at the same time? Keep in mind if Casey did not have permission to drive the jeep, then she must have had a key made in secret when she did have permission previously, and then used that key while he was away.

IIRC, they were only dating for 2 weeks! The hooked up over memorial day weekend. Why would he let her have so much access? Who knows, at the time, he could have been dating another girl. His role has always surprised me as this relationship was so new when Caylee went missing (motive aside).

Where were his room-mates while he was gone? Did they also go on a trip at the same time? Keep in mind if Casey did not have permission to drive the jeep, then she must have had a key made in secret when she did have permission previously, and then used that key while he was away.

I never thought of the key. The only key I can remember is the one of AH's that Lee "destroyed". The thing that shocks me is that this group seemed pretty elastic about allowing people to stay overnight, but TL was adamant about Casey not being there when he was not. Perhaps his roomates found stuff missing when she was there and complained.

i don't think he'd have to feel there was a trust issue to tell casey she couldn't stay at his apartment, but that doesn't mean that such an issue didn't exist.
tony must have known that his room mates would have been extremely uncomfortable w/ casey coming and going as if she, and not tony, lived there, while he wasn't even in the same state. perhaps his room mates occasionally had their girlfriends to stay over and having a lone female would, under the circumstances, have been awkward - to say the least. frankly she had no right or reason to be there if tony himself was not.

i don't want to judge the boy's character over an incident w/ a garage door.
if i myself were judged in this manner and using the same standards then some of the stupid things i did when i was young would surely see me condemned to an eternity in hell, and neither do i believe that my former actions speak to my character, only my immaturity - at the time. the boy may grow into a fine man, but he is, as yet, only a boy.

I also wondered about the reference to a break in at TL's and why LA would mention it, but all things Lee are confusing for me at best. :confused:
FWIW, I looked into Sutton Place apartments early on because I was interested in Amy's totalled car, which was parked at TL's June 14 through July 7. Although I do not have a link, the information is readily available if you do a google search for Sutton Place Apartments Orlando. I concluded that Sutton Place has a notoriously high crime rate, especially for a "secure" facility. There was mention of a walking path very near the entrance to these apartments that is a well known place for body disposal. :eek:
Based on many reviews posted by previous and current tenants, the cops being called was a routine ocurrence and many felt unsafe as there had been rapes and robberies on the premises.
Since this apartment complex had its fair share of criminal activity, maybe the break in at TL's was just coincidence though it's hard for me to imagine LA mentioning this incident to TL if it was insignificant. Would be interesting to know when it ocurred and what was taken...unfortunately this information has not been released. :bang:

Wait a second..KC picked up AL from the airport, she had his car washed etc. Obviously she had his keys. I don't recall if she took him to the airport or not, I'll look into it.

Also it wasn't a garage they broke into it was a shed. JMO.

I think HIS character comes into question here as HE was the one who took the tire iron and broke the lock...

Do we have a date when this break-in occurred? I think this could easily have been Casey who did this break-in.

ITA. When I heard that, I wondered why in heck didn't he just say, "Aw c'mon Casey, let's just go to Target and buy a gas can. I'll pay for it AND the gas."
I don't know, that's just what I would do if a friend of mine was asking me to help them break into a shed at their parents' house.

He is at the age, well.. where he can still believe in people. That a person wouldn't break into their parents shed, unless it is ok. It wouldn't cross such a persons mind yet.

I don't fault him for it. And hope he has learned his lesson before it bite him.

As for why he hasn't been arrested.. GA & CA would have to file charges for both him and their Daughter. .. They pretty much dropped it when they found out KC was involved.

IIRC, this break-in was mentioned early-on when Tony's temporary (non-paying) roommate appeared on Greta. Like this latest mention, little info was given. I think many of us were disappointed that Greta didn't pursue the issue.

I think TL didnt realise that he was "breaking in" to the shed. As we know by the IM's and text messages between KC and TL, she was telling him that IT WAS HER HOUSE. TL probibly thought that he was helping KC get into her OWN SHED.

It took me all of one hot second to come to the conclusion that KC broke into the appt. If she did have a key then she staged it to look like a break-in so she wouldnt come under suspicion.

Imo he might not have minded her staying at his place if he did not have a room mate, but siince he did, he might not have trusted Casey with another male around.

VB

To me, it all goes back to them being together for such.a.short.time.

In one of his interviews, he clearly stated that he thought she was taking things WAY too seriously. Even if he would joke about moving away, she would cry.

Tells me he thought it would likely be a nice summer fling, plain and simple.

KC was a "friendly" girl. Maybe TL thought she might try to get too friendly with the roomies.

Re his car: I seem to recall he let her have the keys for emergencies and to pick him up at the airport - but she drove it all over he!!'s half-acre and probably drunk or drugged. I think they're relationship was much more casual than KC wanted to believe. The girls and guys my son hung out with all "loved" each other and said so. I found out years later that they "hooked up" sometimes, too, just for fun. . .:eek:
Guess I can't say anything - I was one of those crazy hippies in the 60s and 70s :woohoo:
Okay - I admit it - I still am . . .

peace out
hug a tree
all you need is love
purple haze

Hey that reminds me - I swear I heard LA mention purple haze in his first phone call w/KC - going back to try to find it. Chloroform is used to make LSD. hhmmmm....

KC had TL's car keys because she dropped him off & picked him up from the airport, IIRC. I would think that he removed his house keys from his keychain before giving her the car keys. If the housekeys were on there it could be implied, to her, that it was OK to go to the apartment and snoop. I'm sure he didn't want her in the apt so she could snoop (which he probably assumed she'd do). It was SO early in the relationship that I'm sure there were things that he didn't want her to find, that would be normal.

Why in the world would she stay at his apartment when he was gone? She had a child and a home so there was no reason for her to stay at his place, irregardless of any drama happening at that home. And, she had that fabulous 'nanny' that she could always stay with if she wanted :eyeroll: . Additionally, didn't she threaten to sleep with his roommate during a text message at one point?

This whole 'living together' thing that has been put out there by the media is just ridiculous IMO. They weren't 'living together', they had booty calls and after June 15th they just became extended-length booty calls. Unfortunately, with today's young adults, it's not uncommon for a newly dating couple to stay together for several days before going on with their own lives and then 'hook up' again for another several days.

I don't fault TL much for the shed break-in incident. It was KC's house and she probably lied to him about how she couldn't find the key or it was ok 'I do this all the time', blah blah blah. He is young and was thinking with the wrong part of his body. A more mature adult would have questioned it or offered to purchase gas/gas can for her. But let's face it, he's just a kid.

(Mods, If this has been addressed, please feel free to move.) I started thinking this morning, (an always dangerous pursuit for me, lol,) about the alleged break in at TL's. I found it odd that TL would not let Casey stay at his apartment when he was gone. There seemed to be some trust issues, if you know what I mean. Do you think he suspected that she was a thief even early on? She encouraged him to break the lock on the shed to get the gas cans, showing a complete disregard for the property of others. I wonder if he was starting to realize her true character.

It appears to me that he thought the shed and its contents belonged to Casey, since she was so kindly allowing her parents to stay at her house for awhile.

I've often wondered about the break-in at Tony's, and why we haven't heard much about that. I've often wondered about WHY KC bothered to wash Tony's Jeep at a car wash. She's too cheap for that. Maybe it had "evidence" of mud on the tires, or maybe she used a vacuum cleaner that car washes have, to vacuum evidence (of what, I'm not sure, lol).

You guys are scaring me about "crimey" Orlando. My DH is going there for the wk.end (funeral in family). I had planned to go and scope out the KC hoopla. But, I really don't care for Florida at all. I'm staying home. I told DH to look out for Zanny the Nanny. Is there a reward out for her? Hmmmm...

ETA, and I forgot to mention, I also have wondered why Tony didn't ask KC, you know, why do you run out of gas like this? And, I also thought, why didn't Tony just offer to bring her some gas, anything other than breaking a lock to get someone else's gas can. Somethin' ain't right here. But, we knew that!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back